March Trip reports

Some construction photos. Did not get a photo but they are taking the dirt removed from construction and piling up around cabin loop. They are going to build up the areas around the cabins so they don't have as much standing water. Cranes across lake are for Tron. Moved employee parking behind TE.
IMG_1633.JPG IMG_1634.JPG IMG_1635.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1636.JPG
    IMG_1636.JPG
    138.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1638.JPG
    IMG_1638.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1639.JPG
    IMG_1639.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 7
img_1629-jpg.391227

Oh so Greg is bringing his hunting decoys camping with him now? Hoping to draw in the local turkey birds? I can see him hiding behind a tree in the early morning light waiting for them ...

giphy.gif

<jk Greg> :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the pix so far, Terri.

Bama Ed

img_1629-jpg.391227

Oh so Greg is bringing his hunting decoys camping with him now? Hoping to draw in the local turkey birds? I can see him hiding behind a tree in the early morning light waiting for them ...

giphy.gif

<jk Greg> :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the pix so far, Terri.

Bama Ed
Lol, so true. He also brought his turkey calls, you know people are talking about the crazy guy with the turkey on his cart. I had nothing to decorate for, too early for Easter, so turkey time it is..

Yesterday we had FPs at MK starting at 3:30 so we headed over hoping some of the crowds had dispersed......not so much, 20 minutes waits for FPs. Rode 2 of 3 FPs, then headed over to the Contemporary for dinner, just couldn't take the crowds. It was so busy, I only got one photo and that was of the empty moat . Did get some photos of the construction along the lake. The captains were practicing docking the large boats they usually use for the fireworks cruises as they will start using them for resort transportation. That is a good thing as they seem to hold more passengers.
IMG_1649.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1651.JPG IMG_1652.JPG IMG_1653.JPG IMG_1654.JPG IMG_1655.JPG IMG_1656.JPG

A lot of people were worried about the construction noise, but you can not hear it from the sites. We are definitely enjoying our anniversary stay and are quite surprised how quite the Fort is with it being spring break. Had a nice evening by the fire before bed. The water parade lulled us to sleep ☺️.
IMG_1640.JPG IMG_1657.JPG

Friday morning brought another sunrise cart ride. Deer were everywhere including right behind our site. Quick breakfast then heading down to the canal to do something fishing. May actually hit the pool after lunch, then we head to HS for Slinky Dog, Rockin Rollercoater anf Tower of Terror. Oh yeah, got to get the ice cream sandwich on the homemade chocolate chip cookies
IMG_1641.JPG IMG_1642.JPG IMG_1643.JPG IMG_1644.JPG IMG_1645.JPG IMG_1646.JPG IMG_1647.JPG IMG_1648.JPG

This afternoon we went to HS. Much better then the MK, crowds were not bad at all. Had FPs for RnRC (got a bonus as I got my name and city on the poster sign), ToT and SDD. Also rode Star Tours as it was only a ten minute wait. Had some snacks and an adult beverage then headed back to the Fort. Took a cart ride to see the sun set and saw lots of deer, including a six point buck. Now we are relaxing by the fire.
IMG_1658.JPG IMG_1659.JPG IMG_1660.JPG IMG_1661.JPG IMG_1662.JPG IMG_1663.JPG IMG_1664.JPG IMG_1665.JPG IMG_1666.JPG IMG_1667.JPG

Update on the eagles nest, coming west on 528 right after exit 2 there is the overhead gantry with a sign that says IDrive 1/2 mile , the nest is over on the right side. Just thought I would post.

98537DF0-61B3-43E4-AE54-CB5CC2F62922.jpeg
Not a very good pic, this was heading east on the 528 on Thursday, if you zoom in you can see its tail.

Saturday, our last full day . Made our morning rounds, ate some breakfast and waited for DS to arrive so we could head over to Epcot for the Flower and Garden fest. Got there around 11 and crowds and heat were manageable. Purchased a gift card to regulate spending, otherwise I would spend a fortune on food . I really meant to take more photos of the food, but by the time I remembered, it was half eaten.
IMG_1669.JPG IMG_1670.JPG IMG_1671.JPG IMG_1672.JPG IMG_1673.JPG IMG_1674.JPG IMG_1675.JPG IMG_1676.JPG IMG_1677.JPG IMG_1679.JPG

tltay2005,

I noticed you had jeans on in one of the pictures. So I would like to ask-what is the weather like at Disney in late March? We are headed down in a few weeks, and I was planning on just taking shorts. Thinking maybe I need to add some jeans.

And, another question-the pictures you just posted with all of those Disney characters (from Star Wars to Pooh), what are the bodies made of? Could you tell?

tltay2005,

I noticed you had jeans on in one of the pictures. So I would like to ask-what is the weather like at Disney in late March? We are headed down in a few weeks, and I was planning on just taking shorts. Thinking maybe I need to add some jeans.

And, another question-the pictures you just posted with all of those Disney characters (from Star Wars to Pooh), what are the bodies made of? Could you tell?

For the week we were there the lows at night were in the 50s. In a couple of weeks you could be in the high 60s to low 70s at night. You really can't tell with Florida weather until about three days prior. I would say mostly shorts and maybe one pair of jeans or sweatpants just in case.

The bodies were actual storm trooper figures, ranging from two to four feet tall. I am assuming they were made from some sort of plastic.

Had a great trip. One last take out breakfast from TE/PJs and then packing up and heading home....that long 37 mile drive . My next trip report will be in October and I expect there will be lots of changes in the construction progress. Until then, happy camping.
IMG_1697.JPG

Okay please. We get it, we get it.... :rolleyes:

Glad you and Greg had a great trip.

Bama Ed

Haha, if it makes you all feel any better, we do have to travel on the most congested part of I4 which was basically a parking lot on the way home. I would gladly pay the toll if they would build a parkway from 27 to the Disney exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter