Mayim Bialik no longer hosting Jeopardy

I'd like to know the whole story. Why didn't the producers wait til her contract was up for renewal?

FWIW I like both Ken and Mayim.

https://people.com/mayim-bialik-no-longer-hosting-jeopardy-8417104

Meh, I just think it was continuity. Mayim took time off the show during the writers and actors strikes as she is both a writer and an actor. Ken's been doing all the hosting since. And it's working. I just think rather than bring her back and let her go again later, they just decided to keep Ken hosting the whole thing. I don't think there is anything more mysterious than that.

The timing with recent comments she’s made is interesting.

I haven’t watched the show in a while and haven’t seen her host. Was she any good?

I think both of them have done a good job. Never followed those stories about who is in/out or why and don't really care. A good host should blend into the background and not make the show all about themselves. Some other gameshow personalities are annoying that way or try to make the show more about them and their comedy antics.

I don't think you need to be a champion former contestant to be a good host. The show isn't about what the host knows/doesn't know when reading the questions.

Last edited:

Alex Trebek was synonymous with Jeopardy for a VERY long time.

I would think this test phase was to see what would be best for the show long term.

Ken Jennings was just an average person until he became the king of Jeopardy players.

He has now become synonymous with Jeopardy.

Mayim Bialik has been a well known actress most her life, she is known for that. I think it was her intellect that drew the game show to have her host. But she will never be the face of the show, never be synonymous with the show and will likely continue to work as an actress with Jeopardy being a small side gig.

Also during the strike she said she would not fulfill her duties to Jeopardy so Jennings was brought in to host for her instead. That was likely the final decision maker. Having your host able to work when scheduled is important.

I liked her as a host initially but she paused just a little too long sometimes before verifying a correct answer, which was distracting. I think it would be great for her to host the celebrity games. They never should have had more than one host. It just sets them up for comparison and complains.

I liked Mayim Bialik too, but I prefer Ken Jennings. He has grown into a great host and has a quick wit which is quite funny! I read Alex Trebek's biography, and the only contestant that he mentioned was Ken Jennings. He made quite an impression on him.

We watched faithfully for years, but gave up this year. I like them both and didn't really have a preference.

I liked them both but even before Alex’s illness I thought Ken should replace Alexwhen he retired. This year he’s really coming into his own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter