LL Premier Pass is here!

But they could offer a few more VQs for lines that are going to be over 3 hours during Christmas week. They could easily spread out crowds if they offered it for FOP.
But then the lines would be even longer. People in a VQ and in another standby line elsewhere.

We can still react and have a discussion on a WDW related forum.

I wish there was more communication (at least a 3 month notice). It’s way too close to the holidays to drop this holiday magic on our wallets.
For sure. Have discussions about it. I just think some are way overreacting to it. It’s not a requirement to purchase the premier pass.

I’m not sure why there are so many people upset by this. I personally don’t think it will have an impact on lines because
#1 I can’t see many people buying it, the value isnt there. Unless they have limited time, it’s cheaper to add an extra day AND stay at Deluxe resort if you are more than a party of 2.
#2 these people were already purchasing multipass and individual LL so there won’t be any extra people in line that weren’t already there before.
3. I can’t see it being used at AK at all and personally, probably ly not Epcot. Heck, I don’t think Multipass is needed for these 2 parks if done right.
I just don’t see where it will affect my stay or my experience. I hope not anyway

Last edited:
#2 these people were already purchasing max pass and individual LL so there won’t be any extra people in line that weren’t already there before.
That's not really something you can say. We only get to WDW about every 5 or 6 years, did we purchase MP in 2019 at DL? Yeah (well 5 out of the 6 total days in 2019). Did we purchase Genie+ in 2022 at WDW? No and part of that was because we were there for a wedding and we would be touring with friends for portions of the trip where it was not as easy to utilize Genie+. Did we buy DPA (Disney Premier Pass) at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea? Without hesitation we did although they allow you to purchase for the same attraction if you want which was more attractive. If I went frequently enough I would still purchase it there in Japan because the lines are simply too long without them.

Would we purchase this newer product at WDW whenever we get back? Hmm IDK it's more about what it is, what it gets me and how it's been working if I would purchase it or not. MK seems like the park that would be worth it more due to the number of attractions but then again we've gone enough so it could come down to if we thought we were going on a really busy time.

As with many facets of the trip over the years that Disney has released something that costs something just who does it and how frequently they opt to purchase that depends.

This newer product takes you more to what Universal has, a watered down once-through EP, but it's more akin to that. I could see people who aren't as disgruntled with Disney but wish they had more of what Universal has and opting to purchase this newer product because it speaks to one of the most wanted features of EP which is you just walk up to the line with no planning. If anything I would say the people who are like this would be more the ones to utilize this newer product who were NOT using Genie+/ILL, Multi-lane LL and Single-lane LL because the present way has planning and time schedules and the like involved. There's the other group who won't purchase based on price even if they like the no planning feature but others who are fine with the price could.

For years treated all guests, once they entered the park the same.

All guests ARE the same. With a park admission ticket, you can ride all of the rides you want. It's the guest who decides, by purchasing LL or this new pass, that they want to be treated different.

Remember - a long time ago it was standard that you HAD to make choices based on cost, regardless. Park admission back then was just that - it got you through the gate. You wanted to ride the rides? You needed to buy a ticket book that had tickets of varying values assigned. I still remember it. You want to ride the 'big' and more exciting rides? Gonna cost you more in paper tickets...the old phrase "E-ticket ride" because the E tickets had the highest dollar amount assigned to them. You could 'create' the equivalent of an E ticket if you combined some of your A's, B's, C's, etc. Those who wanted to ride E ticket rides multiple times usually ended up having to buy more than one ticket book. Moving to a 'pay one price' made it a lot easier to do exactly what you wanted without having to juggle ticket books.

So a DW vs Universal price difference is pretty high I would think. DW- $400 for a night at a Deluxe, then say $300 for each member of a four person family= $1600.

Universal- $400 for a night at a Deluxe?
$400 for all four members of the family. Am I missing something?

Nope - not missing anything. Now I am no expert at the pricing of Universal Deluxe rooms but when we stayed at Portofino Bay this past June it felt pretty empty. I wondered why, and was told by staff that there are a lot of folks that will book a throwaway reservation for one night only and never check in. One night gets you two days of EP access, so booking a room for four can be far cheaper than buying the EP outright.

Sounds a lot like what people would do when free dining could be had with a reservation at Ft. Wilderness...book a throwaway site and never use it, just to get the free plan.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest