My first solo trip!

I do understand the hesitations of eating alone. Can be a little awkward, if you are actually concerned about what others there might think. I wasnt. The bar at Oga's Cantina was the best though for some nice late afternoon/evening refreshments before heading out. Though last time I had to chill for maybe 15 minutes by the Falcon when that last Dagobah Slug Slinger hit me.

One thing I didnt really enjoy, but figured it was something everyone 'has' to do, is being in the mass of people watching the MK fireworks. A great show as always but just too many people jammed together in an oversized mosh pit waiting for hours. And the daddy with his kid on his shoulders right in front of me was a bit annoying. OTOH, the show at Epcot with the crowds ringing the lake was pretty cool. But really really loud.

Will be back again for a solo for a week over Halloween. First actual vacation in two years. I plan to make it more relaxing and not as much 'all-day parks'. It probably would have been fun to see the pageantry on the Oct 31 No-so-scary event. But that sold out quick.

One thing I guess that could affect the experience is if going 'solo' means going without family or significant others or going solo as an unattached single person. Though of course WDW isnt Vegas. I dont see a tagline starting with 'What happens in WDW stays in WDW". :music:

Congratulations to you! I am also doing my first solo trip at the end of November for Thanksgiving and my birthday since I was going to spend them alone anyway. I'm very excited! I bet we'll both love it! Freedom!

Last edited:

I just booked my first solo trip for late November for Port Orleans Riverside too!! I have always wanted to see the Christmas decorations and wander the parks/resorts. No one else in my family wanted to go. I decided that life is too short and I am going to do something for me after taking care of everyone else's needs. Hope you have a great trip and maybe we will run into each other at POR!!

Congratulations to you! I am also doing my first solo trip at the end of November for Thanksgiving and my birthday since I was going to spend them alone anyway. I'm very excited! I bet we'll both love it! Freedom!

I just booked my first solo trip for late November for Port Orleans Riverside too!! I have always wanted to see the Christmas decorations and wander the parks/resorts. No one else in my family wanted to go. I decided that life is too short and I am going to do something for me after taking care of everyone else's needs. Hope you have a great trip and maybe we will run into each other at POR!!
Yay for all three of us!! I hope you both have an incredible time, too! :love::santa:

Welcome to the solo club! After a history similar to yours, I'm heading out on my first ever solo trip in early September! I also found super cheap airfare for 2 days in October...well see how it goes! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!
How was your trip??? I hope you had an amazing time!!!

Awesome solo trip planned! The Royal room at Port Orleans Riverside is a nice treat for your first solo WDW visit. I love your plan to kick back at the resort instead of hitting the parks hard. As a fellow solo traveler, I understand your excitement - solo trips are the best for doing your own thing without worrying about anyone else. Enjoy your royal room and all the festive vibes! Have a blast!

Awesome solo trip planned! The Royal room at Port Orleans Riverside is a nice treat for your first solo WDW visit. I love your plan to kick back at the resort instead of hitting the parks hard. As a fellow solo traveler, I understand your excitement - solo trips are the best for doing your own thing without worrying about anyone else. Enjoy your royal room and all the festive vibes! Have a blast!
Thank you!! :santa: :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter