May hours for IOA - close at 6 on Fridays?

mackaylc

Mouseketeer
Just for my own curiosity, trying to figure out why US and IOA are closing at 6pm most Fridays in May. It was the same for April, but they had gradbash, or some sort of event. But I cannot find why it is closing so early in May. Maybe just because it is less busy anyway? But it is hard to get to ride Hagrids at night when it is not even open! We are staying at RP, so will have express pass and IOA opens early at 8am the Friday we are there (so 7 early entry). Thanks!

Just for my own curiosity, trying to figure out why US and IOA are closing at 6pm most Fridays in May. It was the same for April, but they had gradbash, or some sort of event. But I cannot find why it is closing so early in May. Maybe just because it is less busy anyway? But it is hard to get to ride Hagrids at night when it is not even open! We are staying at RP, so will have express pass and IOA opens early at 8am the Friday we are there (so 7 early entry). Thanks!
They have nights for middle school and high school students. Look up Universal Gradventure and Grad Bash nights. And the middle schoolers on these dates can get in at 4 PM, so crowds will start to pick up then -

Gradventure​

2024 Event Dates: Friday May 3rd, Friday May 10th, Saturday May 11th, and Friday May 17th

Last edited:
Along with Gradventure/Grad Bash, the parks may be closed for a private company event. When I went in mid May, both parks closed at 6 since a tech company (forgot who it was) bought out the parks that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter