My appologies....

Ya really wanna weaken some brain cells? YouTube "Run Joey Run", "Billy Dont Be a Hero" "The Night Chicago Died" and "Seasons In The Sun"...you might be able to find links to all of them on the same page!!!! Man...as much great music came out of the 70s...they had some real crap too, didnt they.....whats sad is I know the words to all those songs...if only I could delete all that from my memory and use the empty space for evil world domination!!

How about the worst song of all...

"Yummy, yummy, yummy, I got love in my tummy."

How about the best song of all....

"Why don't we do it in the road?" (Beatles White Album)

....No one will be watchin' us--- why don't we do it in the road?

How bout the band "1910 Fruit Gum Co." ,,,,
song..."2525"
" In the year 2525 if man is still alive,if woman can survive" etc.

Ya really wanna weaken some brain cells? YouTube "Run Joey Run", "Billy Dont Be a Hero" "The Night Chicago Died" and "Seasons In The Sun"...you might be able to find links to all of them on the same page!!!! Man...as much great music came out of the 70s...they had some real crap too, didnt they.....whats sad is I know the words to all those songs...if only I could delete all that from my memory and use the empty space for evil world domination!!

Sounds like the music on Pete's IPOD..the kids know and enjoy so many of these songs... How 'bout "Magic" by Pilot:

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so
It's magic, you know
Never believe, it's not so

Never been awake
Never seen a day break
Leaning on my pillow in the morning
Lazy day in bed
Music in my head
Crazy music playing in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

I love my sunny day
Dream of far away
Dreaming on my pillow in the morning
Never been awake
Never seen a day break
Leaning on my pillow in the morning light

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
It's magic, you know

reminds me of when I was a carefree 8 year old!!!:goodvibes

reminds me of when I was a carefree 8 year old!!!:goodvibes

I distinctly remember singing

Muskrat Suzy, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug in muskrat land
In the evening
Its pretty pleasing

and

Im on the
Top Of The World
Looking
Down on creation
and the only explanation I can find

and, what may be the most painful memory of my morning bus rides to school in 1st grade

Up...Up and waaaay
in my beautiful
my beautiful balloooooon

For the love of ABBA......these memories are embarrassing!!!:scared:

Didn't they have another song---Indian Reservation??? or something like that. I hate to date myself, but I'll probably have to pull out my old records and check out all their songs now.

Absolutely not!!! I know all their songs (I Think) and I just saw them in Branson.( That's where old music groups go to give their kids jobs) I still have the Twinkie Paul Revere (the original band member--not from "one if by land....hope I have my history right) threw into the audience.

If this had been music trivia and only the lyrics given, I would have gotten this one wrong. While I know that Paul Revere and the Raiders did it, my first exposure was a Hardcore Punk band called Il Repute and the name was Cherokee Nation.
You always remember your first, even if the second was doing it before them.:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

My brother, 8 yrs older than me....had a great .45 collection, that was one of my favorites in it. That and...

I dont like spiders and snakes
But that aint what it takes
to love me
Like I wanna be loved by you

which might possibly have been one of the stupidest songs ever written, but it was bouncy.

Of coarse "Convoy" and "The Streak" were right up there too.

Stupid ???? Maybe but, he did also did Wildwood Flower ( or weed ).. OK, maybe that doesn't help the case but, it seemed to touch so many.:smokin:

I distinctly remember singing

Muskrat Suzy, Muskrat Sam
Do the jitterbug in muskrat land
In the evening
Its pretty pleasing

and

Im on the
Top Of The World
Looking
Down on creation
and the only explanation I can find

and, what may be the most painful memory of my morning bus rides to school in 1st grade

Up...Up and waaaay
in my beautiful
my beautiful balloooooon

For the love of ABBA......these memories are embarrassing!!!:scared:

I loved the Capt and Tennille!!
What about

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of lovin' you is getting so exciting
Sky rockets in flight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight
Afternoon delight

and of course my all time favorite, Shawn Cassidy!!

1974 Seeburg STD160

Okay...I'm officially jealous!!! Has it been converted to CD's - or still original vinyl?

I grew up behind the Wurlitzer Juke Box plant in North Tonawanda, NY. The lobby had 10 or 12 different working juke boxes on display & one guard in particular would let us kids come in & have our own private dance party!! Ahhh....those were fun, care-free days!

My brother, 8 yrs older than me....had a great .45 collection, that was one of my favorites in it. That and...

I dont like spiders and snakes
But that aint what it takes
to love me
Like I wanna be loved by you

which might possibly have been one of the stupidest songs ever written, but it was bouncy.

Of coarse "Convoy" and "The Streak" were right up there too.

"My Ding-a-Ling" was right up there with stupid songs.

On another note.....

Jim Stafford used to perform on weekends at a bar on St. Armand's circle in Sarasota in the early 70's. We'd catch him as often as we could. The guy is an incredible entertainer, which is why we weren't surprised when he made it big. One of these days when I get some time and some $$$, I'd like to go to his dinner theatre in Branson.

Okay...I'm officially jealous!!! Has it been converted to CD's - or still original vinyl?

I grew up behind the Wurlitzer Juke Box plant in North Tonawanda, NY. The lobby had 10 or 12 different working juke boxes on display & one guard in particular would let us kids come in & have our own private dance party!! Ahhh....those were fun, care-free days!

OMG! Why on Earth would I convert it to CD? There is something about hearing the scratching of vinyl that makes it real to me. I was a little nervous in '04 when it had to sit in the heat for 29 days of no electricity, but it survived unharmed and all the computers went kaput, go figure...

My 4yr old knows what it means to sound like a broken record. Yes, I am very proud of that, thank you! ;)

My dad went and got "Little Black Egg" (had to get it from NYC) and put it in the Jukebox so he could listen to it when he comes by. I have it still on quarters and have yet to empty it. I plan to use the quarters to buy a toy when the box is full. It will most probably be another waverunner so we can have a pair. Every time I hear an old 70's or 80's tune that I haven't heard in a while, I go and put it in the jukebox and listen to it.

I got it off a guy in Orlando back in the late 1990's for 600 bucks. He was a pinball/jukebox repair guy and I really have never had a problem with it beyond replacing needles. I have regular maintenance, like getting in there and scrubbing it down with an eraser on contact points, but it is an awesome machine and I have always loved Seeburg jukeboxes.

I remember when we were kids there was a pizza joint that had a jukebox and it was the only time my mom would let us play this particular song that had a cuss word in it and say it out loud. The I-95 song. What a classic! It is in my jukebox. I don't play it for CJ though. He is not quite old enough yet.

It looks like this, minus the dollar bill changer on the left, I have changer as a separate part, but later realized the model I had didn't support the changer...

seeburg-STD160-Vogue.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter