MLK week: Best Day for Magic Kingdom?

piasalady

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at Disney Workd Jan 18-22, 2020. I am wondering how crazy Magic Kingdom gets on MLK Day? We are definitely doing Hollywood Studios on Saturday because we will only have a partial day and are really only interested in SWGE. I am trying to figure out the best days for the other 3 parks as we have never been to Disney at this time of year. We do not have park hoppers. Any thoughts?

I was there this past MLK week and have been there that week many times. The last several years it has become increasingly more crowded. The parks were VERY crowded on the weekend and the traffic around Disney Springs was at a standstill on Saturday night. I would say try MK on Tuesday, hopefully it will thin out. EPCOT is a little busy on the weekend because it's the start of the Festival of the Arts and attracts a lot of locals. Also, be prepared... last year it was in the high 30's-low 40's for a couple of days. Weather that time of year is unpredictable.

My husband and I are going down Thursday night - Monday morning. I am nervous at how crowded it could be, but I'd rather be at Disney on a crowded day in January than at home! We will be at Hollywood Studios on Saturday too! I use the crowd calendar on Undercover Tourist's site to kind of help gauge park days. According to that, Sunday the 19th would be a good MK day but Tuesday the 21st would be better. Hope that helps. Enjoy!! :flower1:

I would be grateful for a followup report on crowds from you all next week!

We'll be there 20-24. Hoping for low crowds Tuesday - Thursday so we can get on RotR!

So, we were there from the 18th to the 22nd. I would say the crowd levels were pretty high. It was not as bad as Spring Break (we went on Easter weekend one year), but definitely felt crowded. We purposely went to MK on Tuesday figuring it would be less crowded but it was packed that day. We went to Epcot on MLK day and it was the most crowded that we have ever seen of all the times we have been there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter