Maryland DISers!

Just noticed this thread...we are from Southern Md. South of Waldorf. Going to WDW for the Pin Event in Sept. Then again in Dec. for a family trip...staying at Tree Houses in Dec. and at Beach Club in Sept. We can sure smell that VA fire around here.:scared1:

So that's what that smell was! I thought it was a weird smell when I left my house this morn....I'm in Catonsville.

Where was everyone when the earthquake hit? I was at work on the 6th floor of a building in Hunt Valley.

I was in my car, sitting in my drive way when the earthquake hit, here in St. Mary's County. I don't think I've ever been that scared before.

Luckily no one here was hurt, and nothing in the house broke. We just had a lot of stuff fall off of shelves and dressers.

I was in the parking garage at Target in Annapolis when it hit. Luckily I'm ok. But I did come home to an apartment with things all over the floor.

diznee25

When the earthquake hit, my DD14 and I were on the 3rd floor of Kennedy Krieger Institute downtown. Some of those poor kids were so scared they cried. The whole building shook.

I was on the 2nd floor of the middle school I work at. Just sixth graders were here today and they just happened to be outside for PE. I was in the workroom area eating lunch when I felt it. I was really scared!
Not much happened at my home in Annapolis, lots of books and picture frames on the floor when we got home, but that was it!
Very scary!!
Debbie

How did everyone fare with Irene? We were lucky where we are in Baltimore County. Our lights flickered at various times yesterday evening into this morning but they never went out. A neighbor had a tree down but it fell part in the yard and part in the street but no one or any cars were damaged. We spent today at the Maryland State Fair and had a pretty good day. Some rides and Skillo did not open until late afternoon. It was pretty empty when it opened at noon and went in the big wheel with no line. As the day progressed it started getting more crowded. We had a great time as usual.

How did everyone fare with Irene? We were lucky where we are in Baltimore County. Our lights flickered at various times yesterday evening into this morning but they never went out. A neighbor had a tree down but it fell part in the yard and part in the street but no one or any cars were damaged. We spent today at the Maryland State Fair and had a pretty good day. Some rides and Skillo did not open until late afternoon. It was pretty empty when it opened at noon and went in the big wheel with no line. As the day progressed it started getting more crowded. We had a great time as usual.

Hello, our lights went out for a moment and came back on. I'm also in Baltimore Co I'm mad schools are closed tomorrow too. The hurricane took out a tree to the point my husband had to hack it down. Thank God it didnt land on my FIL car which was parked right in front of it. Sheesh.

Hey Hons! I haven't had power since Saturday :sad2:
How are the rest of you doing?

We never lost power. It flickered many times and kind of blinked off once, but that was it. It doesn't look like there was any damage from Irene. The earthquake caused more damage. I'm in Baltimore County, btw.

We were lucky. Only some small branches down in the yard, and we were one of the few houses in the neighborhood not to lose power. Now DH and I have to go in to work tomorrow and see what kind of flack we catch for leaving early Saturday night. Gotta love retail. :rolleyes:

We live in Annapolis and lost power at 8pm on Saturday night. Didn't get it back until late yesterday afternoon then out again this morning and back on again a few hours later. No school again today...questionable for tomorrow. Lots of trees down in my neighborhood. Each house in the neighborhood has 1 - 2 Bradford Pears - they line the street and cul-de-sac...these trees are really pretty and it looks really good in the Spring but they are weakest trees I have ever seen. Every time we get a bad storm one of them splits!! This time our neighborhood lost 5 of them due to splitting - right through the middle. We have two and they have never split...DH is adament about getting them cut back now - seems we are due for a split!
Debbie

I live in Annapolis near Anne Arundel Medical Center and luckily we only lost our Comcast service, phone/cable/internet. Never lost power though, but it sounds like there were many who live in Anne Arundel County that did (lose power).

We just got back from dinner, and our Comcast service is up, ya! :cool1: Now I don't have to hit Starbucks tomorrow....maybe I will anyway! ;)

diznee25

Power still off...was able to buy some dry ice at Ayd Hardware on York Road during my lunch break. Hopefully it'll keep in the fridge here at work till 4!

my family told me they lost power saturday, and got it back monday morning, even though the power line near their house was still down :confused:
They lost a few trees, but other than that, nothing too bad happened.

I lost power at school, but we got it back in the morning on sunday.

Did anyone go to the Baltimore Grand Prix? What was your experience like?

Also, good luck to the Ravens!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter