Marathon Weekend 2025

I'm running my first RunDisney race (the 10K on Thursday of Marathon Week) and I'm trying to figure out how much time to allocate to picking up my bib at the Expo.

We're arriving Wednesday afternoon but I've read that the first day is the busiest since everyone running the 5K will be picking up that day. We'll have a park day on Thursday (early bedtime, of course) so I'd like to head over to the Expo closer to the end time of 7pm. I don't plan on buying any merch or really checking out the Expo, just need to pick up my bib/shirt/etc. We'll be taking Disney transportation there/back.

What time would you suggest arriving that would be towards the end of the session (12pm-7pm) and how much time should I expect to spend waiting for my bib and shirt?

I'm running my first RunDisney race (the 10K on Thursday of Marathon Week) and I'm trying to figure out how much time to allocate to picking up my bib at the Expo.
Just to amend your wording there, the 10k is on FRIDAY, and you could pick up your bib and shirt on Thursday if you want. The only people who *have* to pick up bibs on Wednesday are those running the 5k, and those who are running Dopey.
We're arriving Wednesday afternoon but I've read that the first day is the busiest since everyone running the 5K will be picking up that day.
Most of the busy-ness is associated with the rundisney merch. While there tends to be a queue for bibs on the first day, it moves steadily and doesn’t take overly long. Bibs and race shirts are in completely different buildings from the official rD merch. If all you wanted was your bib and your shirt, you could easily be in and out within an hour (at the longest IMO) if you went at the end of the day on Wednesday.

We'll have a park day on Thursday (early bedtime, of course) so I'd like to head over to the Expo closer to the end time of 7pm. I don't plan on buying any merch or really checking out the Expo, just need to pick up my bib/shirt/etc. We'll be taking Disney transportation there/back.

What time would you suggest arriving that would be towards the end of the session (12pm-7pm) and how much time should I expect to spend waiting for my bib and shirt?
Using the charter busses that Disney provides is going to be the biggest unknown for this. I’m not sure if they really have a set schedule for shuttling people to and from the resorts. Since I’m not super familiar with the busses, I’ll let someone else weight in on that.

Thank you! I did mean to write that the 10K is Friday and I was planning on going Thursday to pick up.

I'm glad to hear I can try to head over (maybe via Lyft to save time) around 6pm. It seems like as long as I'm in line before 7pm close time I should be good?

It seems like as long as I'm in line before 7pm close time I should be good?
Assuming that it closes at 7:00, you will be fine. For W&D last year, my daughter and I got stuck in traffic on Florida's Turnpike and we got to WWoS at 6:55. We had a laugh with the CMs who told us to relax as we were panting having run from the parking lot to the Field House to get our bibs.

Last edited:

We're arriving Wednesday afternoon but I've read that the first day is the busiest since everyone running the 5K will be picking up that day. We'll have a park day on Thursday (early bedtime, of course) so I'd like to head over to the Expo closer to the end time of 7pm. I don't plan on buying any merch or really checking out the Expo, just need to pick up my bib/shirt/etc. We'll be taking Disney transportation there/back.

I suggest going on Wednesday after you arrive so that you don't have to interrupt your park day or stay out too late.

Staying out late may be of less concern for a 10K, but for the marathon I aim to be at the resort by 5, dinner by 6, and in bed by 8 at the latest. This way I can at least pretend to get 6 hours of sleep.

Late Wednesday afternoon will not be overly busy at the expo. There's definitely a surge crowd for the first few hours, but once the merch folks get in and buy their treasures things calm down considerably. It's pretty much just walk in and grab your things. You could get in and out in 15 min if you really wanted.

WDW Marathon experts, I have a question. The process for all of this goes in the following type of order?

Run a POT Race within 1.5 years of the race day you want to do. (Not up to date on when you submit or if you can update before a certain date)
Race registration sometime around April
Book room ticket package when released (Which was unusually early in 2024)
Train for race
run the race!

Just trying to wrap my head around everything again.

WDW Marathon experts, I have a question. The process for all of this goes in the following type of order?

Run a POT Race within 1.5 years of the race day you want to do. (Not up to date on when you submit or if you can update before a certain date)
Race registration sometime around April
Book room ticket package when released (Which was unusually early in 2024)
Train for race
run the race!

Just trying to wrap my head around everything again.
That's pretty much it. The hotel reservations might move up in the list depending on if you are a DVC member/want to rent DVC.

Oh, and somewhere between registration and running the race, you have to add "choose outfit(s)/costume(s) for races" 😄😄

Oh, and somewhere between registration and running the race, you have to add "choose outfit(s)/costume(s) for races"
Yea... thats not gonna be part of my race day regiment lol. Just normal singlet and shorts for race day for me. I'm a creature of habit and don't like doing things much outside my norm for race day. The older I get, the stronger this desire becomes. I'm nearly at yelling at kids to get off my lawn stage these days.

Yea... thats not gonna be part of my race day regiment lol. Just normal singlet and shorts for race day for me. I'm a creature of habit and don't like doing things much outside my norm for race day. The older I get, the stronger this desire becomes. I'm nearly at yelling at kids to get off my lawn stage these days.
What is funny is for me.... not wearing a costume running would be the one out of habbit... lol I run my local races with costumes too, some times tone down but I cant help myself. It makes running more fun for me.

The timing of PoT has changed a couple of times since your last rD event. If you’re thinking of running in 2026, you’ll want to plan for a spring 2025 or earlier PoT. Below are the details for this coming year. No more opportunity for a fall PoT right before the big event.

• Proof of time must be provided from an officially timed race on a USATF certified course reflecting results between January 1, 2022 and July 1, 2024, and must be one of the below listed distances.

SAFD: I don’t especially care much about standardizing the courses (other than if that standard becomes bussing for a point-to-point race, which I despise). I DO very much care about what they do with a course. Give me a Bear Island Rd all day long if they fill it up with fun lights and sounds like the Battle for Endor overlay during a SW race! I could run up and down Osceola Pkwy a bunch of times if they give me big screens of cool videos and props for pics. I’m even down for 24 loops of the BB parking lot if it comes with talented live entertainment!

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest