MDE App Update & Recent “Refresh” Changes Discussion (we’re not doomed!)

Some people (or at least one person) were speculating that the reason people weren't able to follow through on booking a FP was because someone else had grabbed it first. The fact that the exact same FP is showing up multiple times but people still can't grab it pretty much puts that theory to rest.
Agreed! I made the same point earlier. If the same ride comes up 3 times in a row with the same time and can’t be booked, it’s not available because someone grabbed it. That theory is debunked.

Okay then.

I'll back out of this thread, you guys are rough!

No....not rough. I think what you are getting is the frustration from yet another glitch in the Disney system that has once again NOT helped its users. Your post on page 10 when it's been discussed since page 7 I believe probably made some DISers go...uh...no kidding. None mean to be "rough", we are just tired of Disney not making this fun anymore.

I know just my opinion, but I don't understand if you are all not a the parks right now, why are you trying to get fast passes? Leave it to the people at the park! Just saying if it's this frustrating for people at home, imagine being in the park right now having to compete for fast passes with people at home grabbing them for practice.
Especially if app is having problems right now, all this extra use is probably adding to the burden.

Not saying anyone is doing something awful, just my thoughts on the subject. :)

I totally understand what you’re saying, but at the same time, I don’t think people in the parks are going to sit on the phone with IT and waste their day in the park away. If I was there I’d probably just figure it was glitching and do something else instead of deal with Disney IT.

Considering that, I personally think it’s nice that people at home are tracking different scenarios so that they can share useful cases/feedback to Disney when they call so hopefully this gets fixed. I’m sure (well, I hope and assume) people are releasing the FP back into the pool quickly.

Agreed! I made the same point earlier. If the same ride comes up 3 times in a row with the same time and can’t be booked, it’s not available because someone grabbed it. That theory is debunked.

Doesn't make sense that it continues to show if someone grabbed it....right? Sounds like a "problem" Disney has created that they REALLY need to fix...and soon.

You're correct. I had posted the same experience earlier. I might not have been too clear when I posted, though. I didn't mean to be abrupt. I'm trying to post as fast as my experiences happen and I am highly irritated by the entire situation! :)

Okay then.

Okay then.

Please don’t take this wrong (truly) but your trip is over a year away so this latest change doesn’t affect you right now. By the time you go, a work around will be discovered (largely in part by people you are chastising now). But for people currently there or about to leave in the coming days or weeks, this is a big change. People are just trying to figure out it's intent. We all know that Disney IT has broken things unintentionally in the past.

Doesn't make sense that it continues to show if someone grabbed it....right? Sounds like a "problem" Disney has created that they REALLY need to fix...and soon.
I am not sure that the premise that it is showing the same exact FP (I get that it’s the same time) is correct.

I am not sure that the premise that it is showing the same exact FP (I get that it’s the same time) is correct.

For it to be the same time, doesn't it have to be the same FP?:confused3 I mean if you, myself, and JoeBlow all see 1pm on Mine Train for 2 people, isn't that the same FP? Then you are the lucky one to grab it, but it shows up again...with the same time and parameters...1pm and 2 people? How is that possible if it was the ONLY one available? :scratchin

Everyone experiencing the problem, please complain.

Do so kindly. The person in the phone didn't do this, but they are responsible for logging complaints so be firm and thorough, but kind as well.

But please let them know you don't like it. Whether it's a test or a malfunction, they need to know your dissatisfaction.

For it to be the same time, doesn't it have to be the same FP?:confused3 I mean if you, myself, and JoeBlow all see 1pm on Mine Train for 2 people, isn't that the same FP? Then you are the lucky one to grab it, but it shows up again...with the same time and parameters...1pm and 2 people? How is that possible if it was the ONLY one available? :scratchin

Even if it was coincidentally a different FP for the same ride at the same time, it still looks like a glitch to the user. That's not a good look from an IT perspective. It creates a negative experience in either case.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, you might as well call it Donald.

I’m not getting the same FP for the same ride with the same times, at least not every time. I’ve tried it on several SDD at different times( some just 5 min apart, but still different), TSMM and even Alien. I did finally get 1 SDD to the confirmation page. I’m not going thru to booking as I’m not there so not sure what would happen at that point. I don’t think we’ve developed a pattern at all and I don’t think it’s a glitch. But that’s pure guessing on my part.

Even if it was coincidentally a different FP for the same ride at the same time, it still looks like a glitch to the user. That's not a good look from an IT perspective. It creates a negative experience in either case.

If it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, you might as well call it Donald.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Yaaaaaaaassssss!!!!!!!!

I’m not getting the same FP for the same ride with the same times, at least not every time. I’ve tried it on several SDD at different times( some just 5 min apart, but still different), TSMM and even Alien. I did finally get 1 SDD to the confirmation page. I’m not going thru to booking as I’m not there so not sure what would happen at that point. I don’t think we’ve developed a pattern at all and I don’t think it’s a glitch. But that’s pure guessing on my part.

But how can it not be glitch? You see the same ride pop up multiple times and each time you hit the button to confirm the ride you get a not available yet it still continues to show?

Dang, just when I thought I had read enough on these boards to make the most of the FP+ system (1st time user), they go and change it up 2 weeks before I can book my FP! Will definitely be closely following along and like others hope it is an unintended consequence. I will not be happy if this stuff happens during my trip.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Disney would want to dangle that carrot in front of numerous guests only to create multiple consecutive moments of disappointment!
To get them to say "Screw this, where's the credit card?" Although I still agree that creates a very negative experience, even if Disney makes the money in the short term.

Calling them now. Message says greater than 20 minute wait. I love my speakerphone in cases like this!
They also said heavier than normal call volume.......I wonder why!
I was on the phone with them for over 40 minutes. It took a while for me to convey to them that this is a whole new meaning to the phrase "first come, first served". They actually put in an IT ticket and associated it with my email account. I also gave them the method to find this specific thread.

Please take the time to contact WDW and tell them about your experience and level of disappointment. I emphasized that this is NOT the way getting a FP has worked for the past few months and years.

They do see I have upcoming reservations and that I have been with Disney for a long time

I was on the phone with them for over 40 minutes. It took a while for me to convey to them that this is a whole new meaning to the phrase "first come, first served". They actually put in an IT ticket and associated it with my email account. I also gave them the method to find this specific thread.

Please take the time to contact WDW and tell them about your experience and level of disappointment. I emphasized that this is NOT the way getting a FP has worked for the past few months and years.

They do see I have upcoming reservations and that I have been with Disney for a long time

Keep us posted if you get any kind of additional response from them. I've given up trying to email them about anything.

But how can it not be glitch? You see the same ride pop up multiple times and each time you hit the button to confirm the ride you get a not available yet it still continues to show?

It doesn’t continue to show. When I went back to the selection page, it was always gone. It may we’ll be a glitch Oran unintended consequence, but I saw nothing other than I’d catch SDD, move to the confirmation page and it was not available. Went back to the booking page and it was gone. Eventually another one would pop up. The times were different enough that I don’t recall specifically any of them with the same time.

At the same time, I had no trouble getting the confirmation page on lesser rides. That alone leads me to believe it’s not a glitch or accidental. If it were, it would happen with every selection.

Last edited:
Hi, all. A bit late to the party, but interested in thoughts on the motivation behind this change. Quickly read through the thread, and I know there’s been differing opinion whether this is a glitch or intentional.

If indeed intentional, why would WDW do this? Unlike recent potential/actual FP changes, this doesn’t close any loopholes that I am aware of. It would be pretty Machiavellian for WDW to intentionally make rolling FPs harder to get in order to monetize them. Also seems to undercut the rationale for the efficiency of the FP system more generally and also negatively affects guest satisfaction. What’s going on here?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter