My Journal to Me - Comments welcome!

Congrats on the 6lb weightloss! Thats a great way to start this week. :Pinkbounc You are on your way to looking great for that cruise!

How do you like California? We lived in California for 9 years. We miss it sometimes, and younger ds is always bugging us to take him out there so he can see where he was born. We lived in Tarzana in the San Fernando Valley so I could go to Cal State Northridge (CSUN). I bet I wouldn't recognize anything - after we left Northridge had an earthquake and I've heard that the mall (ds worked there when he was in college) and CSUN both had to be rebuilt.

Hi there

I am so glad that you got tagged...and in my journal....I am still waiting.....and waiting!!!

Hope you are having a great day! Keep up the good work :)

Hi everyone. DD had a great birthday, even aced her math test! :banana: Thanks for all the nice words.

DD chose "Dutch Baby" (German Pancake - lotsa butter, eggs, etc.) for breakfast and local Chinese place for dinner so my calories, etc were way up there. I did eat small portions and a sensible lunch though. My biggest issue is I have not exercised at all this week!! I can come up with lots of excuses, but fact remains I have got to get out and get moving or this weight will not come off or stay off! I'm not sure what it is going to take to get me going. Scale went up a pound this morning so maybe that will get me moving. :confused3

7a: 1.5 serving dutch baby, 12 oz skim milk
no snack - still full
12:30p: 6 oz FF yogurt, 1c sliced strawberries, 1 serving baked pita chips, 12 oz skim milkl
5p: 12 oz skim milk
6p: Chinese place: 1 chicken satay, 1 beef satay, 2 creamcheese wontons :sad2: , 1c sizzling rice soup, +1 serving KuTing Chicken, .5 serving PlumTree Beef, half the banana from inside the birthday banana fritter, .5 fortune cookie, 1 small glass plum wine
8p: 1 bite birthday cake
Resisted: leftover dutch baby, cocktail, rice and multiple servings at Chinese place, rest of birthday cake slice and ice cream!

Water: 80 oz at home and at least 24 oz at Restaurant (they kept filling it up before I'd finished!)

Exercise: NONE! :sad2:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is it about Teletubbies? It is completely mindless, but totally mesmerizes DD. It is a little frightening! I don't let her watch it at home, but she has seen it at the grandparents and recognizes the music.

Jane E. said:
How do you like California? We lived in California for 9 years. We miss it sometimes, and younger ds is always bugging us to take him out there so he can see where he was born. We lived in Tarzana in the San Fernando Valley so I could go to Cal State Northridge (CSUN). I bet I wouldn't recognize anything - after we left Northridge had an earthquake and I've heard that the mall (ds worked there when he was in college) and CSUN both had to be rebuilt.

I love CA! I grew up in Northern CA and never thought I would live in the South. Now I love it here too. It has definitely changed a lot though. So much growth! The traffic on the 5 in SD is starting to resemble LA at times! Maybe as a reward for yourself you could plan a trip to DL and spend a day/afternoon visiting your old haunts!

CONGRATS ON THE 6LBS!!! :banana: :banana:
CONGRATS ON YOUR TAG!! :banana: :banana:
CONGRATS DD ON THE MATH TEST!!! can you tutor my ds?? :banana:

You are doing great!! so what about the Chinese food...it looks like you had small helpings...besides, it was DD b-day!!
Go walk it off!!

keep up the great work!!!
marie

Today was a great day! I actually got my walk in! :yay: :yay: :yay: Walked with the Jogger Stroller for 60 minutes even though it looked like it was going to rain (it didn't.) The day didn't start off great. Ate a cupcake first thing (what was I thinking?) and then decided that was breakfast! Did much better (for the most part) after that though.

Food:
7:30a - small cupcake (!)
10:30a - trail mix popcorn - Yum!
12:30p - 1.5c Chinese Chicken Salad with FF lime cilantro dressing, 12 oz skim milk
3:30p - another small cupcake :sad2:
6:30p - chicken breast, zucchini & yellow squash & onions, 2 small pieces sourdough bread, 12 oz skim milk
7:45p - 1 very small slice of birthday cake
Resisted: rice pilaf with dinner, more bread, more cake and cupcakes.
Daily Total Cal: 1200, Fat: 29g, Carb: 130g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 106g

Water: 136 oz (!) Think I sort of overdid this one today, but I was hungry making dinner so I would just drink more water instead of nibbling.

Exercise: 60 minute walk with Jogger Stroller! :yay:

Congrats to you DD for aceing her test!! That is great!!

Way to go on the walk...I have been wanting to walk here at work after I eat and that just has not been working. So today I was going to do it....yeah it's raining...no thanks!!

Cupcakes are hard to turn down.....I know...DH will ask me to make them and I always try to say no to them, but sometimes it just does not work!!! Don't worry about it....today is a new day :)

Keep up the good work....the exercise will come! You are still doing a great job!!!

Way to go on getting the walk in!!! 60 minutes will contribute greatly towards working that cupcake off!!

keep up the good work!

Way to go getting your walk in! :yay:

I'm glad to hear that your DD aced her test and had a great birthday! :goodvibes

Hope you have a wonderful weekend! :sunny: Thanks for your support and encouragement in my journal. :grouphug:

You did great yesterday! Way to go getting back on track even though you had a cupcake for breakfast. It is way too easy to just say "well, I already blew it so I might as well eat whatever I want for the rest of the day and get back on track tomorrow", but you didn't do that! :cheer2:

You are really a milk drinking machine! :teeth:

Great job getting that walk in while pushing a stroller. :banana: Your calorie count is looking good.

Northern California is beautiful. It must be a big change moving to the south. I don't miss the freeways; although, I actually liked travelling on them when I lived there. I don't think I could do it now, though. I usually travelled the 5 or the 405 depending on where I worked. I've been to DL twice - probably wouldn't recognize it anymore either - the last time was in 1988.

OMG - 136 oz of water!!! I didn't think ANYONE could drink more water than Amy (lovinAZ) but you've proven me wrong!!! I managed 90 oz a couple of times, and felt a "water headache" coming on.(that's when you drink so much water your brain starts floating and the waves make it crash into the side of your head!) wow.....136oz....i'm in awe.....
heck, between the walking and the water your body is saying, "cupcake, what cupcake....i flushed that out 80 oz ago!!"

You really are doing great- keep it up! and thanks for the encouragement on my journal...i really appreciate it!

marie

Thank you all for your words of encouragement in my journal. It truly does help me. :love:
Today was another decent day. I ate well (except for those darn cupcakes & birthday cake!) and I decided that the housework this morning would have to count as my exercise. My heartrate was up at least part of the time and I definitely got sweaty.

Food:
8:00a: 1/2c GoLean Crunch Cereal, 24 oz skim milk, cupcake(!)
11:30a: 1.5c Chinese Chicken Salad with FF lime cilantro dressing
3:30p: 1/2c FF cottage cheese, 1/2 grapefruit
6:30p: Salad w/ red & yellow peppers, feta, and chicken and salsa; 1 slice sourdough bread; 12 oz skim milk
7:30p: 1 slice birthday cake
Totals:
Cal: 1194, Fat: 24g, Carbs: 150g, Fiber: 8g, Protein: 101g

Water: 104 oz

Exercise: I did misc. housework for 3.5 hours this morning so I am counting that and the many trips up and down the stairs putting "kid stuff" away (!) as my exercise for the day. Why are kids incapable of putting shoes, socks, backpacks, etc away? :confused3 The floor is NOT where it belongs!

Anna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaime, no way could I make yummy stuff for DH or the kids and not eat it. Your willpower to resist continuously amazes me! :banana:

ScoJo15 & Amy, I was so disgusted with myself for eating the cupcake first thing in the morning, I just had to go out and walk.

Amy, LOL. I am actually restricting the milk I drink right now. I love the white stuff! :teeth: The only thing better is eggnog in December! Of course, that does account for some of the excess weight I have now. :blush:

Jane, Southern CA was a big change for me. DH grew up here though. Most of my family is still in Northern CA so we get up to visit quite a bit. I still love it there too. DL has definitely had some changes. We just went to DCA for the first time last month. It was fun, but I still love the original mousehouse the best!

Marie, LOL. I wasn't really paying attention to how much I was drinking. I have a 64 oz container in the fridge that I pour all my water from. Right before dinner I realized I had emptied it for the second time. Then I had another cup with dinner 'cause I was thirsty. :rotfl: Before I started this journey I had never even emptied the container once in a single day!

Wow, we finally have a name - Anna! Thanks for sharing that!

You did great, even with the cupcake and cake. You made up for it by cutting calories in other areas and that is awesome. It shows that you can still enjoy a treat every now and then and stay within a decent number of calories.

Have you tried the Kashi Crunch with FF Yogurt? I got hooked on yogurt with granola or Kashi mixed in when I was in Germany and Norway (except then I also had to mix in a little jam because they have plain yogurt :crazy2: ). I love that stuff, it's one of my favorite snacks!

Your bones must be like titanium with all that calcium you consume!

That is great that you joined the exercise challenge! :cheer2: It really is motivating - I've been doing the monthly challenges since July and have only missed my goal once. :thumbsup2 It's addicting!

Great job on the water! I can barely get in my 64 and the rest of you are drinking over 90oz! How was DCA? I've seen some of the park on TV. I wish we'd get some of your rides here!

Today was not great, but not horrible either. The cupcakes and cake are finally gone, Thank goodness! Spent the morning finishing up the PTA newsletter (I'm the editor.) and the afternoon Powershopping with DD12, so once again I did not exercise (unless you count the Powershopping!). For DD12's birthday she got to buy a new outfit. She is rail thin and really tall (5'3" already!) so buying clothes for her is always a trial. We finally found a really cute peasant skirt and a couple of tops and the requisite sandals, of course, at Limited Too. :faint: Tried looking at a number of other (cheaper!) stores, but just couldn't find anything that would fit her nonexistent hips and still be long enough. Good thing it is almost summer and she can just run around in a pair of shorts and a swim suit soon!

Food:
9a: 3 pancakes w/ apricot sauce, 1 egg, 12 oz skim milk
12p: Quesadilla w/ chicken & 3T salsa, 12 oz skim milk
4:45p: Granola Bar
6:30p: picked up Rubio's on the way home: 1 HealthMex Chicken Taco, 1 Chicken Street Taco, 3 beer battered fries (blah!)
7:15p: 12 oz skim milk w/ Ovaltine (I needed something sweet)
Totals:
Cal: 1511, Fat: 35g, Carbs: 212g, Fiber: 9g, Protein: 84g

Water: 116 oz

Exercise: just Powershopping!

Anna
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Amy, yes, my name is Anna. I am coming out of lurkdom. :blush:

I'll have to try the Yogurt and Kashi. So funny about you having yogurt in Norway. My family lived there for a year when I was in college. I went over for the summer and lived on yogurt! I don't like fish, and without the yogurt I think I would have starved to death! :rotfl:

My Dr laughs about all the milk I drink. "I guess we don't need to do a bone density scan for you!" Of course, I tripped on the stairs a year ago and broke two bones in my foot - so go figure!? Guess I don't want to know what my bones would be like without all the milk!

I am excited about the exercise challenge. I really need something to keep me motivated to exercise. Fitday has been great for me on the eating side of things. I can make more informed choices now about what I eat. I really like it. Now I need something for the exercise side! :yay:

Jane, I just always have a water glass or a water bottle with me. When it is empty, I fill it up again from a pitcher in the fridge. It still sort of amazes me at the end of the day when I see the how much of the pitcher is gone. The downside is I can tell you where every single bathroom is in the mall, the grocery store, etc....

DCA was better than I had expected. We loved Screamin' - great roller coaster. CA Soarin' is also fantastic! I wish we had done this one again, but the lines were too long. My older girls did TOT with DH. We all did the Sun Wheel ferris wheel with the moving car -- that was a big mistake. DD2 was petrified and wanted OFF as soon as the car started to move. The rest of us weren't to thrilled with all the rocking either. We had park hopper tickets so we went to DL early, then to DCA and then back to DL for the fireworks show (Awesome, by the way!) I am not sure I would want to just spend the day at DCA.

Thank you for visiting my journal. Your comments are really helpful for me and I very much appreciate them. Off to try and read some journals now ...

As the daughter of a former Dairy Farmer...THANK YOU for your support!! :teeth:
I grew up on whole milk....none of that store bought stuff....we went out to the barn a couple hours after milking and got it out of the cooler!! best stuff around. I was 25 before I could drink store bought milk :crazy:
Of course, when I got pregnant w/ DD, i became lactose intolerant and couldn't even look at the stuff!! now, almost 7 yrs later, i can handle a glass of chocolate milk w/ no problem....go figure!! oh, and as far as the strong bones.....neither me, nor my sisters have ever broken any bones (except my 3 fingers when i got drunk on my 21st b-day), so i guess the stuff really works!!!

have a great day and keep up the great work!!
marie

I'm glad you got rid of the cupcakes and cake! Temptation is the worst!

You are doing really good with your food! And now that you've joined the exercise challenge, those pounds are going to melt right off! :banana:

My DS10 is very tall as well - 4'10" and 73lbs... Yep, the definition of string bean... He is 95th percentile in height and 75th in weight... He will be taller than me by the time he is out of elementary school - he only has 6" to go! How am I going to drag him to his room then?!? :confused3

I love CA Soarin'. We all loved the rocking car ferris wheel. But of course my family is a bunch of roller coaster junkies...

You're doing awesome, keep it up! :cheer2:

You're doing GREAT, Anna!

Keep up all that calcium - it's SO GOOD for you!

Have a great week!

Hi Anna,

You had a good weekend!! Glad to hear that the cake and cupcakes are gone. It is hard when they are around...I know....It is hard to not want one, but it does get easier after time...There are times now when I make something for DH that I want so bad...but I know I can't....Maybe in a day or two...it will get easier. I promise!!!

You are doing a great job! Keep up the good work and have a great day!

Happy Monday :)

Weigh-in this morning (Monday) was 177. I lost another 2 pounds! :banana: This will be my starting weight for the May Challenge. As long as I am losing at least 1/wk, I’m happy. Since I the 6 pounds I lost last week seems to have stayed off, I am changing my clippie today! :banana: On this second week of my journey I feel like I have gotten my eating reasonably under control. I still need to eat more fruits and veggies, and watch for fat. Fitday.com has been great for me in this area. The next piece of the puzzle will be getting in my exercise. At least with the exercise challenge, I’m motivated to get out and get my exercise in! Thanks Amy! :yay:

Sunday my eating was not great, but ok. DH usually takes over the cooking on the weekends :love: His meals are not exactly “balanced” though. He is not a big veggie eater at all. He made waffles for breakfast and then since the weather was nice ( :sunny: finally!) he decided to grill burgers and make fries for dinner. (The French fries were the veggie!) He also bought chocolate chip cookie dough ….this is going to be a huge temptation for me to resist this week ( :sad2: sigh).

Food:
9:30a: 1 homemade waffle w/ butter and peach sauce (yum!), 12 oz skim milk
12:30p: ¼ cantaloupe, 6 slices deli ham
5:30p: grilled hamburger, 4 french fries, 12 oz skim milk
Totals:
Cal: 1295, Fat: 43g, Carbs: 160, Fiber: 6g, Protein: 70g

Water: 106 oz

Exercise: nothing
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It really, really does help me keep going. Last night I wanted something to eat around 9:30p, but I resisted because I knew I didn't want to have to journal that late night snack! So thanks for keeping me honest all! :banana:

Marie, Chocolate milk is yummy! We are big Dairy supporters! I usually buy 2 gallons of skim, 2-3 gallons of 2%, and 1 gallon of whole milk every week. DD12 & 10 drink 2%, and DD2 still drinks whole. All my kids are skinny and the Dr says to get fat into them any way I can (go figure!). I switched from 2% to skim several years ago. It was a hard transition, but it was better than cutting down on the milk I drink! :rotfl2: DH was pouring half and half on his cereal when we first started dating. I have gotten him down to 2% now. :rotfl:

Amy, the cupcakes are gone, but now there is the cookie dough.... Thanks for doing the May Exercise Challenge. I am really looking forward to the motivation! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter