Mission Space?

Originally posted by meganbear
I am on meds for high blood pressure---so should I not ride MS??? :confused:

My advice is absolutely not. I have HBP went on anyway and really truely thought I would not live through it and I was in seriously bad shape for several hours afterward. It really spikes blood pressure and they warn you not to ride it. I suggest you heed that advice.

The non-stop warning about motion sickness make you more nervous than you should be. This ride is tame even by Disney Standards. I was seriously disappointed by MS, give me ToT instead. MS is only good at the begining when you fell the G-forces. Epcot IMHO still needs to put in more thrill rides to capture my Generation.

Don't go to Ecot just to ride MS.

For what it is worth, I have always felt sick after riding Body Wars. (I don't do well with blood, and I think overthink the fact I am in the blood stream :)!) I don't like TOT, as I don't care for big drops. I ride and enjoy the RNR, but find it a bit rough compared to other similar coasters. (I.e. Your head gets banged around a lot, and personally, I don't like the loud music blaring in my hears.)

I like MS. I have never felt ill after riding. I do follow the "rules"--look ahead, etc. If anything, I wish they would make it a little more exciting.

When we went last December I rode MS. I thought it was a good ride, but not one of my favorites. The first time I got in line to ride it. after listening to all of the comments on the board, I had worked my stomach into knots before even getting on the ride. I ended up feeling "off" for about 4 hours afterwards.
Several days later I decided to try it again (wondering if I was crazy for putting my self through it again). I forced myself to remain calm, stare at the screen, ignored all the working of if you are prone to motion sickness, etc. I handled it just fine. I actually felt better than I do after riding Body Wars or Star Tours (They make me feel a little "Off" to but only for 10 or 15 min. at the most).
So I would recommend if you are going to ride it try not to think about if you will get sick or not. I think it is a ride you should try to ride at least once or twice. At this point I would ride the ride again maybe not every trip but more frequently than body wars.

Jeremy

I am nervous now about riding it since I have high blood pressure. I think I might pass on it just to be on safe side.

Originally posted by goofyernmost
[BI am 56 years old and had absolutely NO reaction at all except for this slight facial tic and incontinence. JUST KIDDING!! Great ride. Well done, Disney!

:teeth: [/B]

LOL!!! :teeth:

And I followed directions, looking forward, eyes open etc. And of the 4 people that were on it together only 2 could manage to push their buttons without the computer override. Again, I generally do not feel sick on rides, but this one got me. But, I am willing to try again just to see if it was a fluke due to my lack of sleep.

My daughter before ever seeing this ride told me there were "BARF" bags on this ride. I told her she was mistaken, because folks I asked told me there were not. I had to rescind my comment to her, when I got home and told her I saw them with my very own eyes.

smiles Patty

princess: princess: princess:

We have six in our family, (me, DH, DDs 14, 12, 7, 8) we were all going on even after hearing over and over and over about the motionsickness. I took a dramamine just in case.

Well, we go to get on the ride and in one of the capsules we were going to get into was a grown man sitting in his own vomit!Well, that's where we lost my DD7! DH took her out and decided to go on at another time. DD 14 and DD 12 LOVED it and went on again on another day with DDH. DD8 will not be going on again! I am glad that I went on once, but will not go on again.

All I can say is thank god it's not a "round trip". I was more than ready for the ride to end at Mars and get out!

The exit is a fun place to people watch, some people are so dizzy and out of sorts, it's kinda funny! (I'm being bad, sorry!!)
:earseek: :hyper:

I think everyone should try it. Don't worry about getting sick. I can't usually drive more than 20-40 minutes without stopping the car for 2 carsick kids to throw-up! And my sister is even worse than them. We all rode MS and loved it! I'm the only one out of 7 of us that got sick. Even my 4 year old loved it. It was really really cool! I have to say I did pick up a barf bag! But not 'til the end! And I didn't use it! The sickness only lasted a few minutes, litterally, and was worth it!

Hopefully Not EVeryone will take your advice, believe me there are people who should NOT try this ride, once can be too many times if you have certain problems. I hope that people who have concerns will listen to that little inner voice and not ride this ride.

Originally posted by meganbear
I am on meds for high blood pressure---so should I not ride MS??? :confused:

I guess it just goes to prove that everyone has a different reaction to MS. I have been on BP medicine for years. I never even noticed the sign saying not to ride it, but then again I never do. I figure once my BP is regulated to normal, then I am no different than someone that doesn't take meds for it. Anyway, and this is in no way my trying to encourage, it's just that, I had no ill effects at all.

:crowded: :crazy2: :upsidedow :faint: :headache: :scratchin :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter