May have to cancel trip - re-dating USO tickets?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
I purchased USO tickets from Undercover Tourist for May 5-11, 2024 dates. Due to family health concerns we may have to cancel this trip. I realize UT can provide a refund minus 5% processing fee which is not bad. But if we reschedule our trip, will USO allow us to re-date the eligibility of these tickets (which are unused) to new dates?

Unlikely. Undercover Tourist tickets are refundable but not changeable (according to their TOS). If the tickets were purchased directly from Universal, you could call or email Customer Service and throw yourself on their mercy to request a date change, but I doubt they'd work with tickets purchased from an authorized third-party seller. Have you reached out directly to UT or Universal yet?

I understood that Universal tickets were Not refundable. I had to cancel a trip last year and did not get a refund for the tickets, which I was expecting due to their policy. I never thought of calling up and asking.

I understood that Universal tickets were Not refundable. I had to cancel a trip last year and did not get a refund for the tickets, which I was expecting due to their policy. I never thought of calling up and asking.
Yeah, it's nice that Undercover Tourist tickets have a 365-day 95% refund policy - as far as I know, I think it's basically the only way you can ever get a refund on a Universal Orlando parks ticket. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong lol)

Changing the dates through Universal directly - it's not a refund, it's a rescheduling, and it's not guaranteed. It's a bit of a gamble and probably depends on who you get at Customer Service (and how polite/convincing you are when relating your tale of woe to them), but I think it's always worth asking! The worst they can say is no, but in 2021 we got our tickets rescheduled, so yeah always worth a shot.

Has anyone got a refund from UT? I'm wondering whether I have to do it by a certain number of days before the dates of the USO tickets?

Has anyone got a refund from UT? I'm wondering whether I have to do it by a certain number of days before the dates of the USO tickets?
I've never purchased from them - have you checked their FAQ?

ETA: I'd assume the ticket details, including refund details, are also probably in the email you would have received when you purchased the tickets.

I’d still give that a shot. Even if they just give you a voucher # to use in the future…the sort you go to GS to redeem Good luck

Just heard back from UT - I have until the day before the tickets are dated to cancel with them. Gotta say - that's a decent refund policy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter