Lulu201's Healthy Living Log (comments welcome!)

Ok, here it is Monday, July 5. . .

Plan for today:

1. Take the vitamins
2. Drink--all day
3. Get out there and walk!
4. Eat in a healthy way. So far I've had 5 points.

I've got some things to do with the music theater camp. Will make something special for dinner today in honor of the 5th of July.:p

I've gotta get walking before it gets too hot; I'll check back in later.

Erin

Edit #1

Hi, Tracy! Thanks for stopping in. I always like reading your cheerful posts.

1. I guess I took the vitamins; I had them out but can't find them now, so I guess I took them without thinking.:confused:
2. Am drinking the day away. . .water, that is.:p
3. Walked 6.25 miles (not bad for TOM); it took about 110 minutes. A little below pace, but it was hot and humid. Completing the walk was enough of a victory for me.
4. With lunch, snack of fruit and juice (after walk), and breakfast, I'm looking at a midday total of 18. Walking gave me 6 AP. I have 10 left for dinner. Might save 2 points for a skinny cow.:p

I'm trying to figure out how to eat after I walk longer distances. I have carb cravings and know I have to give in to that to a certain extent, but I don't want to have foods that trigger cravings.

My walking goal is to walk a total of 20 miles this week with longer walks (at least 4 miles) on Wed. and Fri. I'm going to try to get them in early, though. I finished today around noon, and that felt too late in the day.

Plans have changed: meeting in-laws for dinner out. Guess I'll nap on my way there.:p Off for a couple of groceries first. . .

Erin

Hi Erin!:wave2:
Your plan today sounds like a good one! ::yes:: I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing day today. ::yes:: Take care!

Tracy::yes::

Tuesday, July 6. . .

Plan for the day:

1. vitamins
2. water
3. exercise
4. EATING WITHIN THE POINTS! This has been so hard for me lately. I did fine yesterday until I got home from my in-laws and then I did some stress-release eating--not good. Could've been worse, but definitely should've been better!

Food plan:

b--oatmeal and coffee=5 (done)
s--fresh fruit salad=1
l--sandwich on lite bread=5
pickle=0
d--taco bell, 2 chicken taco supreme=10
s--veggies=0
s--coffee and meringue cookies=3
s--skinny cow=2
Total points=26

Lots of planned treats in there, but I'm not sweating it. If I can stick to the plan for the day, I'll feel better and in more control.

Lots to do today: music theater prep, walking, some house cleaning, lessons, choir rehearsal, get DD to friend's house. Busy!

:sunny: and :D for the day!
Erin

I need awhile to read through your whole journal so instead I will just ask you. How long have you been doing WW? How is it working for you? I know some people that did so well on it. I did ok, but it was very slow going. I didn't like going to the meetings but was ok counting and keeping track of my own points. I still have all the books, etc. I may reread through some of it.:D

Erin it sounds like you have a good plan for today! It is hard to get back into the groove of things (I've been struggeling with that myself). How about we make a pact - cheat free today! Come on girl I know I need to do it and I KNOW that you CAN do it. We'll get through today and then tomorrow will be easier!

~Amanda

Hi Erin,

Your plan looks great today. I'm going to ask another question. What is a Skinny Cow? May I make a suggestion about you after workout snack. Try fruit and a piece of cheese or fruit/peanut butter. The fruit should satify the need for carbs, and the cheese/peanut butter will slow digestion somewhat so you don't spike blood sugar quite so much. Have a great day.
Beth

I hope your plan went well yesterday, in spite of your hectic schedule. I was sending you happy thoughts all day!

I've been doing lots of walking lately, getting ready for a 10 mile hike!! ;) I hope your training is going well, too!

Have a wonderful day, WISH-sis Erin! :sunny:

- Doreen

Thursday, July 8, 2004

Yesterday was not the best of days. I woke up on the wrong side of the bed with lots on my mind, and it took me almost until 2 p.m. to find my happy self!:p I've just been so discouraged about my eating habits and the weight I've been gaining back:( .
I wasn't cheat free on Tuesday, Amanda, and so I just avoided yesterday all together.

Today, though, I'm in a better place. Today I will be cheat free. Tomorrow, who knows? Today, though, I will eat within the points. My self esteem is screaming for it; I don't feel good about myself right now. My compulsive eating is gnawing at me constantly, but today I'm going to send it packing! JUST SAY NO is my motto for today: no to trigger foods, no to sweets, no to foods that are too difficult to figure out the points for!

Wilderness: Fortunately, that doesn't include skinny cows!:p Skinny Cows, are yummy lowfat ice cream sandwiches worth 2 points. They're made by a company called Silhouette (sp?). Do a search on Skinny Cows and they're website will probably turn up. They'll send you coupons if you register with them. The coupons are good things because S. Cows aren't cheap, but they're terrific! The ones in my freezer are chocolate peanut butter; mmmmmmm!:p

You asked about my WW history. I've been on weight watchers on and off since 1992 with varying degrees of success. Last June I decided to lose weight using the WW ideas, but without going to meetings (I've given them so much money over the years, I could've paid off DDs college education!:p ). On my own, and then with WISH I lost a total of 43 lbs., going from a 16-18 to a size 10 (with an occasional 8;) ). Now I'm more of a 10-12 and fighting to lose what I've regained. Anyway, WW is one of the keys to any success I've had, but it's certainly not the whole enchilada. First in line is my faith--it's only with God's help that I can even attempt to get a sense of direction on this journey. Second is the wonderful support from the WISH, especially my WISH-sis Doreen and special friends old (MeMe, Amanda, Beth, Nancy, Lisa C. and Lisa Z., Tracy, Steph, Marcia, DizMare) and new (like you, Wilderness :D ). The plan--WW points--is third on the list, but for me, this is the best way to go. It seems to me that counting something--whether it's carbs or calories or points--is what most people have to do to keep track of their food. If I can be thin and comfortable living with points, then that's what I'm going to do.

In January, I tried to go back to WW meetings, but what I found was really discouraging. I saw the same people at the same weight from the last time I'd been there (Spring 2002); I didn't fit there anymore. I've also tried the on-line system. What has worked the best for me is having a points calculator and doing it on my own with WISH support and daily (and sometimes minute by minute:D ) prayer.

Have to go walk; I'll check in later. . .
Erin

My dear WISH-sis Erin, how is it that you and I seem to be so connected??? Some days it's uncanny!!

Your words today could be my words also:

I've just been so discouraged about my eating habits and the weight I've been gaining back .

a size 10 (with an occasional 8 ). Now I'm more of a 10-12 and fighting to lose what I've regained

I've got tears in my eyes - I know how I'm feeling about myself at the moment and I hope you are not feeling the same, though I suspect you are. :(

We ARE healthier than we've been in the past. We know more about ourselves than we've ever known before. Our journey is ongoing but I'm sure we are both on the right path.

Know that I'm walking with you today, WISH-sis. We deserve to walk with our heads held high, for success is not always measured in pounds and inches. More often, success is measured in how often we refuse to just lay there after falling. You and I, Erin, will continue to get back up and try again, learning more and more each time, helping each other and all our WISH friends along the way.

:hug:
Doreen

Sweetie that is okay! I wasn't exactly perfect either! I hear the determination in your post and I know you are going to be cheat free today. Just keep your head up, shoulders back, and march back into you healthy habbits. If you are going to go grocery shopping any time soon I suggest only picking up items that are on plan. What has changed for you in the last 3 months? Why are you unable to get back on track - that is what I've been focusing on at home and I have found it a bit easier to get back in the swing of things.

Also start working out again. Working out gives you the motivation ot eat healthy.

Sweetie you are still an inspiration to me with the weight that you have lost. It is just amazing! You are still and always will be a princess:

~Amanda

:hug: Erin,

You are healthier than you were when you started this journey. You are a success. The thing that makes you a success is that you don't give up. You have been struggling for the past few months, but you continue to fight. You have healthy days, and some not-so-healthy days. The healthy days outnumber the bad ones. You are an inspiration to me. You have struggles, and you are honest about them. That honesty and your faith will get you through this time. You will get back OP and stay there. I have faith in YOU. In the meantime, we are all here to help you. We will listen, support, and cheer you on.
:hug:
Beth

Oh, gee, you guys, now I'm crying. Thank you for your kind words and support. You know I love you all. :grouphug: I don't know about being an inspiration to anyone, but I do know that I won't give up. Ever. This is my life struggle and I'm going to wrestle it forever--never giving up.

Amanda, I'm not sure why I've had such a struggle these past few months--since March 28th to be exact:p --but I'm going to spend some time thinking about it. I think a chunk of it initially was stress-related and now it's just food related. I like to eat. I like to eat yummy things. I get tired of the same old stuff (except for my morning oatmeal :p ). That said, though, I don't like being this heavy, and I hate struggling with the issue of eating.

I'm beginning to feel like a failure. I know all the positives and the great changes that I've made, but when I get up in the morning and vow to eat in a healthy way, I have a STRONG sense of doubt about it--like I know the food is really bigger than me and that it's an empty promise. I have to work on this feeling and I have to discipline myself so that I can know success again, so that I can WANT success again and celebrate a cheat free day.
Seeing the scale move upward is scaring me to death.

Doreen, we know that we're in this together with our WISH friends. We know that we're WISH-sisters because that's the way it's supposed to be.:D We'll continue this journey--and its detours--to the best of our ability, one day at a time.

Beth, your day-to-day stick-to-it-ive-ness makes me believe that I really can do it. Thank you for being in the circle of compassion that helps me.

So, ladies, enough of my moaning. (Hearing myself complain instead of "doing" is something I don't have any more time for.) Here's how the day is going:

b--oatmeal concoction with coffee. 5
s--one slice of 7 grain lite bread, 1 tbsp. pb, and 1 cup fresh fruit salad after 3.75 mile walk 3.5
w--two small glasses
v--took my vitamins

Well, I've made it until 11:45 a.m.--with more than a little help from my friends. :p

Onward to a cheat free day,
Erin

Edit #1: lunch was yogurt and wheatables=5

"No one can make you feel inferior without your permission" - Eleanor Roosevelt

Do not let food make you feel inferior!

~Amanda

:cool1: I did it, I did it. I did it, yes, I did it!

July 9, 2004--167 lbs.

Just a little happy song to start the day! I made it cheat free and it feels like quite a celebration! Now, though, I'm looking at a brand new day and I have to get a handle on it so I can taste the sweet yumminess of success again!::yes::

Today's plan of action:

1. Take my vitamins
2. Drink water constantly all day!
3. Exercise: I've walked 11.25 miles so far this week. Today I have to get in a 3.75 or a 5 miler to stay on schedule (I want to take Sunday off in prep for a 7.5 on Monday).
4. Food: b--oatmeal and coffee=5, s after walk--fruit and 1/2 pb sandwich=3.5, l at the shore--pizza=18, s--various veggies=0, skinny cow or water ice= 2 or 3 point

Today's going to be tricky because we'll be at the shore, aka The Land of Boardwalk Goodies. Pizza and a water ice should do the trick.

Thank you, WISH-friends, for helping me through yesterday. Now, if I can just get through today! It's my goal to be cheat and binge free. I have to give myself a few extra points because of it being Friday at the Shore, but I don't want to go overboard. I'm going to write everything down in my little WW book; hopefully I can stay on track--just for today.

Onward and downward,
Pound by pound.
Onward and downward,
No messing around!

Erin

Hi Lulu-
I just read the last couple pages and I read your 1st entry also- You are doing great- Don't be discouraged- everyone's weight loss journey has its ups and downs and stagnant pauses... overall you have done VERY well and you will continue to do so-
Good luck at the boardwalk! I will be at the boards in OC, MD this weekend and I know how tough it can be!
Mary
:D

Hope you enjoy your day at the beach! Wiggle your toes in the water for me, OK?? There's nothing like a walk along the shore in bare feet! I'm closing my eyes and relaxing, just thinking about it!

Enjoy a beautiful day of healthy living! :sunny:

Erin enjoy the boardwalk but avoid the food! Have a great time with your family and enjoy the sand and surf.

Way to go on being cheat free yesterday!:bounce: It will make it much easier to get through today!

~Amanda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter