Loving the new style!

Overall, the look is ok, but I really dislike following the trend of circular avatars, and especially initials in circles. It’s a fad, and a not very useful one. To be honest, I don’t recall whether the previous version used square or circular avatars, but most images don’t crop well to circles. And the colored initials are just plain distracting. I was quite content with the default gray scale arrow of Mars/mirror of Venus. I really don’t like calling attention to myself with this big oversized letter G as I type this, and in general don’t care for these large colored splotches that distract from the text without being useful.

Overall, the look is ok, but I really dislike following the trend of circular avatars, and especially initials in circles. It’s a fad, and a not very useful one. To be honest, I don’t recall whether the previous version used square or circular avatars, but most images don’t crop well to circles. And the colored initials are just plain distracting. I was quite content with the default gray scale arrow of Mars/mirror of Venus. I really don’t like calling attention to myself with this big oversized letter G as I type this, and in general don’t care for these large colored splotches that distract from the text without being useful.

One can always just upload a blank avatar and that goes away. I've found that there are a lot of default avatars that use a single or two initials - especially various Google-operated websites.

I'm noticing a few things I'll probably miss. I preferred to quote outside sources by indenting. That way if someone quoted me it wouldn't disappear since the board software doesn't allow nested quotes.

Strike that. I can do it manually, but it's not available in the menu bar.

Apparently I can indent.
Including multiple indentations.​

Is there a way to search for a specific thread from the past, where you know a unique word or a few unique words? Like if I posted some time in the past with the word 'Chicago' in the post, or title, and wanted to find it again?

Anyone know what "reaction score" is supposed to be?

Hover over the <Like> button with your mouse, and some faces will appear above it.
What if you don't have a mouse? Don't know about my options, but there seems to be much I can't access on my Fire :(
:confused3 Not me, so much. Does anybody know if there's a way to change the colour themes? Mine displays as grey on darker grey and there's not much contrast between the background and the text. I'd definitely brighten it up if I could.
Scroll way, way, way down. Choice of about six themes. I strongly miss the "dark" theme I looked.
To be honest, I don’t recall whether the previous version used square or circular avatars,
Square, poor maybe a bit rectangular. My avatar is a painting I did. Definitely no it circular :)

Is there a way to search for a specific thread from the past, where you know a unique word or a few unique words? Like if I posted some time in the past with the word 'Chicago' in the post, or title, and wanted to find it again?

Dan, there is a Disboaerds Search in the upper right corner. But, i find it usually doesn't bring up enough entries.

So, this is what I do. I use Google Search instead. This link BELOW searches only the disboards.com site. (Bookmark it for future use.)

LINK: Disboards.com ONLY search

In the Google search box, enter the keywords you want and leave a space before what's there -> site:http://www.disboards.com/

If you are looking for a post you wrote, add the words Dan Murphy. So your search in the Google search box would be:

Dan Murphy Chicago site:http://www.disboards.com/

Last edited:
....:scratchin...and how come it doesn't show the number of posts anymore?

At first glance I'm not a fan of the look, I think it's all the white space maybe? It hurts my eyes to look at. But no biggie, I'll adapt, change is usually good in the long run.
If you click on Default Main at the bottom of the page you can make some changes. Default Medium goes to gray instead of bright white.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter