Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

So, then I take back that WHOLE TL/ LOD comment! :rotfl: Maybe it's just my store that is so horrible! We have 2 TL's and one LOD who are actually good. The rest are corrupt, I tell you! :laughing: But in our itenerary, we have the naps all planned out since she's on such a specific schedule at home, so hopefully when we get to the World, she doesn't stray too much from that!

Thanks for following along! I'm so glad you like all of my crafts! Maybe we'll bump into you at MK! I still need to buy something lime green...:thumbsup2

Awww thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Reading your comment just made me so excited to go to POR and 1900 Park Fare! :banana: Do you have a preference on buildings at POR? I'm thinking Alligator Bayou, building 14 or 18.

We actually stayed in Alligator bayou in Bldg 16. It was very nice. Not a bad walk to the food court and the main pool. Thare was also a short cut, at least thats what we called it, to a bus stop that was closer than the main stop at the check in bldg. My daughters loved the slide at ol'man island and we always saw bunnys on our way to the food court. I tried to go a little cheaper and sugested POP, but they were having no part of it. We never ate at Boatrights (sp?) but the food court was always good. My kids loved the Mickey shaped waffles. Enjoy you trip!

So, then I take back that WHOLE TL/ LOD comment! :rotfl: Maybe it's just my store that is so horrible! We have 2 TL's and one LOD who are actually good. The rest are corrupt, I tell you! :laughing: But in our itenerary, we have the naps all planned out since she's on such a specific schedule at home, so hopefully when we get to the World, she doesn't stray too much from that!

Okay thanks for the retraction...:rotfl: That's great that you guys can stick to a schedule. We have not been so lucky...:confused3

We actually stayed in Alligator bayou in Bldg 16. It was very nice. Not a bad walk to the food court and the main pool. Thare was also a short cut, at least thats what we called it, to a bus stop that was closer than the main stop at the check in bldg. My daughters loved the slide at ol'man island and we always saw bunnys on our way to the food court. I tried to go a little cheaper and sugested POP, but they were having no part of it. We never ate at Boatrights (sp?) but the food court was always good. My kids loved the Mickey shaped waffles. Enjoy you trip!

This is great advice! I also suggested POP to my husband, but he wasn't too keen on the theming. I think we are going to love POR!

I just wanted to tell someone who won't roll their eyes that at this time in exactly four weeks I will be snuggled into my bed at POR while visions of Animal Kingdom rope drop ceremonies dance in my head!! :banana:

I've been telling people every time I look at the clock today, "At this time in exactly four weeks I will be...

...landing at the Orlando airport (approximately 10:00 AM while I was helping at the checklanes).

...checking into my resort (approximately 12:00 PM while I was in the office with one of my co-workers).

...touring Epcot (to anyone who would listen the rest of the day).

It's getting so real I can almost taste it!

It's supposed to be in the upper 70's for the next few days, and I am off work for four days!!!!!!! Wooo-hoooo! :woohoo:

I'm also considering getting a new Camry. Anyone have one? My DH decided he wants to sell his Dodge (see my first posting) and drive my Pilot so I can drive the new car. I'm supposed to be saving money since I booked our trip so I'm letting him think it's his decision...:rolleyes1 But who doesn't love that new car smell???? :car:

Well, I'll try to post some more pictures and trip details if I don't spend the next four days just sitting outside basking in the sun...

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful holiday weekend with their nearest and dearest!!

I just wanted to tell someone who won't roll their eyes that at this time in exactly four weeks I will be snuggled into my bed at POR while visions of Animal Kingdom rope drop ceremonies dance in my head!! :banana:

I've been telling people every time I look at the clock today, "At this time in exactly four weeks I will be...

...landing at the Orlando airport (approximately 10:00 AM while I was helping at the checklanes).

...checking into my resort (approximately 12:00 PM while I was in the office with one of my co-workers).

...touring Epcot (to anyone who would listen the rest of the day).

It's getting so real I can almost taste it!

You're exactly like me! I have all the times when we are doing things logged in my head and I keep telling EVERYONE!!! I wish everyone was as enthusiastic as us about it... sigh. What a fun world that would be. It's coming so close for both of us!! :woohoo:

I keep forgetting to say...YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL! I love the new ticker! Can you believe how soon we will be there???:banana:

I keep forgetting to say...YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL LITTLE GIRL! I love the new ticker! Can you believe how soon we will be there???:banana:

Awwww! Thanks! Your little lady is quite adorable too! I know! It's getting closer and closer! I can't wait to hear how your trip went (oh, and look at all the pics!:cool1:)

Sidenote: I went to the Dollar Spot in Target, and we had the Frommer's: Walt Disney World with Your Family 2010 guidebook! It was only $2.50! :banana::banana::banana: So, I freaked out and bought it and it's a great little pocketbook that has a bunch of little tips and locations and phone numbers for ressies and such. It also tells you the best places to see the fireworks, etc. It was good for me, because it had all of the places/rides that I wanted to experience, along with detailed info and height requirements of each ride. They also rated the rides, so just in case you haven't been to Disney since 1993 (like me!) you know which ones are a hit and a miss. I love this little book! Hopefully all of the Target's have it!:wizard:

Awwww! Thanks! Your little lady is quite adorable too! I know! It's getting closer and closer! I can't wait to hear how your trip went (oh, and look at all the pics!:cool1:)

Sidenote: I went to the Dollar Spot in Target, and we had the Frommer's: Walt Disney World with Your Family 2010 guidebook! It was only $2.50! :banana::banana::banana: So, I freaked out and bought it and it's a great little pocketbook that has a bunch of little tips and locations and phone numbers for ressies and such. It also tells you the best places to see the fireworks, etc. It was good for me, because it had all of the places/rides that I wanted to experience, along with detailed info and height requirements of each ride. They also rated the rides, so just in case you haven't been to Disney since 1993 (like me!) you know which ones are a hit and a miss. I love this little book! Hopefully all of the Target's have it!:wizard:

Oooooo :thumbsup2 I will have to check that out! But I'm not going in there today! I went yesterday and thought I was going to lose my mind! I'm going to stay home and enjoy my day off!

Oooooo :thumbsup2 I will have to check that out! But I'm not going in there today! I went yesterday and thought I was going to lose my mind! I'm going to stay home and enjoy my day off!

I know what you mean! I try my BEST not to go in there on my off days lol but since today is not an offday, I have to leave the Disboards and go clock in :guilty: Oh well!

Well, a wonderful four-day weekend is now coming to a close. Thursday I got my new Camry :cool1: spent a few hours at the park with my friend and our daughters, and washed the pixie-dusted Mickey tie dye shirt. Some of it did come off, but I haven't given up.

Friday my best friend came over with her kids and we watched Whip It while the little ones played. Great movie, I ended up buying it! :thumbsup2 Jilly and I went to the outlet mall to find some shorts (she has really grown since last year!! :scared1:) and she got to meet the Easter Bunny! She fell asleep on the way home and stayed asleep! :yay: While she snoozed I re-organized our food storage cabinet (exciting, I know) and then "pixie dusted" both of the Mickey tie dye shirts. We'll see how they turn out this time (after another 72 hour wait).

Saturday (yesterday) we had a lazy day and then we all headed to the mall with a couple of friends to find some shorts for Daddy (and a white tee that I plan to tie dye for myself) and had a yummy yummy dinner before heading home to put out some special Easter surprises!

Today we woke up in time for Jilly to find all of her eggs (and her basket, the last thing she found). We then went to my grandma's for a delicious brunch and an Easter Egg hunt with all the little ones. Later we headed to my in-laws for dinner. Our car was so packed when we came home you would have thought it was Christmas! :sad2: I'm excited to watch the Alice in Wonderland DVD my MIL bought since Jilly's never seen it and I haven't watched it in years!! :woohoo:

When we got home I decided I could not salivate over another review of Tonga Toast, so I went ahead and made an ADR for the last morning of our trip. I figured if we paid OOP for a late breakfast, we could use our last meal credit for a late lunch before heading back to POR to catch the Magical Express. The only other "planning" I did tonight was to fill out our luggage tag address inserts...

Congrats on the Camry!! :cool1:

Your weekend does sound like it was wonderful! Good luck on the new shirts!

I agree that tonga toast does look great! We won't be able to fit it in this trip so it's one of my excuses to get back to Disney soon! ;)

Sounds like a great Easter! We got way too much stuff with all my aunts and uncles and cousins, too. Bella also got Alice in Wonderland and we watched it yesterday. I had forgotten how strange in is! But still good. Bella really liked it. Did Jilly? I can't imagine how weird the new one must be.

Congrats on the Camry!! :cool1:

Your weekend does sound like it was wonderful! Good luck on the new shirts!

I agree that tonga toast does look great! We won't be able to fit it in this trip so it's one of my excuses to get back to Disney soon! ;)

It really was a great weekend! Of course, it still seemed like it was over too soon. Probably an indication of how our trip will be... :sad2:

Sounds like a great Easter! We got way too much stuff with all my aunts and uncles and cousins, too. Bella also got Alice in Wonderland and we watched it yesterday. I had forgotten how strange in is! But still good. Bella really liked it. Did Jilly? I can't imagine how weird the new one must be.

I ended up letting Jilly watch it on the portable DVD player while we ran errands last night. I guess she liked it because she wanted to watch it again today. :thumbsup2 We did see the new one, and we both loved it! Yes it was strange, but still incredibly enjoyable!!! :upsidedow I want to be the Mad Hatter for Halloween!!

:cool1:Congrats! on the new Camry!
sounds like you guys had a very full weekend! we did not do as big an Easter as we normally do. but, still way too much stuff/candy.

Have a great week!

:cool1:Congrats! on the new Camry!
sounds like you guys had a very full weekend! we did not do as big an Easter as we normally do. but, still way too much stuff/candy.

Have a great week!

Thanks! We really love the Camry! For a "base model" it has a lot of great features, and it's sooo nice to drive!

You have a great week as well, and keep counting down the days!!! :banana:

I thought I would share a few pics from our Easter weekend:

Preparing to decorate some eggs...
24142_1418599472877_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418599552879_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418599592880_1469365857_3109.jpg

The egg & basket hunt on Easter morning...
24142_1418599872887_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600272897_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600312898_1469365857_3109.jpg

Going through the Easter basket...
24142_1418600552904_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600632906_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600752909_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600872912_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418600912913_1469365857_3109.jpg

Here are a few more Easter pics from my Grandma's house:

The BIG Easter Egg Hunt!!

24142_1418601112918_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418601192920_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418603192970_1469365857_3109.jpg

24142_1418603712983_1469365857_3109.jpg

Our family picture:
24142_1418604112993_1469365857_3109.jpg

I accidentally knocked Mickey over when we took this picture. I'm glad I did though because we found an unclaimed egg with...

24142_1418604152994_1469365857_3109.jpg

A dollar!! Yay for Disney money!!!

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a blast! Jilly is so adorable! I love her face when she's holding the dollar:yay:

And congrats on the Camry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter