Mike' Make Over Madness!

Thank you so much everyone! Good to know that there are people paying attention to this thing. lol. :happytv:

Pushed myself pretty hard at the gym yesterday and was already sore, so I am def paying for it today. Will probably take it easy on the treadmill tonight and focus on water aerobics. Just found out that I have completed over 10 miles of walking so far in March!! How amazing is that??? Picking up some good habits now too, now instead of driving around to find a good parking space I purposely look for the spot furthest from the door. Leaves me a bit wiped out by the time I leave Walmart, but it's good! hehe

My trainer/friend is coming to the gym with me Thursday so that he can help me get started incorporating the weight lifting into my training. I am actually very excited about it! I will of course let you all know how it goes. :)

Back to work for me. Have a great day!!
Mike

Good morning all!!

Hi Tracy! - Last night's workout did not go the best as I forgot my house keys at work and had to wait for one of my roommates to get home to get in the house. We're talking hours. Boo! I ended up missing the water aerobics class but ended up doing my own mini-version, so I could at least do something. I definitely made the right choice resting my knee and ankle yesterday as they feel 100% better today. So it will be back to the treadmill today!!

Quick note from the grocery store yesterday... I had gone to grab a birthday gift for my cousin/boss and while there decided to grab some portabella mushrooms for tonight's dinner. On my way to the Hallmark aisle I passed a huge display of Easter Candy, a total weakness of mine. I have such fond memories of rifling through the green plastic grass in my Easter basket hoping to find more malted milk eggs or my favorite black jelly beans. So I stopped to browse. Why, who knows? I saw a big display of single Reese's PB Easter Eggs and impulsively grabbed one. My first thought was I would love to have one at dinner some night soon, which is when I can have something more carby. I tossed it in my basket and walked away. Then as I thought about it, I was like, "Is this what I want to 'spend' my carbs on or would I rather have some fruit, or a potato, or something more satisfying?" I put it back. I just realized that there are better things I can put in my body and if I want to have something chocolate, there are much better, higher quality choices I can make, that even have some good health benefits, like a nice dark chocolate. Felt like a little victory. :cheer2:

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Mike :3dglasses

A little victory?!?!? :eek: I would say putting Reese Peanut Butter Eggs back is a HUGE victory!:thumbsup2 I'm not big on sweets (more of a Doritos girl myself), but that is one candy I absolutely love and eat way too much of. :blush: Way to go, Mike, for thinking the decision through and for making such a great choice!:cheer2:

Tonight is weight lifting, right? Hope it goes well for you!:goodvibes

Have a great Friday Eve! :sunny:

Good morning all!

Yes Tracy, thanks for remembering, I do indeed get the weights started today, or at least get oriented to what machines/benches/bars I will be using. I am excited! Not so excited about having to work tonight. lol

Excellent new find! Bought a NordicWare Microwave Egg Sandwich Cooker at Walmart last weekend for like $3. Used it for the first time today. I had some leftover sausage and spinach from last nights dinner, added some mushrooms and a beaten egg, nuked for 45secs and it created a wonderfully fluffy little omelet. I will definitely be using it again soon!

Busy day at job #1, then off to the gym with my "trainer," home for a quick dinner (possibly cabbage and eggs, yum! lol) and then off to job #2. Looking forward to just getting through today. I have a few fun projects planned for tomorrow and then Saturday is St. Patrick's Day, which is surely to be a challenge diet wise! But I know it's coming so I will do my best to adapt and face the consequences. lol. :shamrock::drinking1:shamrock:

Have a great Thursday everyone!
Mike

Hooray for you! You are in charge, man! It is awesome to see your strength and perseverance. It is these seemingly small decisions which are HUGE!

Thanks Carolynn and good morning all!

Had a good time at the gym yesterday with my friend/trainer. We didn't do an actual work out per se, we just went over every exercise he has set up for me and I practiced them for a few reps so he could correct my form, etc. We were there though for almost two hours, I was pretty tuckered out by the end. He was happy. lol. I'll start incorporating the weights next week as I enter my second month of working out, has it been that long already?? I'll start with adding two days of weights in addition to my cardio, the up it to three days in a few weeks. I know it will mean some pain, but it's a good pain!

Busy weekend ahead but luckily most of it will be St Patrick's Day fun! Have a great weekend all!

Mike

Hey Mike!! Sorry, I've been MIA, down with the tummy bug. UGH!!

Congrats on the victory over the evil PB eggs!!! That is awesome!

Weights sound great. I'm glad your friend is helping you, excellent support system.

Have a great weekend!! We are staying home to recover. LOL

Hi all!!

Buffy - Thank you! Hope you're still recovering!!

Recovering from this weekend myself. I was far from perfect on Saturday when celebrating St Patrick's day and definitely am feeling the effects this week. This week's weigh in was ok, definitely impacted by St. Pat's and a definite need to up my fiber intake (if you get the picture!). Down 2lbs. Not bad. Not great for still being a month in, but not bad overall. I will gladly take it!

This was my week four weight, so let's look at the month that has passed... in a month I have lost 21lbs and 15.25in from my body!! Not too shabby!! :-)

Today my challenge is resisting the zeppoles that are everywhere for St. Joseph's Day!! If you do not know what a zeppole is, I envy you. haha

Let's make this a great week people!!
Mike

21 pounds in a month?!? THAT IS AMAZING! You did that! Way to go.

Keep on just keeping on.

Glad to be home. Glad that the kids are heading to school this morning so I can have some peace and quiet for a wee bit.

And yes, I have no idea what a zeppole is. I did turn down chocolate cake last night. I was proud of that!

Thanks Carolynn! Good job resisting that cake!!

Zeppoles are a custard/cream filled pastry produced for the celebration of St. Joseph's Day. They are dastardly delicious!

It is all anyone around here is talking about today!!! I may have to strangle someone by day's end. lol

Just came across your journal, and I am SO impressed! Congratulations on your progress so far, and keep it up!

No zeppoles!!! You have to pick St Patrick or St Joseph and you picked Patrick!!
I'm sure the kids will be getting zeppoles at school today, and I'll hear all about it. LOL

2 pounds is good! And you enjoyed the weekend, that's what matters. But today is Monday, a new week and back on plan.

So what's on tap for workouts this week?
How is the job hunting going?

Today is a good day here, all the kids are healthy again, I'm healthy, DH, eh, not so much but he's getting better.
Today I run errands, call the othropedist for DS11 (broke his elbow over the weekend) and start deep cleaning the house. Thankfully the weather is going to cooperate so I can open windows!

OK gonna jet, I hope everyone has a fantastic day!

Bikefan - Thank you so much!

Buffy - Glad everyone is on the mend! As for my job search, not much moving in that area sadly. Hope is still alive. Here's my workout schedule for the week...

Monday - Treadmill
Tuesday - Treadmill/Water Aerobics
Wednesday - Weights
Thursday - Treadmill
Friday - Weights/Pool
Saturday - Treadmill/Pool
Sunday - Rest!

I have to admit... I have never heard of zeppoles before. :blush: I just Googled them and they look like they are delicious! :goodvibes

Congratulations on 21 pounds down and 15.25 inches lost! :cheer2:

Your workout schedule for the week looks good. :thumbsup2

Have a great day today!:goodvibes

Hi all!

Sorry I was absent for a day. Been having so much trouble getting on to this site the past few days. I had read there were some tech problems going on and I guess I was on the receiving end for the past few days. lol

Things are pretty good. Went a bit overboard with the walking on Sunday and Monday, and paid for it so I just did some pool jogging and water aerobics yesterday. Helped a lot. Today was my first lifting day and it went really well. I am sore already and am sure I will be more so in the morning! lol. If I can lift my arms to type tomorrow I will let you all know how I am doing. haha.

Have a great night all!!
Mike

Hi all,

Well I survived my first real weight lifting session and wasn't too sore yesterday at all. Been a crazy busy week though. I feel like my to do list gets longer by the day and no matter how much I get done, it's longer still.

Last night I had to host trivia at a college event. I have done it before and it hasn't been a blip on my radar, except this was my first time doing it while back on plan. I had forgotten how food focus events targeted at college students were!! In a two hour span I was offered soda, pizza, meatball and Italian cold cut sub sandwiches, boneless breaded buffalo chicken tenders, handmade milkshakes, chocolate cake and Cheesecake Factory peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough cheesecake!! Oy!! I resisted though. Even when they offered me half the cheesecake to take home! I even considered wrapping up a small piece to take home but I knew it was way too much of a temptation to even bring into the house.

Big day at the gym today, lifting and walking. The guy running the 100 Mile March challenge has thrown down the gauntlet for me to finally hit two miles today. Hope it goes well! Figure my whole body will feel like jelly come evening! :crutches:

Happy Friday and have a great weekend all!! I will try to check in if I can move at all tomorrow! lol :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Mike

I'm right there with you, Mike. I haven't been able to get on the DIS the past few days. Pages are loading very slowly for me. Sometimes, they don't load at all. Hopefully, the tech issues will get resolved soon. :surfweb: I've got some Disney planning to do! ;)

Way to go on resisting all of that food at trivia night!:thumbsup2

I'm glad that the weight lifting is going well for you. :goodvibes

No worries on the 2 miles on the treadmill. I know you CAN do it!:cheer2:

Have a great Friday!:goodvibes

That was amazing restraint, Mike!

Oh, and good morning.

Glad to hear the weights were ok for you - another thing you know you can do! :banana:

Enjoy that jelly feeling: it means you did awesome.

Thanks for the nice comments on my page. Feeling real low these last few days. The support is helpful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter