LL Premier Pass is here!

Every slot sold as LL,$LL,LLPP etc is one slot less available to guests who think their ticket price is the total price they are expected to say. Guests who want to ride a lot of attractions, busy day, need to budget extra $$$.

For years treated all guests, once they entered the park the same.
Pretty much every other park upsells a “skip the line” option. Why should Disney be any different? They are a business and want to make $, plus a lot of people will pay for convenience.

We know that the LLanes slows down the stand by lines, but could this new pass combined with the LLanes bring the stand by lines to a screeching halt during the busier times?

We know that the LLanes slows down the stand by lines, but could this new pass combined with the LLanes bring the stand by lines to a screeching halt during the busier times?
Doubt it. Most of the people who will buy the PP would have also bought the other passes…. It also sounds like it will be very limited, so I guess we will see.

Pretty much every other park upsells a “skip the line” option. Why should Disney be any different? They are a business and want to make $, plus a lot of people will pay for convenience.
I don't know of any other park that doesn't do this, to be fair.

Reactions: rlk
Outside of this forum, reactions I've seen have not been as positive.

WDW is now perceived as overpriced and getting worse. Magic Express is still sorely missed. Fastpass is still missed.

Many of the rides in MK are 50 years old. Meanwhile, Universal will soon be opening a whole new park with all new rides. WDW is further monetizing long waits. It is an odd contrast.
I just don’t get it. Do people think this is their only option and that’s why they are upset? Or are people upset they can’t afford it and want it? Much like first class. I’m not upset that others buy it, spend your money on what you want.

I just don’t get it. Do people think this is their only option and that’s why they are upset? Or are people upset they can’t afford it and want it? Much like first class. I’m not upset that others buy it, spend your money on what you want.
For me it's the perceived value vs direct competitors like Universal. I definitely prefer being able to get unlimited express included with a deluxe resort over there, it's a great deal. Even paying for unlimited express at UO, it's still a better value than PP at MK because you can go on rides multiple times, with the exception of Hagrid's rollercoaster. To get that at WDW you have to book a private tour. UO has been at a disadvantage with only two gates, but that's about to change. Once Epic Universe opens, WDW might have to get more competitive with their pricing or even consider bringing back old perks or promotions, like free dining.

I think perception is a large part of it. Specifically WDW they spent a lot of marketing time talking about 3 fastpasses included in your park ticket even my on-site stay brochure from 2017 mentioned it multiple times in only a few pages. For WDW it's only been 3 years since a paid system came about and the cost has rapidly changed and now this which is fairly high. While DLR had MaxPass since 2017 they also had free FP along side it and MP had some minor advantages. You could still tour the parks with a free get ahead of the line product even while there was a paid one.

For many parks they've been operating for a long time with a paid system and the public relative to their customer base are more used to it. My regional park has had one since 2012. But the kicker also is Disney seems to be the only company that is constantly changing what they have, usually increasing pricing and just being confusing with confusing rules. Majority of other parks tend to not be like this.

Generally people, at least on the DIS and I don't think as many general public were aware of them, viewed VIP tours as neutral because the effect to the general public small. This new system is basically a caste system within the LL product. Limited or not Disney has to balance inventory between LL times given to people who buy this newer product and ones who buy LLMP and LLSP. There still is only so much hourly capacity to a ride and having a hybrid system where there's more unpredictability to when someone will show up should/will IMO have an impact on how they allocate LL return times.

For me it's the perceived value vs direct competitors like Universal. I definitely prefer being able to get unlimited express included with a deluxe resort over there, it's a great deal. Even paying for unlimited express at UO, it's still a better value than PP at MK because you can go on rides multiple times, with the exception of Hagrid's rollercoaster. To get that at WDW you have to book a private tour. UO has been at a disadvantage with only two gates, but that's about to change. Once Epic Universe opens, WDW might have to get more competitive with their pricing or even consider bringing back old perks or promotions, like free dining.
Oh yes, I get that want for it to be included with Disney deluxe resorts, but that won’t happen. There is way more Disney despise resorts than the 3 universal has. Way too many people would be eligible. Plus, they can probably sell it, so why give it away for free? My understanding is that was Uni’s agreement with the 3 resorts was to get them in and they would end that free express pass if they could (they aren’t adding it to their new deluxe hotel)

I think perception is a large part of it. Specifically WDW they spent a lot of marketing time talking about 3 fastpasses included in your park ticket even my on-site stay brochure from 2017 mentioned it multiple times in only a few pages. For WDW it's only been 3 years since a paid system came about and the cost has rapidly changed and now this which is fairly high. While DLR had MaxPass since 2017 they also had free FP along side it and MP had some minor advantages. You could still tour the parks with a free get ahead of the line product even while there was a paid one.

For many parks they've been operating for a long time with a paid system and the public relative to their customer base are more used to it. My regional park has had one since 2012. But the kicker also is Disney seems to be the only company that is constantly changing what they have, usually increasing pricing and just being confusing with confusing rules. Majority of other parks tend to not be like this.

Generally people, at least on the DIS and I don't think as many general public were aware of them, viewed VIP tours as neutral because the effect to the general public small. This new system is basically a caste system within the LL product. Limited or not Disney has to balance inventory between LL times given to people who buy this newer product and ones who buy LLMP and LLSP. There still is only so much hourly capacity to a ride and having a hybrid system where there's more unpredictability to when someone will show up should/will IMO have an impact on how they allocate LL return times.
I think people forget FP wasn’t all that great but caused long standby lines too and many people didn’t even know about it (newbies). The people who liked it are the ones on here who knew all the details and how to work the system. FP has been gone for years now, people need to get over it. It’s not coming back.

Oh yes, I get that want for it to be included with Disney deluxe resorts, but that won’t happen. There is way more Disney despise resorts than the 3 universal has. Way too many people would be eligible. Plus, they can probably sell it, so why give it away for free? My understanding is that was Uni’s agreement with the 3 resorts was to get them in and they would end that free express pass if they could (they aren’t adding it to their new deluxe hotel)
I'm not expecting them to include it, and I understand the Loews deal and the fact that UO won't include it with the new Helios hotel. I'm just saying that it's a pretty apples to apples comparison, and last year for example, I chose to go to UO for our Christmas week holiday because I perceived it to be a far better value AND less hassle than dealing with Genie+. PP removes the hassle part of LL reservations, but at a very high price point. A lot of people may make the choice I did and go with their direct competitor instead, and I wouldn't blame them. UO also includes the holiday entertainment like their Christmas parade and their Grinch show without gating that behind a special ticketed event. So it just depends on how much the Mickey of it all really justifies the premium to people. I suspect for once-in-a-lifetime trip people or wealthy guests, it won't matter. But others might opt for UO.

Well MK alone almost matched attendance at both Universal parks in 2023.

When and if those numbers start changing, I think we will see Disney make pricing adjustments to respond.

As long as WDW is pulling the numbers it is vs. Universal, they can and will charge a premium.

I think people forget FP wasn’t all that great but caused long standby lines too and many people didn’t even know about it (newbies). The people who liked it are the ones on here who knew all the details and how to work the system. FP has been gone for years now, people need to get over it. It’s not coming back.
That's all subjective relative to how people felt and toured. I was talking about perception and marketing with their products. No one can dispute that Disney marketed as having included passes and now has anything but that in a very short time and they keep changing it. It's going to make people prone to not positive reactions. As for getting over it that's why I pointed out the time it's been around I know the pandemic messed with all of our time perception but it's really only been a few years since included get ahead of the line passes stopped existing. I've had 12 years to get used to the same product at my regional park, the same cannot be said for Disney, so you said you don't get it, I suppose I was offering up some reasons why. These thoughts exist for other people especially when you're not on the DIS like the PP's comment was about.

I think that’s part of it. And some others who can afford it, still just can’t justify the cost, so they’re conflicted.

So a DW vs Universal price difference is pretty high I would think. DW- $400 for a night at a Deluxe, then say $300 for each member of a four person family= $1600.

Universal- $400 for a night at a Deluxe?
$400 for all four members of the family. Am I missing something?
Yes, you're missing the obvious fact that Universal is not Disney. If you're satisfied with only going to Universal, then you're in luck because it's still cheaper there.

Many of the rides in MK are 50 years old. Meanwhile, Universal will soon be opening a whole new park with all new rides. WDW is further monetizing long waits. It is an odd contrast.
To this point we experienced just about no breakdowns over 3 1/4 days at TDR and especially at DL they are decades old too. There was a minor breakdown of 5 or so mins at Enchanted Tales of Beauty and the Beast while we were in line and I think HM went down briefly but yeah. I know Aquatopia can break down but really they take care of their rides on a more routine manner. A frustration point you hear at WDW especially and then at DL in CA are the breakdowns compounded by when you're paying for the ride it tends to be even more frustrating. I will say a con to TDR is their app, I thought MDE was bad but TDR is much worse and TDR uses the app a lot just like MDE

I think that’s part of it. And some others who can afford it, still just can’t justify the cost, so they’re conflicted.
I’m in the camp of (fortunately) can afford it, but wouldn’t justify. We go to Disney on average once a year. I don’t mind doing the research it takes to minimize wait times, and don’t feel like I’m on my phone really that much more than I would be to check wait times or figure out where we want to go next.

If they rolled this out in 2027, once park expansions are completed then I think it would be on point with the “value”. But my thought process is, Disney rolled it out now, so they can justify increasing the price of the same product once there are more attractions. Its a “pilot” program, so they are evaluating something 🤔 will be interesting to see what they do from here.

I

I would like them to give a $50 per person Fireworks viewing LLSP so I don’t have to purchase the dessert party (kids eat 1-2 strawberries and spit out the allergy free desserts).

But they could offer a few more VQs for lines that are going to be over 3 hours during Christmas week. They could easily spread out crowds if they offered it for FOP.

We can still react and have a discussion on a WDW related forum.

I wish there was more communication (at least a 3 month notice). It’s way too close to the holidays to drop this holiday magic on our wallets.

I wish there was more communication (at least a 3 month notice). It’s way too close to the holidays to drop this holiday magic on our wallets.
Hmm this is just a pilot and nothing is being removed or limited as we enter the holiday period. I don't see any impact in the next 3 months. Just an option to try the pilot out if you so chose.

Dave

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest