• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

Waiting out those daytime shows in the middle of summer is brutal. You guys should've earned a free ice cream or something for sticking around in that awful heat/humidity!

I've never seen the Friendship Faire show before, but it looked cute. Love Tiana's flapper dress!

29160743677_a04c0f272b_z.jpg

I LOVE this one, but...

Major costuming fail on that guy!

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

Finally after what felt like forever in that hot Florida sun the parade arrived! I do love this parade although the dragon was sadly missed.

I think the Peter Pan float is my favourite in this parade.

After the parade Mom and I made a hasty retreat into the sweet relief of the Main Street Emporium air conditioning. What bliss!

I don't think I will ever again watch the parade in the summer. It is just too hot to be standing around in.

Of course, it was super crowded in there because pretty much everybody else had the same idea.

While passing through one of the breezeways between the adult clothing section and the kids clothing section I saw a lady passed out on the ground. She had a few family members crouched around her but no Disney employees to be seen. Just looking at her I could tell that she needed help. It was amazing to me that so many people were just strolling by as though it was a totally normal thing for a woman to be passed out on the floor of the emporium. :confused3 I asked the family if anybody had gone to seek assistance and they just looked stunned by the situation so I went and informed the closest cast member that the first aid team/paramedics were needed and told her the situation. She looked a bit panicked but she called for help and soon after a flock of Disney people started arriving. My guess is that she was probably a victim of the heat and suffering heat stroke considering how hot it was and the fact that the parade had just finished but I did not get on the floor and do a proper assessment, could have been anything. Since the Disney team was arriving Mom urged me to move on. I did feel bad leaving but realistically there wasn't much more I could do since the first aid team was there. Hope she was okay and did not end up needing to be transported to the hospital. Assuming it was due to the heat it just really goes to show that you need to take care of yourself in the Florida heat. Stay hydrated and cool off when possible!

Mom and I continued our wanderings through the store until we were sufficiently cooled off and then we made our way back to Fantasyland. After using our Buzz fastpass earlier I had booked a fourth fastpass for Ariel's Grotto since we had skipped over it earlier due to the long line.

There was a photographer outside Voyage of the Little Mermaid so we had to stop.

He posed us for a magic shot and it was really awkward! The way he had me hold my hand and crane my neck was really uncomfortable! I also look like a doofus in the photo. :laughing:

A minute later it was time for another photopass stop! This time outside Beast's Castle.

This was a much more natural pose for Mom. Why couldn't I have been posed like that for Sebastian? :laughing:

We decided to go see Enchanted Tales with Belle since it was close and you know, air conditioning!

As we were entering the cast member told me I couldn't take my cup of water in. Okay... There was no garbage can to be seen though and she was letting me proceed so I thought maybe there would be one in the next room, nope. Well, that cup of water stayed with me through the whole show as there never ended up being anywhere to dispose of it. I felt like I had contraband on me the whole time holding that cup of water. :laughing: Really though, if they don't want drinks in the show there should be somewhere to get rid of them. :confused3

The show was cute as always although I am sure it is much more enjoyable if you have a kid or family member who is actually participating in it.

When we exited everybody came to a halt as it was pouring rain. We all stood there for a minute or two until it slowed down a bit and then we made a break for it.

It was just a light rain at this point and not enough for us to put on ponchos.

We made our way over to Philharmagic, another favourite of mine. I was surprised there were not more people there considering the heat and the rain.

After the show we meandered through the Fantasyland gift shops and ended up taking shelter in the Winnie the Pooh shop when it started pouring again. I saw a shirt in Sir Mickey's that I really wished I had bought for Alek! It was like the ones you buy after going on a crazy roller coaster but this one said "I survived Small World". I took a picture of it and sent it to Alek and he said "Best shirt ever!". I had intended to go back and get it but I completely forgot about about it.

At this point we didn't want to leave Fantasyland as our ADR time was approaching but the lines for everything were all too long to wait in. We were also just feeling kind of tired and lacking in energy. So once the rain settled again we just went and sat at one of the outdoor tables at Pinocchio's and rested our feet, drank some water, and posted some photos on Facebook/Instagram and messaged my brothers.

Up Next: Dinner at Be Our Guest

Great parade pictures. I do like the parades but quite often skip them as I have seen them all.

I have seen people I thought were in distress now and again and try and alert a cast member. Usually they respond very quickly. Having taken quite a few summer trips we always had a plan. We bring empty water bottles from home and keep them filled and alternate between hot and cold attractions. If we are in a line outside we always go to something that has air conditioning next. My one daughter is prone to heat issues and we never had a problem with her. Now that I can travel at will I try and pick slightly cooler months.

I do like the parades but quite often skip them as I have seen them all.

Yes, I can see myself skipping in the future, especially if it is hot out!

Having taken quite a few summer trips we always had a plan. We bring empty water bottles from home and keep them filled and alternate between hot and cold attractions. If we are in a line outside we always go to something that has air conditioning next.

Smart!

I have always wondered how many guests suffer from heat related medical emergencies. I'm glad you got someone to call for help- timeliness is so important at those times.

You got some fantastic close-ups! Nice work!!

I have always wondered how many guests suffer from heat related medical emergencies.

When I got back from WDW this past trip I was curious so I looked up "WDW nurses" and there was actually a current job posting. They have nurses in every park. Might be an interesting job although I think the majority of what they deal with is 1) heat related illness 2)illness from eating too much garbage/motion sickness on the rides 3)falls and other minor injuries 4)dehydration 5)a few major incidents - stroke, heart attack etc.

I don't think I would have the patience to treat too many funnel cake induced illnesses. :laughing:

It was nice to sit down in the air conditioning for awhile as it was another scorcher of a day! Unfortunately, my pizza tasted like cardboard, not good.

Ugh, so frustrating! Pizza should be an easy thing to do well!

I know many people do not care for Small World but I love it!

It's a classic!

Next up Mom suggested we ride the Peoplemover. Great idea Mom!

Always an excellent idea

So prettyyyyy

What a cute pose!

Tiana is too cute for words

So sweet! And lol at those bald caps

The most adorable sisters

I think the Peter Pan float is my favourite in this parade.

It is really good, it's just so tall it's hard to see Peter and Wendy!

There was a photographer outside Voyage of the Little Mermaid so we had to stop.

That's one of the best PP spots!

Parades in the summer are brutal for everyone...the guests that have to sit and wait for the show and the performers who have to work under that terrible FL sun!
That poor woman in the Emporium; good on you for finding a CM and getting her the help she needed!

Great parade photos!

Wow, what a scary situation in the gift shop! The heat really can be so dangerous :( That was great of you to go and get help. I'm sure the family was just in shock at the moment.

Cute PP pics!

Ugh, so frustrating! Pizza should be an easy thing to do well!

I agree! I doubt I will be eating there again.

Parades in the summer are brutal for everyone...the guests that have to sit and wait for the show and the performers who have to work under that terrible FL sun!
That poor woman in the Emporium; good on you for finding a CM and getting her the help she needed!

I know, I feel so bad for the performers, they must be dying, especially the non-face characters.

Wow, what a scary situation in the gift shop! The heat really can be so dangerous :( That was great of you to go and get help. I'm sure the family was just in shock at the moment.

Yes, a scary situation to be in anywhere but especially when on vacation. Can't imagine somebody in the family becoming seriously ill while on vacation.

The summer heat is brutal to me too. I can't imagine how it must have been for you all since you are from much farther north than me. :)

The summer heat is brutal to me too. I can't imagine how it must have been for you all since you are from much farther north than me. :)

Oh, it gets pretty hot and humid here - was 40C with humidity the other day (104F). It is just that when it gets that hot here we are inside not walking around in a theme park. :laughing:

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

When I last left off Mom and I were sheltering from the light rain showers and resting our feet over at the Pinocchio's patio. We had a 6:45 dinner reservation at Be Our Guest so we made our way over there around 6:30 and checked in.

We were really lucky to have this reservation. There had been none available when I booked the trip as it was under the six month mark. Luckily due to persistence and a handy reservation finder tool we were able to land a dinner reservation. Originally the reservation was for 9:30pm but with frequent checking leading up to the trip I was able to modify it to 6:45 which is a much better time for dinner.

We had eaten here for lunch on our previous trip but I really wanted to try dinner before the menu changed to the Prix Fixe.

When we checked in I requested a table in the ballroom. The West Wing is well themed but it is so dark in there and I did not want to eat in the dark. The rose gallery just doesn't interest me and let's be honest, the ballroom is stunning and is one of the main draws of the restaurant.

Luckily my request was granted and we got a table in the ballroom.

After placing our order I got up and took a few pictures around the restaurant.

When I came back to the table they had just brought out our bread course. It was so yummy! Nice and fresh and the bread had a good crisp. The butter was really nice and well salted.

While we ate the Beast walked through the ballroom a few times making his way from the West Wing over to the study (room where you place your order during lunch).

We both really enjoyed our entrees. I especially enjoyed mine!

I had the grilled strip steak which came with garlic-herb butter, green beans and fries.

Everything on that plate was delicious and I was so sad to see it did not make it to the new menu for the Prix Fixe dinner.

Mom ordered a seafood pasta dish which she said was also very good.

I was pretty full after my steak but when they wheeled the dessert cart over I had to get the Grey Stuff!

Mom behaved and opted to skip dessert. No fun!

After dinner we made our way over to meet the Beast. There was only one family ahead of us so we barely had a wait. There is a photopass photographer there which is great!

I was so happy with how our dinner at Be Our Guest turned out. I am going to be keeping track of reviews for the new dinner to see if it is something we want to try for on our next trip.

When we left dinner it looked like it had just stopped raining and there was a beautiful rainbow over the Magic Kingdom which we got to enjoy as we made our way towards the castle to find a spot for Happily Ever After..

I am glad you had a nice dinner at BoG, it is such a lovely place and the Beast is a gentleman!

The food looks really good. We have had dinner twice before the menu change and really enjoyed it.

I loved BOG for dinner the time I went to it. My niece is going there Sunday. I am curious to hear what she says about the new menu. (although I will take it with a grain of salt because she is a very picky eater)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter