Moonlight Magic is Back!

Cash rooms at any Disney owned & operated resort are eligible for the on-site booking advantage.

I assume cash reservations (in addition to DVC reservations) also had to be completed before midnight on Feb 20th to qualify?

That's how I read it, anyway.

Does the Feb 20 date reservation deadline refer to just Epcot event or for al MM dates ?

Does the Feb 20 date reservation deadline refer to just Epcot event or for al MM dates ?
Just Epcot. The deadline is in place because they export and send a list of the reservation #s with occupant counts to a third party that operates the event registration. There will be a similar cutoff for the other park MM events.

How did those do with bookings with mixed points from their frowned upon resale and preferred direct contracts? Get an email? I would hope that would still qualify for these events.

I have a reservation with mixed points. Received the email and was able to reserve spots for an Epcot event.

Does anyone else think it’s wrong that direct members can’t book if they use their resale points but can book if they stay as cash guests? It didn’t affect me, but that doesn’t seem right…..

Yes. It's nonsensical. However wasn't quite correct either per a few reports. What the registration system didn't seem to conceive was a room reservation made under one non-qualified membership where the member also had a qualified membership (blue card). If a member was qualified but had booked using unqualified resale points that were in the same membership they were able to reserve. That IMO works along the lines of having a cash room and being able to book.

Last edited:
I think this was if you had the same UY for your direct and resale points. System can’t determine which points were used because how could it.

The system does recognize the difference in points. For example if I select Riviera it excludes me being able to use a newer resale contract.

Yes. It's nonsensical. However wasn't quite correct either per a few reports. What the registration system didn't seem to conceive was a room reservation made under one non-qualified membership where the member also had a qualified membership (blue card). If a member was qualified but had booked using unqualified resale points that were in the same membership they were able to reserve. That IMO works along the lines of having a cash room and being able to book.
So - in your opinion - for the HS MM event - if my reservation was made under my blue card membership # with grandfathered (bought in 2010) resale points (rest of my contracts in that membership are direct), I should be ok? (Baring any IT glitches)?

So - in your opinion - for the HS MM event - if my reservation was made under my blue card membership # with grandfathered (bought in 2010) resale points (rest of my contracts in that membership are direct), I should be ok? (Baring any IT glitches)?

Yes, barring any DVC IT changes or glitches.

For myself, depending on which reservation they considered because I move on March 31st my mix of points used were either direct, grandfathered and non-grandfathered resale on the room I check out of on the 31st or direct and non-grandfathered resale on the room I'm checking into.

The discussion of direct vs resale points is interesting. For those who want theirs heads to explode, it makes a difference when the resale points were obtained. Points are subject to the terms and conditions in place at the time an interest in DVC is obtained. I bought my points in 2005. At that time, there was no differentiation between direct and resale points. In all respects my points are the same as someone who bought direct from Disney. Since that time, the terms and conditions have changed and become more restrictive.

I just realized that we passed the 2/22 date for when the registration email was supposed to be sent. I have a reservation during one of the July Moonlight Magic dates, but I haven't received anything.

Has anyone received the email, or are they running late?

I just realized that we passed the 2/22 date for when the registration email was supposed to be sent. I have a reservation during one of the July Moonlight Magic dates, but I haven't received anything.

Has anyone received the email, or are they running late?

Um... a quick look back at the previous pages suggests that they skipped me! What's going on??? This is the first time that a trip has coincided with Moonlight Magic, and the whole family was very excited!

Um... a quick look back at the previous pages suggests that they skipped me! What's going on??? This is the first time that a trip has coincided with Moonlight Magic, and the whole family was very excited!

The registration was only for the March events at EPCOT. Registration emails for June haven't gone out yet. You are good!

Does anyone know what time you can start trying to book Epcot MM on the 8th? TIA.

Thanks so much!!! I think it was around 8 am in 2020 and then you'd have to get into the virtual queue, but honestly now it's such a long time ago, I can't really remember.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter