• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Meet me at the Snuggly Duckling! A June 2018 TR. UPDATED 3/8

Really enjoying your report! Looks like it was a great trip. Your pictures are awesome too. We are taking our grandson in a couple of weeks for his third birthday. It has been 20 years since we have been to WDW and we can hardly wait. :earsgirl:

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

After Seven Dwarves Mine Train it was 11:02 and we decided to go grab some lunch and beat the lunch crowds since we had already accomplished quite a bit for the first two hours of the park being open (Peter Pan, four princesses, Winnie the Pooh, Gaston, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Seven Dwarves).

Since we were in Fantasyland we decided to just go grab lunch at Pinocchio's.

I decided to get a pepperoni flatbread and the blue raspberry slushie, a favourite of the blue fairy!

Mom went for the chicken nuggets.

We always try and eat next to the windows that look out over Small World when we eat here but they were all occupied.

It was nice to sit down in the air conditioning for awhile as it was another scorcher of a day! Unfortunately, my pizza tasted like cardboard, not good. I've had flatbread there in the past and it was always decent enough but this time it was flavourless. At least it filled my stomach.

Since we had been staring at Small World while we ate we decided that would be our next stop. While in line I had success modifying our next fastpass which was for Buzz Lightyear (was originally booked for 3:50) so that we could hop right over to it after we finished with Small World.

We waited in line for about 30 minutes which is the longest we have ever had to wait for Small World. It was a very busy day though and I was unwilling to drop the Buzz fastpass to get a Small World one as the line for Buzz and pretty much everything else was MUCH longer.

To pass the time I made mom take selfies with me. This is the only decent one. :laughing:

I know many people do not care for Small World but I love it! It is so colourful and I love the displays representing people and cultures from around the world and it sends a great message.

It was now time to leave Fantasyland for a bit and head down to Tomorrowland, we had a date with Buzz!

Tomorrowland was packed!! Good thing we had our fastpass!

I am not going to show you our scores as they are just embarrassing but that is not the point, we had fun and that is what is important!

Next up Mom suggested we ride the Peoplemover. Great idea Mom!

Space Mountain must break down a lot as every time we ride the Peoplemover the lights are on inside. What are the odds?

Next up was a classic and a favourite, Carousel of Progress!

I feel this is an unappreciated and overlooked attraction. Much like Spaceship Earth I love the journey it takes us on through human advancement. The song is catchy too! "There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of every day!" It also helps that it is air conditioned and you get to sit down!

After our time travelling we started to make our way over to the hub by way of the Tomorrowland Terrace where I, of course, had to get pictures with the purple wall much to mom's delight. :laughing:

Yes, I am aware I look one legged in this photo, my dress was too long for the photo. :laughing:

What a beautiful day!

Last edited:
Enjoying your reporting :). Mine Train is absolutely my favorite ride in Magic Kingdom (Soarin' is my favorite in Epcot!). I love the theme, and I can't do most coasters because I get bad motion sickness/headaches, but I can handle this one :).

Good top picks!

I hear you on the motion sickness! I have noticed that I am starting to become intolerant of roller coasters. At Cedar Point last summer I spent much of the day feeling sick to my stomach but I'm not sure if that was from the coasters or the greasy McDonald's breakfast I had that day. I would be so sad if it turns out I can't do coasters anymore as I love them. If that is the case though at least I know Disney will have my back with fun ones like Mine Train that I will still be able to do.

Really enjoying your report! Looks like it was a great trip. Your pictures are awesome too. We are taking our grandson in a couple of weeks for his third birthday. It has been 20 years since we have been to WDW and we can hardly wait. :earsgirl:

WOW! Returning after 20 years! I hope you have an amazing trip with your grandson!

Found your TR while checking on mine. I don't get over here as often as I once did. It's nice that you and your mother get along together on trips. I just came back from Scotland with my mom and it was a whiskey and beer for me to stay sane type of trip. There was a fire alarm one night and my mother stopped to get dressed before she would leave the room. I much prefer traveling with a friend I met here years ago. She was a former Focker - LazyDoxie66. We may be heading down to Disney next year.

I thought of adding a few ADR's for my upcoming trip, Garden Grill being one of them, but as I am traveling solo I think I'll stick to QS meals. That would be way to much food for one person and I would try to hard to eat it all so that it didn't go to waste. I missed exploring Stave Church on the big family trip so I will have to explore it in October. My grandson has discovered mythology so he'll enjoy pics from there.

Looking forward to the rest of the report as I always enjoy them.

We had a beautiful sunset as we were making our way out of the park.
Gorgeous!

We had an early start and a long day ahead of us the next day so we fell asleep soon after getting back to the room. One thing I can say about this trip is I slept very well! I'm not usually a great sleeper when away from home but I slept like a log on this trip. Mom said I would fall asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.
Nothing better than a great sleep after the end of a busy day!

Some may think we are crazy to be there so early but I wanted to beat the rope drop crowds! This early arrival also allowed us to enjoy our stroll down Main Street.
So perfect!

Smile Mom! You are at the Magic Kingdom!
The best place in the world!

The interaction with Rapunzel was great! We talked about adventures so I told her about my adventure trying to visit her kingdom and how I had been led astray by an evil troll and ended up in Cinderella's kingdom instead. :laughing:
Haha! I love it! On a side note, as I was walking in to the grocery store tonight there was a little girl dressed as Rapunzel and I said to her "Hello Princess Rapunzel, how are you tonight?" She just beamed, it was so cute!

Gaston was hilarious as always. Mom went up first and I am a bad trip reporter and have no idea what they discussed and I made no notes. :sad2: You can tell she was enjoying herself though!
Looks like so much fun!

Next it was my turn and he walked over to me and I said hello and he responded with "Well, hello there" in his lecherous drawl. :laughing: So I then said hello again! :scratchin His response was "you already said that but I can see you are stunned by my presence". :blush:
That's hilarious!

My mom and I did not view our time on Little Mermaid as a waste and very much enjoyed it. I am revealing my age but Little Mermaid is the first movie I remember going to see in the theatres as a child and was a childhood favourite and still is a favourite actually.
I have never seen Little Mermaid but am going on it next week for sure!

I decided to get a pepperoni flatbread and the blue raspberry slushie, a favourite of the blue fairy!
Since the Blue Fairy is my favourite, I think I need to try this slushie!

I know many people do not care for Small World but I love it! It is so colourful and I love the displays representing people and cultures from around the world and it sends a great message.
I feel the same way. I resisted going on IASW for several trips but now it is a favourite!

Next up Mom suggested we ride the Peoplemover. Great idea Mom!
My abslute love!

I feel this is an unappreciated and overlooked attraction
CoP is awesome on so many levels.

What a beautiful day!
Perfect!

On a side note, I am a fellow Canadian. I grew up in PEI and currently live about an hour northeast of Toronto.

I know the blue raspberry slushie is terrible for you, but I get one every trip! There's something about drinking something icy and sugary on a hot FL day that can so refreshing. Sorry the flatbread was bad, though. That's disappointing.

Wow, 30 minutes for Small World. Guess lots of people had the same idea as you that afternoon.

How crazy that Space Mtn was down..again!

I seriuosly debated not sharing the photos of me from this breakfast as I look terrible in all of them but I decided to suck it up.

We loved this breakfast! The food was delicious and the characters were great. I enjoyed that it was not a buffet like most character meals. I highly recommend this meal.

I am loving your review! We will be doing the Bon Voyage breakfast for the first time on our trip this Fall and we are so excited!! My daughter has been in love with Eugene for almost 2 years, so I'm especially excited for that meet.

I'm glad you did share the pictures! We are always our own worst critics. But I hear you on the angle... my mom did that on our last trip (sitting down while we were standing up for character meets at meals) and I didn't like those pictures either.

As you can tell from this post, we LOVED Garden Grill! The food was delicious and the characters were great. We were so surprised when we got to see them a second time. It was also a nice surprise that we got seated 25 minutes before our ADR time. This allowed us to make it out of there just in time for rope drop. Initially I had been disappointed I couldn't land an 0805 reservation but it turns out it didn't matter.

We did a pre-park opening Garden Grill reservation on our last trip and loved it!! I'm actually kind of regretting not building it into our next trip too. It took us a whole lot longer to eat there (we had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us), but they let us onto Soarin' before the park opened, which was really nice.

I much prefer traveling with a friend I met here years ago. She was a former Focker - LazyDoxie66. We may be heading down to Disney next year.

Oh yes, I remember Kristal. Hope she is doing well! That is so nice that you guys have formed such a friendship!

I thought of adding a few ADR's for my upcoming trip, Garden Grill being one of them, but as I am traveling solo I think I'll stick to QS meals.

Yes, Garden Grill would probably be a bit much as a solo traveller. I think I would feel weird eating table service by myself but I know lots of solo travellers do it.

Nothing better than a great sleep after the end of a busy day!

True words!

Haha! I love it! On a side note, as I was walking in to the grocery store tonight there was a little girl dressed as Rapunzel and I said to her "Hello Princess Rapunzel, how are you tonight?" She just beamed, it was so cute!

Adorable

I have never seen Little Mermaid but am going on it next week for sure!

:scared1: You have never seen The Little Mermaid!! :scared1: That is a tragedy that you must remedy.

On a side note, I am a fellow Canadian. I grew up in PEI and currently live about an hour northeast of Toronto.

Love PEI. Visited two years ago and it was beautiful.

My mom and I did not view our time on Little Mermaid as a waste and very much enjoyed it. I am revealing my age but Little Mermaid is the first movie I remember going to see in the theatres as a child and was a childhood favourite and still is a favourite actually.

Gaston is a hoot! We forgot to have him sign my daughter's autograph book during our meet, so I had to run right back for his signature. He assured me that women are so stunned by his looks that they often forget things. I also must be about the same age as you... it's one of the first movies I remember from Kindergarten, and I had Ariel bed sheets for years!

I am loving your review! We will be doing the Bon Voyage breakfast for the first time on our trip this Fall and we are so excited!! My daughter has been in love with Eugene for almost 2 years, so I'm especially excited for that meet.

I hope you have a great time!

I'm glad you did share the pictures! We are always our own worst critics. But I hear you on the angle... my mom did that on our last trip (sitting down while we were standing up for character meets at meals) and I didn't like those pictures either.

:sad2: Clearly not born instagram photographers. :laughing:

We did a pre-park opening Garden Grill reservation on our last trip and loved it!! I'm actually kind of regretting not building it into our next trip too. It took us a whole lot longer to eat there (we had a 1 year old and a 3 year old with us), but they let us onto Soarin' before the park opened, which was really nice.

Yes, I can imagine it would take longer with such little ones dining as well.

Gaston is a hoot! We forgot to have him sign my daughter's autograph book during our meet, so I had to run right back for his signature. He assured me that women are so stunned by his looks that they often forget things. I also must be about the same age as you... it's one of the first movies I remember from Kindergarten, and I had Ariel bed sheets for years!

Good old Gaston!

Yes, I was right around that age when Little Mermaid came out.

Oh yes, I remember Kristal. Hope she is doing well! That is so nice that you guys have formed such a friendship!

Kristel is doing OK. We talk about once a month and have forged a lasting friendship. We hit it off the first time we met at an IP Dip, trips ScottNY used to organize, and we have been friends ever since. I have even been to her place and she has come to Philly. My grandkids love her. She had both knees replaced so no traveling the past few years but she said she is getting around much better now. We are hoping for a trip together sometime next year.

Yes, Garden Grill would probably be a bit much as a solo traveller. I think I would feel weird eating table service by myself but I know lots of solo travellers do it.

I have done table service myself as I travel solo more often than not these days. I just tend to choose the type where being solo isn't going to require wasting a huge amount of food. I also tend to take shorter trips solo so I don't like to take the time a table service requires.

I contemplate Pinnochios every trip, but just KEEP reading terrible reviews. I like the view, but meh.

And for sure I'm in the "I love IASW!" Camp. Just too much nostalgia there not to like it.

I contemplate Pinnochios every trip, but just KEEP reading terrible reviews.

Yeah, I don't know if we will go to Pinocchio's again, at least not for awhile. Our next trip which may not be until 2021 will be harder for dining as there will be six of us and two with food allergies (nuts and peppers) so we will probably be fairly picky about where we eat but also want to eat places that will have a good variety to please everybody. I will have to do lots of research on allergy dining as we get closer to that trip.

June 14 - Magic Kingdom

We had made our way to the hub and stopped for a few photopass photos.

The photographer was earning her ears so she had us do a variety of poses including this one, pucker up Mom! :laughing:

We figured we would catch the castle stage show "Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire". It was new to us. Mom grabbed a seat on a ledge near the partner's statue while I wandered around, got another photopass photo and then joined her again.

I ended up moving closer to the stage as I couldn't see past a few families, one had a stroller with balloons tied onto it.

The stage show was cute and fun but I don't think I would go out of my way for it.

And now here is a slew of photos!

Donald was causing trouble by bringing the riff faff from The Snuggly Duckling

I love Anna's face, she has heard her sister sing this song one too many times!

It was so hot that afternoon! I was sweating in places that I do not usually sweat! :laughing:

Mom and I wandered back down towards Main St to find a spot for the parade. All the shady spots were taken so we grabbed a spot along the fence to the plaza garden by Casey's. To try and cool down I went into Casey's and grabbed water from the water station for Mom and I. We made several trips to that water station while we waited for the parade. I considered skipping the parade due to the heat but we had already waited long enough that it would have seemed like a waste to leave so we decided to stick it out.

Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire is a cute show. Nice pics!

Hopefully waiting it out for the parade ended up being worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter