Marathon Weekend 2018

FYI There's a "hidden" photo op with Mickey in the building with the merch and Dopey/Goofy bib pickup. He's upstairs in the corner right above where you exit the merch area past the registers. If you do Dopey/Goofy bib pickup, as you exit, stay upstairs and don't follow the signs telling you to exit outside. Loop around to the front of the building staying on the upper level. There's a backdrop and a CM to do photos. When I did mine, there was no line at all since nobody knew he was there!
Thanks!

Wow, that line looks insane! What is the difference between this year and last year? More runners this year?

Does anyone know what the perforated tabs are for on the Half Race Retreat wristband? One says "Half Gift" and the other two are mini 25th marathon icons? It was so cold and wet I did bib pickup and dashed before I remembered to investigate the "Half Gift." Maybe the gift is a Dooney? ;-)

Second this question for anyone still at the expo. Really do not want to go back. At 10 am the 5k pickup area was trying to blow away.....

Incompetence confounds me and there is no other way to describe this entire expo than as incompetence run amok. I’m pretty sure that if it were my goal to devise the worst possible system for the expo that I couldn’t possibly come up with something worse than what runDisney has done here.

This is our fourth marathon weekend and this is by far the worst Expo experience we’ve ever had. Just incompetence and piss poor planning at every turn.

I got in the merch line at 2:45. I have no where else to be until 5, so I’m giving it a go. If I’m not at least approaching the front by 3:30 I’m out. I can’t come back another day, so this is my chance. This weekend is likely a one and done for me, so it’s worth a try.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest