Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

When we showed up at the Brown Derby with a party of 3 instead of a party of 4, they didn't even bat an eyelash. I think you should be okay.

We have to do that sometimes. We book for the whole gang, but as you know, the guys don't always show up. No one has ever said one word about it ever.

I am pretty sure that Christine, Jen & Paula didn't change the ADRs in September when I had to cancel. I don't think they had any problems showing up with a smaller group. If you do that, just tell them that the other people couldn't make it at the last minute.

When we showed up at the Brown Derby with a party of 3 instead of a party of 4, they didn't even bat an eyelash. I think you should be okay.

We have to do that sometimes. We book for the whole gang, but as you know, the guys don't always show up. No one has ever said one word about it ever.

that's a bit of a relief! My concern is that if they "block" a table for 4 in their ADR system and only 2 show up, they may force us to wait for a smaller table. If 3 show up instead of 4, that doesn't mess with their system in the same way. I'll just plan on showing up, smiling nicely and hope that during the slow time of year, nobody will give us grief!

You don't need to talk me into AK on 5/5, it's already planned! Will you be doing MK EMH on 5/2? We will be doing Fantasmic then heading that way.

Hey Katie -

I just saw your pm and think your idea is fantastic! Plus - yeah for 5/2 MK emh - yes we are going and yeah for AK EMH on 5/5. I think we will have plenty of opportunity for a DIS meet. Now I am off to look for a Ohana ADR for 6! :woohoo:

Check your pm -but I can't contain the excitement - I just got us an ADR at Ohana's for May 6th at 6:20pm. I think 6 is the magic number. :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: That was easy peasy! Too easy, in fact. I better check that I have the right date! LOL!:rotfl2:

Yippeee!!!! :cool1:

We are dining with MEK at Ohana. As long as Denny doesn't hog the potstickers, we should be great! :rotfl:

I rarely show up with the party size I booked the ADR for. :laughing: Not on purpose, mind you but that seems to be how it goes. It has never been an issue. I can't tell if it took any longer to be seated but I've also never waited a super long time either (aside from the Sci Fi debacle).

I rarely show up with the party size I booked the ADR for. :laughing: Not on purpose, mind you but that seems to be how it goes. It has never been an issue. I can't tell if it took any longer to be seated but I've also never waited a super long time either (aside from the Sci Fi debacle).

That gives me some comfort. I think I will make the ADR's for 3 then when we arrive tell them one person couldn't make it, that seems reasonable!

Just want to take a minute to tell everyone

Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!

I can't top MeMom's sentiments this morning but it really is nice to take a day to reflect on all the blessings we have and the friends I have made on the Dis are among my blessings I am grateful for today :grouphug:

We are dining with MEK at Ohana. As long as Denny doesn't hog the potstickers, we should be great! :rotfl:

I don't think Denny will hog them, but my friend Chuck might! :rotfl2: You'll love Chuck and Cathy. They are so nice! It will be so much fun!

I seem to remember we had an ADR for 3 for BD..and showed up with 4:lmao: No one even questioned anything LOL!!

Well.... it is all you caneat....so Denny and Chuck can still hog away:thumbsup2

Thats so cool that you are all getting to go together!!!

Paula

I don't think Denny will hog them, but my friend Chuck might! :rotfl2: You'll love Chuck and Cathy. They are so nice! It will be so much fun!

I can't wait :woohoo: Bring on the LapuLapu!!

Well.... it is all you caneat....so Denny and Chuck can still hog away:thumbsup2

Thats so cool that you are all getting to go together!!!

Maybe I'll just ask for seconds right away and have my own plate in front of me :rotfl2:

Tonight I was watching the news when a story came across that piqued my interest. It seems that Air Tran will be starting non-stop flights between Des Moines and MCO. I got on their website and discovered that flights the weekend we are looking at travelling are $99 each way. Keep in mind, we were considering taking $80 each way tickets on Allegiant but they fly into Sanford so would require a rental car. As it turns out, tickets on Air Tran would come out to about $50 less!

Why a conundrum? Well, in the spirt of our dear friend LL, let's make a list!

Pros of taking Air Tran:
  • Obviously the $50 savings
  • They arrive in MCO at 3 in the afternoon instead of 10:30 at night (plus another hour drive to WDW) like Allegiant giving us time on May 1 to hit the parks!
  • Magical Express

Pros of taking Allegiant:
  • Having to rent a car means having one available (I know we can do Disney transportation just fine but I didn't have to rely on it last year so I'm just not sure of what to expect)
  • Return flight is at 3 in the afternoon instead of 8:30 in the morning like Air Tran.

I'm almost tempted to say let's come home Sunday instead of Saturday if we go this route, this of course means adding another night of hotel and basically eliminates the cost savings. In fact when you factor in an extra day on the dining plan and park tickets, it turns out to be more expensive (but still...an extra day in Disney!)

The deciding factor may just be location. If we fly Allegiant, we can fly in/out of Cedar Rapids (1 hour from Beth, 1 1/2 hours from me). If we fly in/out of Des Moines, Beth would have to drive 2 1/2 hours to my house then another hour to Des Moines. I can totally understand why she may not want to do this so I am leaving the decision to her!

Marc & I flew AirTran last fall. They usually have really good prices. Did you sign up for their emails? I get emails advertising flights from Boston for $74 when they are normally $99. So you might even get a better deal.

Where are you staying again? Have you said? If you have, I apologize that I don't remember. Disney transportation is not bad at all. Before I went with Jen, I had always used the buses and did just fine. I like not having to drive on vacation. ;)

And just think...adding on an extra day is minimal in cost and you get more Disney magic which is PRICELESS. I say go for it!

We had absolutely no bus issues of note (other than one... but it was ok cause we were 'comped')

AirTran alsolets you check your bags at WDW... Which is a very nice perk. Southwest doesn't:confused: and I miss it....

Paula

Marc & I flew AirTran last fall. They usually have really good prices. Did you sign up for their emails? I get emails advertising flights from Boston for $74 when they are normally $99. So you might even get a better deal.

Where are you staying again? Have you said? If you have, I apologize that I don't remember. Disney transportation is not bad at all. Before I went with Jen, I had always used the buses and did just fine. I like not having to drive on vacation. ;)

And just think...adding on an extra day is minimal in cost and you get more Disney magic which is PRICELESS. I say go for it!

I have signed up for their e-mails now! Thanks for that suggestion. If we can snag a lower price, that could possibly justify 1 more night :rolleyes:

I haven't said where we are staying because we haven't decided. I didn't want to overwhelm Beth with decisions right away so I prioritized ADR's :laughing: Also, Disney hasn't released their deals for that timeframe so I figured we could wait to see what they come out with. I got a pincode awhile back that I could have used but I didn't save the e-mail, maybe I should call and see if there is a valid one for me :confused3

We had absolutely no bus issues of note (other than one... but it was ok cause we were 'comped')

AirTran alsolets you check your bags at WDW... Which is a very nice perk. Southwest doesn't:confused: and I miss it....

I hear very few issues with the buses so I know that would turn out fine, just something different for me to figure out this time.

Comped for a bus issue? :confused3 Do I know this story or is it coming up in your current TR?

Daniel wanted to say good morning:

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: pirate: pirate: :headache: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl2: :worship: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

I have signed up for their e-mails now! Thanks for that suggestion. If we can snag a lower price, that could possibly justify 1 more night :rolleyes:

I haven't said where we are staying because we haven't decided. I didn't want to overwhelm Beth with decisions right away so I prioritized ADR's :laughing: Also, Disney hasn't released their deals for that timeframe so I figured we could wait to see what they come out with. I got a pincode awhile back that I could have used but I didn't save the e-mail, maybe I should call and see if there is a valid one for me :confused3
Yes, I would call and ask about the pin for sure. I think they are attached to your name in their system but I'm not 100% sure.

popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: popcorn:: pirate: pirate: :headache: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rotfl2: :worship: :confused3 :confused3 :confused3 :laundy: :laundy: :laundy: :laundy:

Good Morning Daniel! :cool2:

I've had no major issues with Disney transportation either. In fact, I prefer not having to worry about it to having a car, needing to get gas, having to remember where I park etc.

So exciting to be planning, isn't it?!? :yay:

I too would go for the extra day and not worry about a car. I have never had any problems with the buses and I also prefer not to drive when on vacation. I am flying in a day early and will stay at a hotel near the airport (shuttle to hotel) then hop back to the airport in the am for ME to AKV. :goodvibes

Tracy

I'm all for you going for longer if you can wing LOL!!! How exciting that you will be dining with MEK!! I'm so excited for you Katie!!!

What a morning you had, Daniel!

Eating all that popcorn, playing pirate, getting a headache (what happened?), dancing around, rolling on the floor, wondering about things, and doing laundry...WOW!

I enjoyed your message. Brooklynn loves to put smileys up, too. :)

Hope you guys have a good week at your house. I very much enjoyed five days off, but it's back to you-know-where tomorrow. :sad1:

Extra Disney days are always good. Somehow adding one night to a Disney World resort bill is not nearly as painful as it is adding to a bill out here in Real World.

Yes, I would call and ask about the pin for sure. I think they are attached to your name in their system but I'm not 100% sure.

I think I will call and ask this morning. I've heard others on the boards report that they have just called to ask and have sometimes been surprised.

I've had no major issues with Disney transportation either. In fact, I prefer not having to worry about it to having a car, needing to get gas, having to remember where I park etc.

So exciting to be planning, isn't it?!? :yay:

Yes it it C! When we went last year, Greg talked about wishing we hadn't driven and just taken Disney transportation. I didn't mind but then again, I was the navigator :rolleyes1 I just keep thinking about reports of missing ADR's because of long lines and standing room only buses. Of course, we are going at a slower time of year so maybe those cases are fewer!

I too would go for the extra day and not worry about a car. I have never had any problems with the buses and I also prefer not to drive when on vacation. I am flying in a day early and will stay at a hotel near the airport (shuttle to hotel) then hop back to the airport in the am for ME to AKV. :goodvibes

Hmm, :rolleyes: I hadn't thought about staying off site for a final night. I wonder what a taxi to a hotel near the airport would cost? The outgoing flight is quite early (and we're talking about a Saturday night so Disney hotel prices are higher)

I'm all for you going for longer if you can wing LOL!!! How exciting that you will be dining with MEK!! I'm so excited for you Katie!!!

I'm excited too! I'm really just going to leave the flight decision to Beth since flying Air Tran would require quite a bit more driving for her (almost 2 1/2 hours each way). I am waiting for one of those e-mails LL talked about offering even lower rates)

What a morning you had, Daniel!

Eating all that popcorn, playing pirate, getting a headache (what happened?), dancing around, rolling on the floor, wondering about things, and doing laundry...WOW!

Hope you guys have a good week at your house. I very much enjoyed five days off, but it's back to you-know-where tomorrow. :sad1:

Daniel actually had more on his to-do list but we reached our smilie limit :laughing:

I hope your transition back to work is a smooth one! I am starting back with a 1/2 day of subbing only (and thankfully, the second half!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter