Matt's 18th Birthday trip - Now Live

Dinner at Sanaa looks wonderful :goodvibes
Great photos from Busch Gardens. I love the one of the Tiger :thumbsup2

Just a quick post live from the Magic Kingdom - we're waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade after eating in Cinderella Castle. The music to this parade is fantastic!

i love the music to the electrical parade!!!
did you take any videos?

Hi Wayne, just caught up with the complete report:thumbsup2 Sounds like your having a great time, really enjoying your report and photos, off to read Matts blog now:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

i love the music to the electrical parade!!!
did you take any videos?

Just a short clip, Seen it many times so didn't bother this time.

Been a busy couple of days (most seem to be) Yesterday went to MK in the morning, on the way in myself & Matt had a cinnamon roll from Main st bakery, as good as ever. Ate at Pinocchio Village Haus for the first time. Not fans of pizza/flatbread but they were really good here.

DSC02004Medium.jpg

DSC02006Medium.jpg

DSC02081Medium.jpg

DSC02082Medium.jpg

Back to pool in afternoon then MK in evening to dine in the castle. As Disney fans it was a great experience, after 19 years of visiting the MK it was nice to get inside the castle, as a dining experience what a waste of 2 credits, problably the worst food of the trip and poor service. As soon as we sat down we were given the menus and then asked what we wanted imediately for all 3 courses. Thankfully we had looked at the menus online so more or less knew what we wanted. Tme to slow the server, I told her there was no way I was choosing a dessert before eating entree. After eating my tiny shrimp cocktail (that was totally tasteless and very poor quality shrimp) I asked for more bread, I ended up eating more bread & butter than any other restaurant this trip just to fill up. Main coures I had pork which was dry and not great, I dragged this out a while again to slow down the server, other tables were now finished and leaving. Ordered desserts, I had trio which were tiny.
4 princesses visited our table, all just wanted to get away ASAP hardly any interaction at all.
Just glad I was on DDP and didn't pay OOP for this, glad we did it just to get in the castle but for dining and character interaction really dissapointed(would do Akershus anyday rather than this)

DSC02091Medium.jpg

DSC02092Medium.jpg

DSC02096Medium.jpg

DSC02099Medium.jpg

DSC02149Medium.jpg

DSC02125Medium.jpg

DSC02108Medium.jpg

DSC02109Medium.jpg

DSC02110Medium.jpg

DSC02113Medium.jpg

DSC02114Medium.jpg

DSC02116Medium.jpg

DSC02119Medium.jpg

DSC02121Medium.jpg

IMG_5253Medium.jpg

Anniversary Cupcake
IMG_5260Medium.jpg

Lily meeting Tink
IMG_5272Medium.jpg

Electrical Light parade.

IMG_5288Medium.jpg

IMG_5300Medium.jpg

IMG_5321Medium.jpg

Evening ended with Wishes
IMG_5338Medium.jpg

IMG_5340Medium.jpg

I've only ever heard bad things about CRT sadly, as dining in the castle sounds great. Apparently breakfast isn't as bad as lunch/dinner.

Love the Buzz pic :)

:goodvibes

Such about shame at CRT.

We did breakfast in June and the princesses were great - each one spent ages chatting to Chloe. We had plenty of food too. It was a great experience however I choose breakfast over lunch/dinner because of the menus. Mind you in will be a long time before I pay that much for breakfast again and I only did this time as it was on my birthday.

Again it just goes to show the different experience people get at the same restaurant ;)

Shame about the food at CRT
We ate breakfast there last October and really enjoyed it
Obviously everyone wants to eat in the castle but that shouldn't be used by Disney to downgrade on the quality and service

Lovely trip report thank you Wayne. We have had 3 breakfasts in the castle when our daughter was 12 13 then with friends at 16 and it was really good. But we had Dinner there for her 18th Birthday celebration and was very dissapointed in food princesses and service , like you we were So rushed .it is un going into the castle but I would only reccomend breakfast.

how was the meet yesterday?

Chani and her husband made it to WDW yesterday, but Chani was sick as a dog!! I guess that Alaska weather was too much for her.

I kept calling telling her to contact the front desk about a visiting doctor.

In the end, Centra Care sent a taxi to her (no charge), and after seeing the doctor there, the taxi took her to the pharmacy and then back to the resort (again no charge for the taxi!!)...

the doctor gave her a really powerful antibiotic (that cost $120 for the prescription!! don't get sick in the US!!).

hopefully, she's better today..
she emailed that they think they'd prefer a rental car since the buses at disney are so overly ac'd....

so i went online to get the discounted rate at alamo for her that includes all the insurance...
the car care center at WDW will pick them up, so that's good...

too bad they didn't have the car yesterday so that they could have popped over for the meet - but she's so sick, you wouldn't want to be around typhoid mary anyway!! :goodvibes

That pork looked dry from the picture :sad2: The other food looked OK in the pics. That is one place I remember my parents took me on our 1979 trip, but I haven't been back since!

Shame about CRT but looks like you all had a great day.

Look forward to hearing about the DIS meet.

We have ate in the castle twice for dinner and love it! The food and service both A+++++ we had the same waiter Anthony couldn't do enough for us! Food was great and we were so stuffed after the meal we could barley walk! I love Cinderella royal table it's very special to us we haven't eaten here since it has had added princesses to restaurant though may be this has affected the quality of it?

Loving the review Wayne, first time I've managed to keep up with your live trip reports!!

We have our first ADR at CRT for dinner on our visit in October.......now beginning to wonder if we've made a mistake??

Shame about the table location and character interaction at CRT. I suspect that Lily did not spot any of this so I am sure you all enjoyed the joy on her face :goodvibes

how was the meet yesterday?

Chani and her husband made it to WDW yesterday, but Chani was sick as a dog!! I guess that Alaska weather was too much for her.
Hope she is feeling better soon.

Loving the review Wayne, first time I've managed to keep up with your live trip reports!!

We have our first ADR at CRT for dinner on our visit in October.......now beginning to wonder if we've made a mistake??

Read other reviews, not just mine.

Yesterday was a bit of a rest day. Shopping in the morning (tax free weekend) pool in afternoon then DISmeet in the evening.
Ate at the new food court at Art of Animation, not my type of resort at all but the food court offered a few different things, I had a crab burger.

DSC02231Medium.jpg

DSC02232Medium.jpg

DSC02233Medium.jpg

DSC02236Medium.jpg

DSC02237Medium.jpg

DSC02239Medium.jpg

DSC02246Medium.jpg

Got back to the room to find a Lizard on the bed, managed to catch it and get it out.
DSC02250Medium.jpg

she's on heavy duty antibiotics and codiene for her cough - so her husband is driving the rental car (adding a pretty penny to the price since he'll only be 25 in october)...

i'm staying at art of animation when i'm there by myself in october...
that's when they open the section that has single rooms....all the areas now open are 1 bedroom suites...
the single room area is the furthest away from the main building, which isn't the best, but i wanted to try it out...otherwise i would have stayed at pop century, where we stayed last year...

clearly not on the level of OKW, but a whole lot less expensive.. :)

Good to read about Portobello, not somewhere that you hear much about but I expect that will change now that it's on the DP

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter