March Trip reports

Thanks for checking @ilovedisneymm
We LOVE the 2000 loop. Our slot on the inside was perfect for the kids to go play in the trees.

I will post more when we get back, but 4 years is too long between trips. The crowds were nuts so we missed a lot. No ADD but we did rope drop FOO. Awesome and worth it! We added a night so we could redeem our busted Hollywood Studios day.

Good to know, everyone says to try and get the 1500 loop, so good to here the 2000 loop is good also. I wanted a full hook up site, but couldent get one. Hope you get to see the rest of the stuff you want to!

Hey folks. It is after the ballgame now and we went to Disney Springs and can't find the girls. I am looking everywhere.

Bama Ed

Ps - got the RFID cards over here today so smooth sailing into the MK gates tmrw.

Ed, looks like things are going really smooth, let the girls find you! we love RR, great food and show (and Guinness)

p.s. how are the crowds

Ed, looks like things are going really smooth, let the girls find you! we love RR, great food and show (and Guinness)

p.s. how are the crowds
Made it to Pennsicola in time to eat at Peg Leg Pete's at the beach. Ocala tomorrow for 2 nights and then the fort on Thursday. Made loop and site request update by phone. CM seemed to be very helpful and had our packet in hand. Thanks BamaEd for all your help.

p.s. how are the crowds

team bradfield,

We were over at Disney Springs and Wide World of Sports so it's sorta hard to judge crowds. But DD, who was a Disney Cast Member this time last year in the College Program and is with us now said that to her Disney Springs felt not as crowded. I can give you a better readout Wednesday after our MK day tomorrow. And through extensive research I have discovered my preference for Kilkenny over Guinness.

So first the Dog-n-Suds report #1 on the Atlanta Braves at WWoS versus the Pittsburgh Pirates.

For $21.50 I got this all beef hot dog (warm, no grill marks), fries, and a refillable Mich Ultra ($12 beer and $9.50 lunch).

I would have to give the dog/fries a 5 and the beer an 8 for a 6.5 average. A refill on the beer would have been $7. They had refillable imports on draft too for a few more $. Beer was cool but not cold. Dog was average.

There was a triple play today by the Pirates on the Braves. Here is the video link: Braves have runners on 1st and 2nd with no outs:

https://www.mlb.com/gameday/pirates...,lock_state=final,game_tab=videos,game=567148

I'd score that as an unassisted 6-3 double play with a 3-5 put-out at the end.

Sitting in the strong sun for over 3 hours was tough even with sunscreen, a hat, and shades. But hey that's what spring training is for - to get into regular season shape.

Before we headed for Disney this morning, I checked out the beach just beyond the campground fence on the Atlantic side.

There were a few jellies washed up.

There is a fishing pier out at the end of the jetty where the Atlantic ocean receives the ship channel traffic.

It's mostly a lot of old guys passing the time by fishing.

Back at Disney Springs, I found the girls finally. For the first time I visited the observation deck of the Coca Cola building.

We all liked The Edison for dinner. DW got a salad, I got the spicy buffalo chicken sandwich, and DD got a burger.

Early getaway for the MK tomorrow to pay for parking and ride the ferry to the gate. Supposed to be a few degrees cooler.

Bama Ed

PS - Hoping to experience my first "Goodnight Kiss" with DW at MK after closing. (I had to look up what that is-but it's not what you might think) :love2:

Last edited:

through extensive research I have discovered my preference for Kilkenny over Guinness.

PS - Hoping to experience my first "Goodnight Kiss" with DW at MK after closing. (I had to look up what that is-but it's not what you might think) :love2:
It took research to determine almost anything is better than Guinness? :-)

Great pics. I'm always interested in new places to camp "on the beach". It looks great there.

And definitely stay for the Kiss Goodnight. It's not over the top, but pretty neat to be there when they do it.

j

Old River Country water slides are a pile of rubble in the middle of the pic. RiP.

Taken from the boat to MK tues 031219 at 445pm.

More tommorow.

Bama Ed

Got the camper out today for a 40 mile test spin. Greased the bearings, changed batteries in the tire pressure monitors and upgraded the rear view camera on the camper. The dog and I are heading south on Monday, checking in on Wednesday. I hope the weather stays warm at the Fort. It is suppose to get a little warmer here, but rain and snow for the next two days. Getting ready to check out River Country.
traileratfarm.jpg

Got the camper out today for a 40 mile test spin. Greased the bearings, changed batteries in the tire pressure monitors and upgraded the rear view camera on the camper. The dog and I are heading south on Monday, checking in on Wednesday. I hope the weather stays warm at the Fort. It is suppose to get a little warmer here, but rain and snow for the next two days. Getting ready to check out River Country.
Enjoy your trip. As a fellow Chicago suburbanite, I think we've all had about enough of winter

View attachment 387863

I had to giggle when I read this as I (as a native Floridian) am hoping for cooler weather o_O.

We survived MK day yesterday.

That's the way it was - crowded, busy, and not all that magical. I feel sorry for people who pay all that money for tickets and don't know how to use FP or make ADRs well in advance. There were scenes of people learning those lessons on the spot.

Made the early morning drive over from Jetty. From the campground to the MK toll booth was 65 minutes. It was blessedly cool (high yesterday was upper 70s with thin clouds most of the day. As such, the castle was a little gray.

Our rope drop strategy was to head for Space Mountain. So we were ready for the aforementioned rope to drop.

This was the view behind me right before the castle show started at 855am.

We had a FP for Splash Mountain that afternoon but the wait at 1030am was 25 minutes standby so we did it then. I didn't know but ziploc provides some nice logo bags just inside the building queue area to keep cell phones and wallets dry.

Right before lunch as we were headed to Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch, the crowd in Frontierland was building.

I had the salad at LTT to save room for ice cream in the afternoon.

After lunch we rode the Liberty Bell River Boat which provided some nice views of Frontierland from an angle that's not very common.

<pausing to move the washer load to the dryer >

The queue for Haunted Mansion was winding down by the old Keelboats queue area and was listed at 95 minutes for standby. It hardly moved as I waited to get off.

Even in these busy times, though, there is peace and solitude in watching the ducks.

Rollin', rollin', rollin' (on to the next post).

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Wow! Spring Break level crowds already. Since Easter is late this year, I wonder if that means the week before Easter won't be as bad.

Nah, that was a joke. It will probably be worse.

j

I did get a Mickey's Kitchen Sink sundae at the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street ($16.99 + tax thank you very much). They now have a Minnie bowl as well as a Mickey souvenir bowl for your frozen milk treat.

BTW, the cashier in the photo above was a college program kid from The University of Auburn (according to her name tag). So after she handed me my change and receipt, I thanked her with a "Roll Tide" and she responded with a smile and "war eagle".

Here was my sundae with a scoop of chocolate, a scoop of vanilla, peanut butter syrup, whipped cream, and a cherry.

I saw some sundaes with up to 3 cherries on top so I was a little jelly (cherry envy). I had to share mine with the girls anyway. The souvenir bowl got washed in a bathroom sink and carried in a clear merch bag and will join my collection of WDW souvenir bowls and glasses at home.

This was the point I left for the Fort to take River Country/new resort (I shall not speak its name) and got back to find the girls in Philharmagic. So I enjoyed a ride on PeopleMover.

PM provides some views of the Tron ride grading. The Racetrack is closed (will be shortened maybe) and the train tracks temporarily ripped up as Tron will be both inside and outside the tracks.

<check on clothes>

I confess I was worn out by now and will confess that we did not stay for the Goodnight Kiss. DD wanted to see the fireworks from Main Street and DW stayed with her but I headed for the car. Turns out I got to see the fireworks also.

Headed out.

Down and out.

I paused briefly on the 2nd level of the Main Street train station to capture the sea of humanity assembled for the fireworks.

And out the gate I went just as the first rocket went up. The ferry was loading (had about 10 people on it) so I went to the top level on the back end to watch the lights.

That ol' man river keeps on rollin'....

Bama Ed

Last edited:
BTW Jim and Jimmy, I see you "liked" or replied to some posts which I posted mid-way through while I checked on laundry. I went back and added some pix to those threads so just wanted to make you aware....

Also to add, today is Wednesday and it's after lunch and the girls are napping (bless their hearts). It is a beautiful breezy day here outside as I type and process laundry. This was to be our down day but we did have an interesting activity this morning. More on that later.

The ferry took me across Seven Seas Lagoon while the fireworks continued.

The music for the fireworks is piped in to the ferry dock at the TTC so I could listen and wait for the big finale.

We got to sleep in this morning (Wednesday). Originally I had no morning activity planned but DW asked how far away the Kennedy Space Center was (20-25 minutes) and she wanted to visit the gift shop to look for things for her classroom (we had done the full blown visit and all-day tour maybe 10-15 years ago). So I made a call to check things out and we rode over there today.

KSC has a "shopping pass" ticket not advertised on their website. Most tickets start at $50 for adults and for folks like us who don't want that full (or add-on experience), the shopping pass is perfect. You pay $10 per person at the visitor center (not ticket window) and get 90 minutes of shopping/dining time. If you leave within that time, stop by the Visitor Center again and they will refund the $10 pp. I asked the lady why the shopping pass wasn't advertised on-line and she said it is subject to abuse so they only reply if asked directly as I did. But lots of people (and international folks especially) over at KSC. I only learned of the shopping pass when I called the gift shop customer service number to ask if the shop was inside or outside the gate.

She got some things so it was a worthwhile trip. I got a black SpaceX Falcon 9 golf shirt and a gray t-shirt with the blue NASA orb logo and the phrase "I Need My Space". It was a winner all around.

Then it was lunch, nap (and DIS time), and tonight we're visiting some family who have an ocean beach house down in Cocoa Beach for dinner.

The busy part of our trip is over. Now all that's left is the Tiger's game tomorrow and the Mets game on Friday. More Dog-n-Suds reports in the future.

Bama ED

PS - so sad, I now qualify for Senior discounted admission tickets at KSC. :sad2:

<time to fold some clothes>

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter