March 2014 Birthday get away PTR

Wow your trip is fast approaching! I'm just doing a catch up on PTR/TRs. I'd been slacking. Great that you have travel all sorted now. Ugh travel agents are a pain. Very much so regretting booking thru a TA for this time next year and I'm only after booking!
The SF is lovely now since it has been refurbed. Although I don't know if breakfast is still mental because we did 7am every morning although by half past most mornings it was getting busy! Rooms are beautiful now though but imagine how lovely your room will be in the DLH!! :banana:

It is creeping round really quickly! We have to settle the balance within the next 10 days, then it will be fully paid for and I can start stashing the spending money!

The Santa Fe wasn't a bad place to stay, the room was pleasant enough, we didn't need anything special, just somewhere to sleep. It was just the breakfast thing that did it for us. We were lucky and had early slots, but they were queuing when we left and even when we were in there, as it got busier you had to use your elbows more to get to anything on the buffet. Such a shame really :(

Sounds like you are planning a lovely trip! I look forward to hearing about the DLH too as that's where I am staying next year.....2 nights free deal made it possible ;-) glad to see your transport sorted!

Looking forward to reading along with your plans. :-D

Happy New Year Everyone! :yay:

I thought it was about time for another update. There's now less than 80 days until we go (78 to be exact!)

The trip was fully paid of last month, which means it's 100% official and I even put in my holiday request form yesterday (nice welcome back present for my boss on Monday morning!) :thumbsup2

We still haven't yet worked out how we're getting to London to catch the Eurostar, our regular driver is supposed to be calling us soon to confirm if he can take us or not, if it's a no we really will have to look at finding a way and fast!

I definitely want to try and see the decent of the stairs on this trip, but I know it's only on Sunday-Thursday, so this means we either have to do it the day we arrive or the day we leave. Doing this the day we leave would be cutting it a bit fine for catching the Eurostar home, so my plan is the day we arrive before hitting the parks. The Eurostar arrives approx 14.00, so if we check in and grab a drink and a snack in Cafe Fantasia I'm hoping this will put us about right for watching the decent of the stairs at 16.00. Does anyone have any experience of doing this on arrival day from the Eurostar?

Looking at the opening times of the parks while we're there, Sunday is the only day it's open late (22.00), so I don't know whether to watch Disney Dreams! on Sunday or one of the week days when the park closes at 20.00, really undecided as to what is best!

Another first planned for this trip is a guided tour. I've enjoyed the park for many years, but know there's more to it than what I see and I'm looking forward to seeing it from a different point of view.

I have a few ideas for where I would like us to eat, but nothing is set in stone yet. My fancies are:
Inventions - this is the only one that is a must and will be my Birthday meal.
Toad Hall - I've heard the Fish and Chips are good!
Plaza Gardens - Always thought it looks nice while wandering the park.
Walts - I last visited here in 2006 and loved it, I like the idea of this being our lunch on the last day, but depends on time and how full we are from breakfast!
Annettes - This has always looked quite good fun and the photo's I've seen look like large portions!

I think the plan is to stock up at breakfast and have just a snack during the day, then eat in the evenings. Is there anywhere else that comes highly recommended? The only problem I can see is that with the park closing early, we're going to end up eating early if we want to eat in the park and then we might struggle for what to do in the evenings (other than shopping!)

I'm a little disappointed that 2 of my favourite rides are due to be closed during our visit, both Crush and Indianna will be out of action! Mum and I had this crazy idea to try and ride everything during our visit, I guess we'll just have to ride everything that's open! :wizard:

Still reading along :)
Gave you got your lift sorted yet ?
I have to say I don't think there is that much closed for march this year :goodvibes.

I've got my pre trippy going to :)

Not long now :dance3:

Our last day tradition is lunch at Walt's its usually the perfect way to end our holiday :-) Toad Hall double fish and chips are yummy....,. Toad Hall was closed for our last two trips :-( great to see all your plans coming together!

No transport to London sorted yet, getting slightly panicky that I need to get this sorted! On the plus side though my passport arrived this morning! My application only got to the passport office last Monday, that's a flipping quick turn around! At least I'm not worrying about it turning up before I go now though! Yay!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Time is ticking by and I really can't wait to get away!

We finally have a way of getting to London! Whoop! It involves a 6am pick up from Bristol though (that's nearly an hour from here!) so will be a very, very early morning! To be fair though I very much doubt that I'll find it a struggle to get up, I'll be bouncing off of the walls!

Another thing I have sorted is my guided tour of the park! As soon as I heard about these, I decided I wanted to do one, so I am! I have it booked for mum and I on my Birthday at 1pm. I did wonder whether it would be too early to book a tour already but there was no problem at all! Yay!

Are you doing the tour of the main park?
We did it on honeymoon in 2012 and it was fantastic. We had the lovely Anne-Sophie showing us around (just us two!) and it was great. Wear comfy shoes! There was a good bit of walking and it was a hot day but it was the highlight of our couple of days in DLP. The story behind the agricultural props (like the big engine near the entrance to BTM) was very interesting. I won't reveal more though :goodvibes ;)

Are you doing the tour of the main park?
We did it on honeymoon in 2012 and it was fantastic. We had the lovely Anne-Sophie showing us around (just us two!) and it was great. Wear comfy shoes! There was a good bit of walking and it was a hot day but it was the highlight of our couple of days in DLP. The story behind the agricultural props (like the big engine near the entrance to BTM) was very interesting. I won't reveal more though :goodvibes ;)

Sorry Kizzabel, managed to miss your comment. Been spending too long weeping over the fact that I'm not sure my horse will ever be ridden again. Life is being extremely cruel at the moment and the this trip is the only thing I'm looking forward to at the moment!
In answer to your question, yes the main park, I really can't wait to learn about it all. I know there is so much more to it than just being a park. I have several pairs of shoes to take with me this trip as I know my feet are going to ache!

I bought mum and I a new winter hat each for when we go, I suffer terribly with cold ears (it gives me a headache) so needed something to keep them warm and mum wanted to join in the fun, so we have an Eeyore and Pluto laplander big face hats on their way to us from the USA. :yay: We couldn't do normal, boring beanie hats, it's just not our style! :banana:

I've heard a little rumour that Inventions is likely to be closed during our visit, I'm quite saddened by this, but as long as I get my character buffet birthday dinner I'll be happy! :love:

I am really, really hoping for some pixie dust this trip, I think it's well due here!
Vet on Monday to find out what the future holds for my dear boy.

LunaMini said:
Sorry Kizzabel, managed to miss your comment. Been spending too long weeping over the fact that I'm not sure my horse will ever be ridden again. Life is being extremely cruel at the moment and the this trip is the only thing I'm looking forward to at the moment!
In answer to your question, yes the main park, I really can't wait to learn about it all. I know there is so much more to it than just being a park. I have several pairs of shoes to take with me this trip as I know my feet are going to ache!

I bought mum and I a new winter hat each for when we go, I suffer terribly with cold ears (it gives me a headache) so needed something to keep them warm and mum wanted to join in the fun, so we have an Eeyore and Pluto laplander big face hats on their way to us from the USA. :yay: We couldn't do normal, boring beanie hats, it's just not our style! :banana:

I've heard a little rumour that Inventions is likely to be closed during our visit, I'm quite saddened by this, but as long as I get my character buffet birthday dinner I'll be happy! :love:

I am really, really hoping for some pixie dust this trip, I think it's well due here!
Vet on Monday to find out what the future holds for my dear boy.

Oh no, what happened to your horse?
Hope everything turns about and that the trip is extra special.

Oh no, what happened to your horse?
Hope everything turns about and that the trip is extra special.

He was diagnosed with facet joint arthritis in his neck which was putting pressure on his spinal cord. He was given steroid injections and 10 weeks off now, but he's not showing any improvement. Not really sure what to think at the moment, peaks and troughs of emotions.

So sorry to hear that something has happened to your horse! I hope it turns out ok for you x

Thank you. It's nice to find people who understand, I know some people think it's 'just a horse' but he's so much more than that!

The insurance excess is due tomorrow which is a chunk of my Disney spending money, but as long as I get to go I don't mind. I can make do once I'm there, he's far more important :)

LunaMini said:
He was diagnosed with facet joint arthritis in his neck which was putting pressure on his spinal cord. He was given steroid injections and 10 weeks off now, but he's not showing any improvement. Not really sure what to think at the moment, peaks and troughs of emotions.

Thank you. It's nice to find people who understand, I know some people think it's 'just a horse' but he's so much more than that!

The insurance excess is due tomorrow which is a chunk of my Disney spending money, but as long as I get to go I don't mind. I can make do once I'm there, he's far more important :)

Oh poor Arthur. Is he very out of sorts with pain?
Hope he makes a full recovery. When you are close animals are as good as family. We would be lost without our basset hound, he is our 3rd baby ;)

LunaMini said:
Thank you. It's nice to find people who understand, I know some people think it's 'just a horse' but he's so much more than that

They become so much part of the family! Fingers crossed he makes a full recovery x

So very sorry to hear about your horse! Sending you lots of love.

Thank you everyone :) I know I only know you all on the forums, but you're all so friendly and I feel I can say things on here without being judged too much.

We had a vets visit yesterday but Arthur is worse again and we now have a bone scan booked in for the 12th March. I've got to leave him at the vets for 3 days as he'll be radioactive :( It's getting ever nearer to my trip away and I worry about what state of mind I'll be in if anything happens! Garrrrhhhhh! Nothing is ever simple or kind!

Really sorry to hear about your horse, hope you get good news from his bone scan.
We will also be going to watch the descent if the stairs on arrival day so we might see you there- I'll keep my eye out for your hat! :) x

Really sorry to hear about your horse, hope you get good news from his bone scan.
We will also be going to watch the descent if the stairs on arrival day so we might see you there- I'll keep my eye out for your hat! :) x

Thank you! I will be spending the day with everything crossed!

Here's mum and I in our new hats! We're not big kids at all!

1962652_10153884642790581_169412696_n.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter