MSNSSHP only for little kids?

persimmondeb

DIS Veteran
My DH has gotten this idea from somewhere.

Trying to figure out if it's more "for little kids" than MVMCP, or Magic Kingdom on any ordinary day.

I wanted to add that when we were there for the party, which was maybe 6 years ago, it was an even mix of young kids, mid, teens, college age, and adults.

It’s all ages. Halloween Parade, fireworks, lots of character meet and greets, candy stations instead of cookies that you get at Christmas parties, Hocus Pocus castle stage show. Plus you can wear a costume even if you’re an adult

Thanks! DH will not want to wear a costume, but he's generally in favor of things like parades.

I was having a hard time imagining he WOULDN'T like it, but he got that idea somewhere. I suspect he was figuring it was something like the trick or treat stations at Dorney Park or Hershey.

Honestly, I think it is geared AWAY from little kids just based on the time. Most little kids (under 10) do not stay up till 12 on a regular basis. At least not in this house! :-)

Even my grumpy 77 yr old husband had a blast - we competed to see who got the most candy 😁 -

Thanks! DH will not want to wear a costume, but he's generally in favor of things like parades.

I was having a hard time imagining he WOULDN'T like it, but he got that idea somewhere. I suspect he was figuring it was something like the trick or treat stations at Dorney Park or Hershey.
We are going this year and we are sure excited. I’d suggest have him watch one of the many YouTube videos on last years party. Also, for the record, I made out like a bandit at Hersey Park at the pass holders event at treatville. They were just handing out tons of candy to everyone including adults. First time I trick or treated in like 25 years.

Reasons to go :

CANDY, CANDY, CANDY. Adults normally not allowed to trick n treat
Character meet and greet
SUPER parade
"lower' wait fir rides
Do you mean “Adults actually get to trick or treat”? Not that MNSSHP discourages adults?

We’ve done the Oogie Boogie Bash at DLR every year, and it’s definitely fun for everyone. My daughter ONLY wants to trick or treat and see the characters so we keep her company and collect 3x the candy.

This year we’ll be in WDW for MNSSHP for the first time. Sure hope we can get tickets.

One year, I’m sure we’ll be able to take advantage of the shorter lines…

Definitely fun for adults. DW and I went to it last year and had a blast. It's fun to trick or treat as an adult, the parade and fireworks are very well done, you can get on some rides with lower wait times, and just a fun atmosphere with smaller crowds than a normal day. There are also lots of rare characters to meet if that's your thing. We didn't watch the Hocus Pocus show since we're not fans of that movie, but people seemed to enjoy it.

We didn't dress up but got such a kick out of seeing all the costumes. A lot of families really go all out with their costumes, both kids and adults. This year will be our 3yo granddaughter's first Disney trip. There will be 5 of us doing the party, really looking forward to it.

My husband and I went before we had kids - it was great fun! We dressed up (him as Gurgi, which the CMs loved as he'ssuch a little known character, me as Cheshire cat, which was hilarious as Piglet thought I was dressed up as him, got excited, then got sad when the CM told him 🤣).
The character meets were so much fun (like meeting the group of 4 Winnie the Pooh characters together dressed in their Halloween costumes).
The wait times for popular rides were very minimal (although this was over 10 years ago so not much whether that remains the same).
The parade was a lot of fun.
Unfortunately we missed the fireworks as my husband lost the car keys on Big Thunder - they fell out of his pocket! 😱 So we ended up having to wait in Guest Relations until after the Fireworks when all the lost property was returned. Thankfully the keys were there and we were literally the last people in the park!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter