Marathon Weekend 2024

Boarding group 36. Called around 11am, into the merchandise area around 11:45am. No Coast to Coast merchandise at all.

I'm a men's XL so I had no trouble finding my size. However, I put the running for snacks shirt back and somebody was very happy to snag it quickly.

Got everything I hoped for, plus the unexpected stuff when sentiment and/or excitement to run after being in the hospital 3 months ago gets to me.

Boarding group 36. Called around 11am, into the merchandise area around 11:45am. No Coast to Coast merchandise at all.

I'm a men's XL so I had no trouble finding my size. However, I put the running for snacks shirt back and somebody was very happy to snag it quickly.

Got everything I hoped for, plus the unexpected stuff when sentiment and/or excitement to run after being in the hospital 3 months ago gets to me.
They had a bunch of Coast to Coast shirts when I was there at 3pm, if anyone is looking for them. Not many people were buying them.

@DopeyBadger
24XXX for Dopey

Corral A for 5/10K

Corral C for half/full
est 4:30-5 for Half and full

for data purposes....there was a guy behind me with a 22XXX bib doing Dopey who ended up with D for 5/10 and C for half/full

At this point I’m wondering if they just assigned Dopey runners to random corrals for the 5k/10k. I also submitted a 8-10 pace and got corral C.

FWIW, I was watching a livestream of someone doing Dopey who had 27240 and got B for the 5/10k and F for the half and full.

Agreed. Especially since @Bree, also a Dopey, put 8-10 and was given A. That's quite the disparity. May be something to look into more post-race, so all my Dopeys keep what you had registered for 5k/10k in your notes somewhere so that we can discuss at a later time. It'll be interesting to align that data with solo 5k/10k runners as well.

I put 8-10 for my Dopey 5/10 estimate (+5-5:30 for the full). I put 10-12 for J's 5k bib. We both got C corral. I'm in D for the Half/Full

They had a bunch of Coast to Coast shirts when I was there at 3pm, if anyone is looking for them. Not many people were buying them.
Somehow I missed them. *growl*
For those staying at Pop Century or Art of Animation, is there a pasta special at dinner this year?
Don't know about Art of Animation, but Pop Century right next door does.

I was boarding group 1 and within the first 50 in! They started scanning us in around 9:30 and were held in room until 9:45. There were maybe a dozen medium dopey jackets left and I got one. Now I think there’s just XL or XXL and larger. People are hovering. No restocks I’ve seen but regular jackets like marathon were being restocked. The fit is excellent, unisex TTS.

A decent amount of medal pins left still at 10:30, wouldn’t be surprised if they run out but at least no immediate sellout like I heard about Figment pins.

Coast to coast shirts are pretty limited but weren’t going fast. The women’s cut is pretty nice and runs close to unisex. I usually wear a unisex S-M and women’s M was plenty big. Men’s coast to coast was enormous. S fit more like an XL and when I put mine back another woman was happy to scoop it up.

Weekend Nike hats mostly gone I think too, I think they had two sizes as I have a M/L.
I was in boarding group 1 and there were no S, M, or L Dopey jackets left. (Sigh) Probably “supply chain issues”.

The problem with bringing so much clothes, is that I can’t decide what to wear tomorrow.
Skirt and sleeveless? Pants and sleeveless? Or skirt and long sleeve?

(I somehow missed short sleeve as a necessity while packing…)

The problem with bringing so much clothes, is that I can’t decide what to wear tomorrow.
Skirt and sleeveless? Pants and sleeveless? Or skirt and long sleeve?

(I somehow missed short sleeve as a necessity while packing…)
Personally, I would go skirt and long sleeves. It will keep you warm in the corral, and the race isn’t long enough to get too hot.

Personally, I would go skirt and long sleeves. It will keep you warm in the corral, and the race isn’t long enough to get too hot.
Also Thursday am looks like it’s going to be colder so I’d save the warmer clothes for that morning.

So I was leaning pants and sleeves since I can use a Mylar for my upper body, and like you said, it’s not like a 5k is long enough to get too wearing pants.
Also Thursday am looks like it’s going to be colder so I’d save the warmer clothes for that morning.
Is this where I admit I brought enough cold clothes for all the races? 🙈 I may have a problem…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter