Life’s too short...to never sleep in a treehouse! 8/27 TR is up! Link in siggie

I LOVE your BFP, even if it is v0. HA! I think part of the fun of hanging out on the PTR threads is to watch them morph and "mature" over the months.

The only thing I don't like is that TC3 is going to miss you by 3!!! days. :scared1: That makes me incredibly sad! But I understand getting the kids into school in time. We arrive on Sunday, so if things change, keep that in mind.

You've put some serious thought into the arrangements! I love to watch the ruminations of a serious planner! Nice!:thumbsup2

I'm very excited about the pictures of slime. :laughing: I grew up watching Double Dare and all those fun slime shows. It was ingrained in me at a young age to like slime. :rotfl:

Oh that is going to be so awesome as a surprise! :banana:

And I used to PLAY with slime.

and slime with worms

But will "I" escape being slimed?

Only time will tell.

:rotfl:

5'm just doing fly by posts - I've been thinking about you -

Glad you post you are doing the whole... *sigh ab thing on my 'favorite' :sad2: exercise tool the BALL :banana:

guilt by posts!!

it works!!

It does! funny thing about that ball, it got me moving back to a couple of other dreaded apparatus (apparati?) that I've been ignoring....all good.

I LOVE your BFP, even if it is v0. HA! I think part of the fun of hanging out on the PTR threads is to watch them morph and "mature" over the months.

The only thing I don't like is that TC3 is going to miss you by 3!!! days. :scared1: That makes me incredibly sad! But I understand getting the kids into school in time. We arrive on Sunday, so if things change, keep that in mind.

You've put some serious thought into the arrangements! I love to watch the ruminations of a serious planner! Nice!:thumbsup2

Hmmmn...I am seriously going to keep note of that as things swirl around.....The dates are definitely variable although I don't see us getting to Orlando much before 8/16 as I need to be in value season! You arrive 3 days later, right? That gets us into Labor day, right? Labor day weekend isn't value though....although it IS Eric's birthday weekend!

Overplanner is more likely.:laughing:

there is another A word that comes to mind....

I remember seeing commercials for the Nick Hotel when it first opened back when I was a kid......I wanted to stay there so badly (now, not so much) because it looked CRAZY!! Your boys definitely will have an insane time ;)

Good morning everyone!

I just wanted to share this thought, it's one of my favorites

Listen to Mustn'ts, child,
Listen to the Don'ts.
Listen to the Shouldn'ts, the Impossibles, the Won'ts.
Listen to the Never Haves, then listen close to me.
Anything can happen, child, Anything can be.

-Shel Silverstein

Official trip mantra methinks.

Just wanted to bring the poem up again!! :goodvibes Love Shel - I taught preschool when the boys were young, and I bought the tape of Shel reading his poems!! :wizard:

I think by posting your versions you are able to see and figure it out - I would agree the Tree House are a good option - but know that parking is a problem - so 3 rooms may make more sense! (I say it that way just in case the THV fall thru!! ;) )

An author!! :woohoo: DD really wants to be an author! She currently is writing Fan Fiction.... its a good outlet for her! She lol at my reading choices - we both read... a lot!! Yesterday she asked that we make a point in going to the library every week!! She's in 7th grade - doesnt she have enough to do?? lol

my muscles are screaming to let them be.... I have to do some crunches, and arm raises!:sad2:

I remember seeing commercials for the Nick Hotel when it first opened back when I was a kid......I wanted to stay there so badly (now, not so much) because it looked CRAZY!! Your boys definitely will have an insane time ;)

CRAZY being the operative word. Frankly Kendall will probably just as crazy! LOL! I think the real question will be, who all will be brave enough, crazy enough, to get slimed??

Just wanted to bring the poem up again!! :goodvibes Love Shel - I taught preschool when the boys were young, and I bought the tape of Shel reading his poems!! :wizard:

I think by posting your versions you are able to see and figure it out - I would agree the Tree House are a good option - but know that parking is a problem - so 3 rooms may make more sense! (I say it that way just in case the THV fall thru!! ;) )

An author!! :woohoo: DD really wants to be an author! She currently is writing Fan Fiction.... its a good outlet for her! She lol at my reading choices - we both read... a lot!! Yesterday she asked that we make a point in going to the library every week!! She's in 7th grade - doesnt she have enough to do?? lol

my muscles are screaming to let them be.... I have to do some crunches, and arm raises!:sad2:

3 rooms are great for parking, if we do a car (or 2). If we do, I don't see it being more than 2 cars and THV parks one, I think it's doable (we have been known to overload to drive to another parking lot lol).

We did our trip at the Fort without a car and it was fine. We will probably want cars for this trip, at least the front part, I am assuming we will get 2. The problem with a mod (non villa) is I lose

1. My own bedroom (trust me, Jeff sleeping in the same room with Eric is NOT good for anyone.....Eric is a wiggler and Jeff has supersonic hearing. It makes for a long night of "ERIC stop wiggling" and Eric sleeping through the whole thing. It does wake ME up though. UGH.

With Pauls snoring we have to offer them the master wherever we are unless we all end up stuck sharing. If we have to share I know Sandie would prefer either K or T with them.

2. Kitchen, table and deck for bfast in the room, hanging out with drinks etc.

Even the cabin scenario doesn't get us our own room and trust me, those doubles were small. We'd have to have us in the bedroom, with the E's and then one person on the pull down. I suppose Jeff and I could sleep on the pull down. All I know is that I shared with K this last trip so that Jeff and Eric could be separated and she's a fish! Floppy all over me lol! And in a double it made for tough sleeping.

I keep trying to figure out another option that somehow gets us our own sleeping space as a party of 8-10...and stick in the budget... and....can't find one unless we go offsite. NOT an option. Not an option for so many reasons but most importantly as without EMH it would severely limit our park time!

I mean sure, if we had unlimited funds we could do one 2 bedroom villa for us and then a studio for Paul, Sandie and Doug but that's even assuming those are available. It's irrelevant as it breaks the budget. When I play online there isn't much out there at ALL so....we shall see. I can book 2 cabins now, or the 3 CSR, or 1 reg CSR and 1 Jr suite. I do know it is possible more will open up at the 6 month mark but that stresses me out to contemplate waiting for that.

It's just SO frustrating that there is really only 1 good option for us! Now, it doesn't hurt that it is the option I want but....arrgh!

My abs are a little sore today...but in good way. Arms too for that matter, I'd been slacking!

7th grade girls seem to have unlimited energy (except when it is time to get up). At least Kendall does! Her writing improved SO much in 7th, it's fun to read her stuff now.

well I totally understand being a light sleeper myself... budget wise, there is the ASMO family suite -

but to stay in a moderate - I'd bring a twin air mattress so each has a sleep space - or do the POR trundle (which I hear is short) and also bring a $19 at target noise machine, to have the background white noise to help cover the snoring...

the only way I can think for you to have your own room is to book 2 rooms that connect - which is another $1,000 I'm sure! unless you do the family suite - the kids would sleep in the living room pull outs, you'd have the master - but it has a kitchenette...

Free dining is a great draw - so many variables tho!

Did Kendall read twilight? Meagan went to a fan fiction site that is moderated, and she writes chapters - she's been doing it all summer and just decided she doesnt like Twilight anymore :rotfl2:

well I totally understand being a light sleeper myself... budget wise, there is the ASMO family suite -

but to stay in a moderate - I'd bring a twin air mattress so each has a sleep space - or do the POR trundle (which I hear is short) and also bring a $19 at target noise machine, to have the background white noise to help cover the snoring...

the only way I can think for you to have your own room is to book 2 rooms that connect - which is another $1,000 I'm sure! unless you do the family suite - the kids would sleep in the living room pull outs, you'd have the master - but it has a kitchenette...

Free dining is a great draw - so many variables tho!

Did Kendall read twilight? Meagan went to a fan fiction site that is moderated, and she writes chapters - she's been doing it all summer and just decided she doesnt like Twilight anymore :rotfl2:

:)

I will be brutally honest and say I am not traveling that far, for that long, with that many people and staying at a value or dealing with air mattresses. Call me spoiled but I know my crew. We can cram for a night but longer than that? Detracts from the trip. If I'm going to squish like that I'd look at 2 rooms that sleep 5 at a deluxe. Which is on the back up back up plan. I would rather spend more and be closer to the parks and where we want to eat and have the themed pool. We are definitely sit down dinner folks and I am just not a food court person. At all. That is why we often rent condo's wherever we go.

High maintenance aren't I!

Just looking at the layout of the ASM suites makes me claustrophobic from a sleeping standpoint though the 2 baths are nice. I considered those last time but felt the cabins were a better fit. Same amount of sleep space but more amenities with the full kitchen and deck, both of which we used extensively. I'm not sure I can picture my MIL in the cabins though...not sure it's the right "first" Disney experience for her if you know what I mean.

Plus I have stayed at AMS for one night....it's fine for a night. Maybe 2. Connecting is a request that they will "try" to honor but there is no guarantee. Same thing with adjacent although chances are greater on adjacent than adjoining. If we do end up at a non villa location or non cabins, we will be requesting adjoining as our first preference, adjacent as our 2nd. Still, no way to get our own room, even in that scenario.

We can get enough sleep space, its more about "alone" sleep space. Jeff would never go for the noise machine....I've tried with stuff at home before. I can't get him to consider a ceiling fan! Lol.

It's nuts. The CAT jumping off of something in the middle of the night, somewhere, will wake him up. And then he wakes me up.

I like POR and the trundles (the E's are short lol!) and I could probably stick one in one room, another in another (thus separating Jeff and Eric), and I like the idea of sep beds for them but it is double beds for the adults, same prob as the cabins.

Kendall still likes Twilight, (we actually read it together, she, her mom and I) and is very into a number of tween/teen vampire/fanstasy series's...or

Ok all, let me know what YOU'd pick in my shoes as your contingency plan with the following variables.

5 adults, 4 kids (although of the kids we will have a 14 year old and a 17 year old so it's sleeping 7 adult sized people). Potentially 1 more adult if Laura comes.

We like to eat breakfast in the room as we are not morning people. Lunch is QS and dinners are sit down, most often at resorts. The deck was a godsend at the cabins for early birds to go have coffee while teens and tweens slept....

Jeff is a light sleeper.
Paul snores
Eric wiggles.
Kendall will need her own bed

Points are not an option as free dining is a much better deal. Values are not on the table right now.

These have a about a $1200 spread, from top to bottom and as you can see THV is smack in the middle. Least expensive is first, most, last. The last is as high as I want to go.

CSR 3 standard rooms, techinically sleeps 12, no kitchen
POR, 3 rooms with trundles, technically sleeps 15 but is double beds, no kitchen
CSR, 2 rooms. One standard, one jr suite, sleeps 10, no kitchen
2 cabins, Technically sleeps 12. Double beds , outside deck
THV, sleeps 9, 3 bedrooms, outside deck
BLT, sleeps 9 but is only 2 bedrooms
AKL Jambo, sleeps 9 but is only 2 bedrooms
AKL Kidani, sleeps 9 but is only 2 bedrooms
Contemporary, 2 garden wing, technically sleeps 10

Of these, as of today the only options I could actually book are

CSR, POR, Cabins or the Contemporary.

I could book OKW or SSR to sleep 8 but nothing else in the 2 bedroom cat. Heck, nothing else in the 1 bedroom or studio cat....which supports the pre-11 month thinking with CRO. Interesting!

Nothing else shows as available......but we are prior the 11 month DVC date.

First of all I LOVED slime with worms! It came in a little plastic garbage can. My mom however did not like trying to get it out of the carpet. Oops! Your kids will love your surprise, I'm sure.

As far as accomodations...hmm...do any of the moderates have balconies? I probably wouldn't be concerned with the kitchen/no kitchen element if you're only doing breakfast in the room. All of those options will have a refrigerator and coffee maker. I really hope you get the THV. The three bedrooms sound ideal for your group. My second choice in your position would be 3 rooms at CSR. Rm#1-You and Jeff, Ethan and Eric Room #2-Paul and Sandie, Kendall Rm#3-Brother and potentially girlfriend, Tyler OR if you or the Es are ok with being separated from you, they could sleep with Paul or Grandma and Grandpa.

OK well, put it that way - you are a deluxe gal! :thumbsup2

I know dh and I truly enjoy our adult beverages, and conversations... but its just the 3 of us right now... someday I'd love to have our whole family - the boys their DS# 2gf/wife & DS #1 -

Do you plan on going to Disney again? Are you sure buying into DVC isnt a better option - then you get the TIW 20% off card (including 20% off adult beverages) there is a thread where someone has done the spreadsheet - free dining does seem a better deal in the short term...

With that many adults - I think you'll want as much room as possible... and bathrooms!!

The studios at BLT are not acceptable for me - the doors dont lock - and the bathroom sink is part of the kitchen area - doing my hair in the kitchen has an ick factor - but they do have an awesome view, and a balcony... but cash vs dvc point stay you are a 2nd class citizen...

since you looked at THV - have you priced AKV? what about Wilderness Lodge?

We are going on points, and we do pay for the dining plan - we also are TS people - and adult beverages to boot! BUT we will pay OOP for California Grill, its not worth 2 TS $$!

I'm not helping much am I? LOL

If Kendal likes Twilight and writing she might want to look at the fan fiction site dd is addicted to...
http://www.twilightarchives.com/index.php
they have teen category - and they make you send an outline, if its approved you send a rough copy, if that's approved you write the story and when that's approved it gets posted... and they have ratings for teen or everyone - so I like that part - as well as the moderation of the stories... DD became an "peer editor" and found a "pen pal" thru it her age!

First of all I LOVED slime with worms! It came in a little plastic garbage can. My mom however did not like trying to get it out of the carpet. Oops! Your kids will love your surprise, I'm sure.

As far as accomodations...hmm...do any of the moderates have balconies? I probably wouldn't be concerned with the kitchen/no kitchen element if you're only doing breakfast in the room. All of those options will have a refrigerator and coffee maker. I really hope you get the THV. The three bedrooms sound ideal for your group. My second choice in your position would be 3 rooms at CSR. Rm#1-You and Jeff, Ethan and Eric Room #2-Paul and Sandie, Kendall Rm#3-Brother and potentially girlfriend, Tyler OR if you or the Es are ok with being separated from you, they could sleep with Paul or Grandma and Grandpa.
I am :rotfl: about the dried slime in the carpet. I had completely forgotten about that part. Almost as bad as silly putty.

Re: breakfast. Here is the problem. Well there are lots of problems lol.

Eric keeping Jeff awake at night is almost as nightmarish as early waking boys waking him up before whatever he has deemed as "acceptable" wake up time. They are early risers. K&T are not. If we are split into 3 rooms, remotely getting people moving at the same time, well it won't happen. I kind of dread Sandie or Paul having to deal with the concept of tiptoeing around to make coffee and eat something if there isn't some kind of private space.

The E's could care less about being separated from us however Sandie will want Kendall. It is what it is. And much as I like Doug, I can't say I trust him to watch kids that young. LOL!

Plus, unless I am missing something, while the mods have coffee makers and mini fridges, they don't have dishes beyond coffee cups, making anything but fruit and cold pastries a bit complicated. Which we could live with I guess but...I have a feeling we'd end up eating out more for bfast (thus spending more) and I can just see it being a LOT harder to get the group synched up to leave together.

We did/would most likely use the room for more than just breakfast. At the cabins we went back for drinks and appetizers as we had space to keep stuff and relax. Not everyday but knowing we could be right outside while others slept, was hugely stress relieving.

None of the mod's have balconies. The only way to get private space at a mod would be to either do the cabins, or get 2 of the 1 bedroom casita suites at CSR which does have a parlor.

That option would actually be the 2nd most expensive in my scenario and I have a hard time paying that much for a mod but...it is an option. Of course it isn't available lol. Only the jr suite.

I don't know. Maybe we'd be better off with a non 9 sleeping villa and then get a room at ASSports for Doug and Laura?
OK well, put it that way - you are a deluxe gal! :thumbsup2

I know dh and I truly enjoy our adult beverages, and conversations... but its just the 3 of us right now... someday I'd love to have our whole family - the boys their DS# 2gf/wife & DS #1 -

Do you plan on going to Disney again? Are you sure buying into DVC isnt a better option - then you get the TIW 20% off card (including 20% off adult beverages) there is a thread where someone has done the spreadsheet - free dining does seem a better deal in the short term...

With that many adults - I think you'll want as much room as possible... and bathrooms!!

The studios at BLT are not acceptable for me - the doors dont lock - and the bathroom sink is part of the kitchen area - doing my hair in the kitchen has an ick factor - but they do have an awesome view, and a balcony... but cash vs dvc point stay you are a 2nd class citizen...

since you looked at THV - have you priced AKV? what about Wilderness Lodge?

We are going on points, and we do pay for the dining plan - we also are TS people - and adult beverages to boot! BUT we will pay OOP for California Grill, its not worth 2 TS $$!

I'm not helping much am I? LOL

If Kendal likes Twilight and writing she might want to look at the fan fiction site dd is addicted to...
http://www.twilightarchives.com/index.php
they have teen category - and they make you send an outline, if its approved you send a rough copy, if that's approved you write the story and when that's approved it gets posted... and they have ratings for teen or everyone - so I like that part - as well as the moderation of the stories... DD became an "peer editor" and found a "pen pal" thru it her age!

Buying DVC would be great except....

There is a plane that is our DVC. LOL. It's just not in the budget. DH doesn't see it as making a huge amount of sense as he'd like to be on the every 3 year plan. I'd like to be on the every 2. Either way though, with the plane, it's not in the budget. Yes, it would solve a lot of issues! But, it's not the time. We have talked about it and from his perspective he'd want to buy at GCV, which probably wouldn't help us get a treehouse either! Because of the treehouses I would go for SSR resale.

LOL. We'd only do it if we could pay cash.

Regarding renting though, If you assume points are $10 (which may or may not be a fair assumption) Free Dining is actually a significant short term better deal for THV and BLT (like to the tune of 1-1.2K!). For AKV it is closer to being a wash (save about $300). And honestly unless I am an owner, I'm just not comfortable renting when in our life, we really need the ability to make changes, perhaps more than once.

AKV can sleep 9 which is why it is on my list, same thing with BLT. WLV cannot. For value season, assuming you can get anything the 2 bedroom rates are pretty equal which is a little surprising. In that scenario BCV could come back into play. Jeff LOVES WL but I'd probably lean toward BCV for SAB.

I completely agree about OOP for signatures...with an exception for the HDDR which was totally worth 2TS credits!

Bleh. It's all so much simpler if we can just get a TREEHOUSE!

I'll show Kendall that link, it sounds interesting.

I thought I read that the cost of 1 week at a THV is about the same as buying into DVC - and every 3 years is a game of borrowing points and shifting points - I read way too much on the DVC board, as it sounds like you do too!!

We'd pay cash too - and its not in our cards with DH lay off and DS hospital stay...

Getting the group synched up to leave together will be tricky unless you are in the THV - all together...

dont you think the more you post - the more you are convincing yourself that THV is the place to be??

so guess you'd better reserve THV - and if Laura comes, put them over at Pop (and know that sometimes during free dining they over book Pop and send some to SSR or OKW - at least they have the last 3- 4 years!! Dont know who gets that email to upgrade! But they do!)

I thought I read that the cost of 1 week at a THV is about the same as buying into DVC - and every 3 years is a game of borrowing points and shifting points - I read way too much on the DVC board, as it sounds like you do too!!

We'd pay cash too - and its not in our cards with DH lay off and DS hospital stay...

Getting the group synched up to leave together will be tricky unless you are in the THV - all together...

dont you think the more you post - the more you are convincing yourself that THV is the place to be??

so guess you'd better reserve THV - and if Laura comes, put them over at Pop (and know that sometimes during free dining they over book Pop and send some to SSR or OKW - at least they have the last 3- 4 years!! Dont know who gets that email to upgrade! But they do!)

Oh I've always been convinced that THV is the place to be since I learned of it's existence. It's GETTING it that is the issue.

Uh no, the cost of buying into DVC is not the same as one weeks stay. 2-3 weeks is more like it, potentially more depending on how you use your points.

If you use value season rates (and granted this is only for THV) it's about $3800 for a week. To have enough points for that same week you'd need at least 100 points and borrow frontwards and backwards, which timing right is nightmarish and I wouldn't do. So we'd need at least 150 for value season and even at resale you are talking 8-11K depending on use month, how much is banked etc, point price. A lot more if you buy THV points "new" versus SSR resale. If I were buying I'd really want 200 to cover the possibility of non value season trips.

Yep, I've done my homework. There was an outside chance I would have an inheritance that would have gone towards it. Long story and the bottom line is I am really glad I don't have it! LOL. But I'm glad I looked into it as one never knows what the future will bring.

Bear in mind that the $3800 wouldn't be covered by just us. And that would include free dining, which for a week 9 people is another $2200!

General rule is it takes about 3 trips to pay off your DVC I think but then you still have dues.

I just want to say that I love your outlook on this trip. I followed you from over at TarzanKat's PTR, and I am so excited you are planning such a wonderful trip.

Your comments about Doug really hit home. I have a sister, but I never talk to her except on Facebook. It's a weird situation, but quite necessary given some of the choices she has made in life. Perhaps I should call her up . . .

is 11 months out too early for a trip epiphany?

An AHA moment?

I think not.

While commiserating on KathyRN's PTR about the sleep in/primping/no interest in rope drop needs of 14 year old girls..a light bulb went off.

IF I do my backup plan right, though we may be less sleep alone happy, we will have a lot more "alone space" flexibility in the mornings or well, anytime.

Let me explain.

While THV is still my ultimate destination I think I have, just now, convinced myself that BLT/Contemporary is the better back up plan.

Why you ask?

I CAN LEAVE THE OLDER KIDS IN BED IF I NEED TO!

And they'd be able find us easily as we'd only be a monorail away, with the exception of AK.

Expecting them to find us if it involves buses sounds nightmarish. It means someone sitting out by the bus stop. Waiting. Waiting. Waiting.

And we all know how long you might have to wait for a bus.

Some of us know that teens and tweens cannot be relied on for timely updates as to progress. But the monorail? Runs all the time. Not much waiting involved. And it's closer. Closer as in leave a kid asleep and need to go check on them quickly closer-doable. Closer as in if they need to go feed themselves there are more options, closer.

And while they might cost more, I could likely get rid of the cars once we check in so it'd be a wash.

And so, I THINK I am moving my plans to....

1st choice - THV
2nd choice - BLT 2b Lake View
3rd choice - Contemporary Garden View, 2 rooms. Requesting adjoining or adjacent.
4th choice - dead heat CSR 3 rooms or 2 cabins....

I "think" that my 3rd choice may beat out any other DVC 2 bedroom scenario for the "sleep in safely" possibilities....and allows for 10. Only AKV allows for 9, the rest, 8.

It doesn't have a kitchen, or private space but neither does option 4. It does allow for 10. It is one less room to coordinate people from. I could book it now. And then, then if THV (oh please please pretty please) or BLT do open up, move it. Hmmnnn....

IF THV and BLT really won't potentially open up until the 6 month mark (I should know more on Monday, TA is getting some conflicting info) then it would

1. keep me from hyperventilating
  2. allow for 10
  3. let us know by then if we really "are" 10, or 9 or 8 or whatever
FYI, while all the MK deluxes have a 5 or even 6 person option, Contemporary Garden View is the cheapest. Hence that being the choice. LOL.

And FYI, TA is being told THV won't open up until the 6 month mark but that is entirely inconsistent with the fact that you can book it, and any studio-2b villa up until a 19th departure date...but not after. So we are getting clarity on THAT!

Taylor, at 16, was able to find us at WL from the Fort but it was not without much texting.........so upon reflection...the epiphany.

Am I missing anything?

Besides the fact that it really won't go with my PTR title?

Next...a side trip, saying goodbye to summer

I just want to say that I love your outlook on this trip. I followed you from over at TarzanKat's PTR, and I am so excited you are planning such a wonderful trip.

Your comments about Doug really hit home. I have a sister, but I never talk to her except on Facebook. It's a weird situation, but quite necessary given some of the choices she has made in life. Perhaps I should call her up . . .

first of all

:welcome:

And thanks to the pirate for having such a great PTR that you could follow me from!

Ah, I can so relate. And it's hard, sometimes it is the right thing to reach out and other times...well sometimes you have to walk away. My bio mom and the e's dad come to mind. So sad. I have found facebook to be a blessing for some of those distant relationships, at least you know they are ok even if you don't actually "talk".

I see you are going in Dec???? Off to check it out!

Hi - I'm in, I came over from Kathy's pre-trip report! Love the pre-trip report so far - I love your writing style! I think the BLT/Comtemporary Plan sounds like a great one! I have to say too, I love the term "bonus Mom" :)

I like the idea of 2 rooms at the Contemporary and I'll tell you why: even though you would not have a full kitchen, a friend of mine says she rented a microwave from the resort when she stayed at the POLY.

But staying at BLT would be soooo cool. I got a DVC postcard yesterday that features BLT. It is beautiful, to say the least.

Hmmm... I like the way you think! ;)

Being on the monorail would be so ideal...

Kathy

Ah thank you, my inspiration. Thank Tricia really! You know the more I think about it, I really really like this plan. Because in addition to ALL the other reasons...it will be so HOT in August, it's a quick trip back!

Hi - I'm in, I came over from Kathy's pre-trip report! Love the pre-trip report so far - I love your writing style! I think the BLT/Comtemporary Plan sounds like a great one! I have to say too, I love the term "bonus Mom" :)

first of all

:welcome:

Thank you for your kind words. Stepmom has so many bad connotations for so many people. I'm blessed that so far (to my knowledge) I haven't fallen into the "evil" category but...bonus mom is what I feel I am. I am lucky. They have a good mom. I get the honor of being their friend and another adult to look out for them.

I like the idea of 2 rooms at the Contemporary and I'll tell you why: even though you would not have a full kitchen, a friend of mine says she rented a microwave from the resort when she stayed at the POLY.

But staying at BLT would be soooo cool. I got a DVC postcard yesterday that features BLT. It is beautiful, to say the least.

Good point on the microwave, I think they are available at all the deluxes upon request. Which would be good for my hot chocolate fiends!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter