Magic Kingdom What Would You Do Question?

Me personally, I would never watch MK fireworks outside the park....you're missing some of the greatest elements of the show that way!! The first timers deserve the full experience!! Book your FP for early that day and remember you can book single ones after your 3 are used up!! Crowds or not...you'll be fine!
I hear you, but... :o

I caught the fireworks from the Poly beach last month. Blown away. Completely. I was moved by the experience, with the music playing there and the beauty of the castle glowing across the lagoon.
First timers, for sure- it’s not right for them. But everyone else, try it sometime pixiedust:

I would definitely do MK 2 days - 1 of them being a party day so it will be less crowded and then maybe Saturday evening. This way your party can have time at MK when it is not that crowded. You can always go to the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks - you miss part of the show but there will be music.

I agree with @only hope - most people don't leave the park until 6 pm on party nights. I would make the most of a low crowd day and then head over to the Floridian, Contemporary or Poly to view the fireworks

I caught the fireworks from the Poly beach last month. Blown away. Completely. I was moved by the experience, with the music playing there and the beauty of the castle glowing across the lagoon.
First timers, for sure- it’s not right for them. But everyone else, try it sometime pixiedust:

Im too much of a picky person I guess because I can't just see the fireworks at Disney...I need to see Tinkerbell coming down that wire and all the beautiful projections and the story that's put together. Moves me to tears everytime.

I don’t think Tink flies for the Halloween fireworks. The fireworks are better from within the park, but there are benfits to watching from an alternate location with piped in music. No crowds is one; not needing to secure a place at least 30mn ahead of time is another. As long as you can see the castle, the view is spectacular from farther away. The fireworks look enourmous compared to the castle, unlike while you’re in the park.

I agree with @only hope - most people don't leave the park until 6 pm on party nights. I would make the most of a low crowd day and then head over to the Floridian, Contemporary or Poly to view the fireworks
This! MK on a Saturday night during party season in not magical! I love seeing HeA from outside the park. Amazing and relaxing.

This! MK on a Saturday night during party season in not magical! I love seeing HeA from outside the park. Amazing and relaxing.
A Saturday night during party season was one of my least magical experiences at Disney ever. I avoid that whenever possible now.
Im too much of a picky person I guess because I can't just see the fireworks at Disney...I need to see Tinkerbell coming down that wire and all the beautiful projections and the story that's put together. Moves me to tears everytime.
I totally get that. But I hate giving up the magic of a potentially less crowded day for it.
I would definitely do MK 2 days - 1 of them being a party day so it will be less crowded and then maybe Saturday evening. This way your party can have time at MK when it is not that crowded. You can always go to the beach at the Poly and watch the fireworks - you miss part of the show but there will be music.
2 days really is the best of both worlds.

Once again. Saturday is not the only option as a non-party night during the OP's visit. All this talk about Saturday night, but Monday night is an option as well.

Me personally, I would never watch MK fireworks outside the park....you're missing some of the greatest elements of the show that way!! The first timers deserve the full experience!!

Yes! First timers, see it in the park. Then if you have time to see it again, check out the fireworks from across the way. Hopping from Epcot to MK, I saw the fireworks on the ferry dock of the TTC. When you're further back from Magic Kingdom, the bursts are enormous in the skies over the park, and they shimmer in the waters of the Seven Seas Lagoon. You will not fully experience the projections, but it's still stunning.

Have to remember Monday is typically a busy day at MK too but most likely not as bad as Saturday. At least there's options

You should have at least five park days with those dates, no?
I am running into potentially planning for this but in Dec (Christmas party). I think I’d do two MK days - one on a party day for low crowds and then one non party day but go later and book the dessert party. If you can’t do two MK days I’d get hoppers and book the MK dessert party. I can’t imagine not seeing HEA.
I haven’t been to a party and would like to but I have two kids - one will be 7 in Dec and she would be fine but I also have a two year old and I am really doubting that he will be able to hang for the party bc of the late hours. I’m leaning towards not doing it bc of this.
Instead of a dessert party, book the MNSSHP for a few dollars more and you get way more for your money

Last time we did the party only. You get in at 4 (they let us in at 3:45) and I had booked 3 fast passes: SM, 7DMT and Splash. We had dinner while they cleared the park, and had a great party night. Went on everything we wanted, plus the parade and the Hocus Pocus event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter