Magic in the Bayou...POR April 28-May 3

I think I was reading someone else's PTR and saw that they did one. I googled "mickey tie dye" and the first hit was something from Creative DISigns. The thread had great step-by-step instructions with lots of pictures! :yay:

Oh okay, thanks girl! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

Oh okay, thanks girl! I'm definitely going to have to give this a try!

You really should! It was a lot of fun! But here's a tip...don't get so excited to start dying the shirt that you forget to put on gloves. :sad2:

disneystuff024.jpg

I thought I would post some of the Disney stuff I've been collecting for our trip:

disneystuff030.jpg

First up is the autograph book. I had my aunt order the official "Walt Disney World Resort Princess Autograph Book and Photo Album" from the Disney Store with her employee discount, so it was 30% off! :banana:

I got the retractable Sharpies from ebay. I thought they would be easier for the characters to grasp, and I like the bright colors.

disneystuff037.jpg

Next is the rhinestone tiara. My friend gave her this for her birthday, and I believe she got it from ebay. I probably won't bring this to Disney but I might get her pictures taken in her Cinderella dress wearing it (at a local studio).

The Tinkerbell necklace I found on ebay. I think it was $3.99 with S&H. I couldn't pass it up!

disneystuff038.jpg

The next thing I am very very VERY excited about...:banana: It's a Mickey-shaped MP3 player with lanyard headphones! Again, an ebay purchase. It's 4GB and it was around $15 with S&H. I also ordered a package of 10 protective sleeves (assorted colors) for about $3.99 from a different seller.

disneystuff040.jpg

Next is a set of Disney Princess combs for Jilly to bring to the BBB (since you have to bring your own). I actually ordered these off of ebay as well (about $5, new in package) but I let my sister give them to her for her birthday.

disneystuff039.jpg

disneystuff004.jpg

After that is a Princess lanyard wallet. I purchased it from a website (http://www.disneysmilesstore.com/shop/) and I think it was around $10 with S&H. Next to the lanyard is a toddler Tinkerbell pin that my friend found on ebay. She figured it would be a perfect compliment to the set of toddler Princess pins I ordered from ebay (about $15)!

disneystuff041.jpg

And last there is a light-up Cinderella figurine from Target ($3?) and Cinderella sunglasses from Kroger ($4?). The doll is on a necklace, and I thought it would be really cute to wear during Spectro and Fantasmic!

disneystuff042.jpg

She received the combs, Tinkerbell necklace, tiara, Cinderella glasses, and Tinkerbell pin as birthday gifts. The toddler Princess pins and Cinderella figurine will be in her Easter basket, along with a copy of the Disney Mania 7 CD (Target, on sale this week for $9.98). The autograph book, Sharpies, and MP3 player I am going to give her the night before our trip. Today I gave her a "Special Surprise" since she was a good listener at dance class. It was the Princess lanyard wallet:

disneystuff049.jpg

disneystuff054.jpg

Super cute stuff! I work at Target and we have all this great Disney stuff in One Spot! I've been reading your thread and have gotten so many tips from you! I am taking DD2 to WDW for her 3rd birthdya in October, and we are staying at POFQ, so tell me how it is! Great pre-planning!:banana:

Super cute stuff! I work at Target and we have all this great Disney stuff in One Spot! I've been reading your thread and have gotten so many tips from you! I am taking DD2 to WDW for her 3rd birthdya in October, and we are staying at POFQ, so tell me how it is! Great pre-planning!:banana:

I work at Target too! Go us! :banana::banana: I bet you're going to have so much fun! I would love to go to the MNSSHP!

Congrats on your first post! Thanks for stopping by my PTR!

OMG what adorable Disney stuff you've collected! I want ALL of it. I love posts like this. Ah, shopping. :cloud9:

Smart move on the retractable Sharpies by the way. I never thought of that but it will be totally easier for the characters!

I work at Target too! Go us! :banana::banana: I bet you're going to have so much fun! I would love to go to the MNSSHP!

Congrats on your first post! Thanks for stopping by my PTR!

Oh, the joys of being Fast, Fun, and Friendly! :rotfl: But, I hope MNSSHP won't be to much for DD! I've heard they have zombies and the "undead" there, so hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed! I'm anxiously waiting to make ADR's and the likes, and wanted to know where you got your countdown clocks?

Oh what I wouldn't give to have my daughter young enough to buy princess stuff for again. Everything that you have is just so cute.

Do you still have the link to the thread that has instructions for making the tie-dyed Mickey shirt? Your shirt came out so good that I'm thinking about making one for myself. I'll have to leave off the glitter though 'cause my husband absolutely HATES glitter.

OMG what adorable Disney stuff you've collected! I want ALL of it. I love posts like this. Ah, shopping. :cloud9:

Smart move on the retractable Sharpies by the way. I never thought of that but it will be totally easier for the characters!

My husband keeps asking me every time a package arrives, "How much have you been spending on ebay?" and I respond with, "Just a few bucks here and there." :rolleyes1

Oh, the joys of being Fast, Fun, and Friendly! :rotfl: But, I hope MNSSHP won't be to much for DD! I've heard they have zombies and the "undead" there, so hopefully she won't be too overwhelmed! I'm anxiously waiting to make ADR's and the likes, and wanted to know where you got your countdown clocks?

Oh yes, the joy! I was cringing earlier when I saw that my friend's facebook status was "OMG!!!! They are everywhere!!! Crazy crazy busy!!!" Guess it's going to be a long night, especially since we have a big visit tomorrow! Sigh...:sad2:

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween. I got my countdown clock from http://www.mickeypath.com/

Oh what I wouldn't give to have my daughter young enough to buy princess stuff for again. Everything that you have is just so cute.

Do you still have the link to the thread that has instructions for making the tie-dyed Mickey shirt? Your shirt came out so good that I'm thinking about making one for myself. I'll have to leave off the glitter though 'cause my husband absolutely HATES glitter.

Here you go: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1210609

And you do mean "pixie dust" don't you??? :rotfl:

Oh yes, the joy! I was cringing earlier when I saw that my friend's facebook status was "OMG!!!! They are everywhere!!! Crazy crazy busy!!!" Guess it's going to be a long night, especially since we have a big visit tomorrow! Sigh...:sad2:

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween.

Thanks, I finally figured it out! lol But yeah, don't we all love those visits that leave you doing EVERYTHING while TL's and LOD's do NOTHING! I go into work in a few hours for a closing shift in Softlines! I swear my day couldn't be better:eek: I'll just have to think great Disney thoughts while zoning:cloud9:

I was thinking of taking her to BBB then to CRT for dinner while the parade was happening, then afterwards let her do the whole trick or treating thing...hmm. I wonder how that will work out for me?:confused:

Oh, LOVE the mickey Mouse MP3 player. I will be getting one of those before I leave for work!:banana:

Great Princess stuff! princess: Girls are so fun to buy for!!

The tie dye shirt came out beautiful! The pixie dust just made it! (Sorry about your hands though, but that would totally be me too!:rolleyes1)

Awesome Job! on both the shirts! love the snap idea to change the flower, bow, etc...
looks like Jilly scored with all the loot!
:wave2:

I think there is something for everyone...after all, it is Disney, even at Halloween.

Thanks, I finally figured it out! lol But yeah, don't we all love those visits that leave you doing EVERYTHING while TL's and LOD's do NOTHING!

Hey, that hurts! Since I am a TL and an LOD!!! :rotfl: We did a 33% increase over goal tonight and I worked my butt off for 9 hours! Seriously why do people have to unfold every shirt on every table? And where do all those missing bathing suit pieces go? :confused3
I go into work in a few hours for a closing shift in Softlines! I swear my day couldn't be better:eek: I'll just have to think great Disney thoughts while zoning:cloud9:

I don't just think Disney thoughts, I talk about them. My entire team knows the details of my itinerary!

I was thinking of taking her to BBB then to CRT for dinner while the parade was happening, then afterwards let her do the whole trick or treating thing...hmm. I wonder how that will work out for me?:confused:

That sounds like a lot of fun! Yes it will be a busy day, but schedule your appointment later in the day so you can go back to the resort for a nap first.

Oh, LOVE the mickey Mouse MP3 player. I will be getting one of those before I leave for work!:banana:

I know I want one for myself too!

Great Princess stuff! princess: Girls are so fun to buy for!!

The tie dye shirt came out beautiful! The pixie dust just made it! (Sorry about your hands though, but that would totally be me too!:rolleyes1)

Thanks! I'm getting all kinds of ideas for other ones...this could be a new addiction! :laughing:

Awesome Job! on both the shirts! love the snap idea to change the flower, bow, etc...
looks like Jilly scored with all the loot!
:wave2:

She sure did! There are other things that I haven't posted pictures of yet, mostly clothes. Those are coming soon, I promise!

Hi Jen! I'm finally all caught up! Your plans look great! Looks like our only overlap is possibly Saturday 5/1 at MK. Maybe we'll cross paths!

I love both the flower shirt & the tie dye! I like how you added the pixie dust!! :thumbsup2

Great job on the birthday cake! I'm really impressed with how it came out.

Hi,
I love reading your PTR. It gets me so excited for my trip. We will be there the same time as you. We are going 4/28-5/05 and we are also staying at POR. We went last year and now my older daughter wont stay any where else. The resort is beautiful!!! We loved 1900 park fare when we went last year. We are going again. We had 6 table service meals last time and it was my favorite. We liked it better than breakfast at the Castle. The food at 1900 is so good, and the characters are wonderful. My daughters fell inlove:love: with Prince Charming! I look forward to reading more. It gets me excited about my trip!

Hi Jen! I'm finally all caught up! Your plans look great! Looks like our only overlap is possibly Saturday 5/1 at MK. Maybe we'll cross paths!

I love both the flower shirt & the tie dye! I like how you added the pixie dust!! :thumbsup2

Great job on the birthday cake! I'm really impressed with how it came out.

Thanks for following along! I'm so glad you like all of my crafts! Maybe we'll bump into you at MK! I still need to buy something lime green...:thumbsup2

Hi,
I love reading your PTR. It gets me so excited for my trip. We will be there the same time as you. We are going 4/28-5/05 and we are also staying at POR. We went last year and now my older daughter wont stay any where else. The resort is beautiful!!! We loved 1900 park fare when we went last year. We are going again. We had 6 table service meals last time and it was my favorite. We liked it better than breakfast at the Castle. The food at 1900 is so good, and the characters are wonderful. My daughters fell inlove:love: with Prince Charming! I look forward to reading more. It gets me excited about my trip!

Awww thanks! I'm glad you're enjoying it! Reading your comment just made me so excited to go to POR and 1900 Park Fare! :banana: Do you have a preference on buildings at POR? I'm thinking Alligator Bayou, building 14 or 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter