Leaving the hubbies and kids behind - A May 2010 PTR, TR has begun!

:wave: Hi there! I came over from Wigd's Christmas PTR. Congratulations on your upcoming trip! :goodvibes I am going in May also...May 2-7th!

Hahahahaha!

I was just going back to edit in.....and Tracy (aka manntra) will be there, too!

And Katie, just so you know, you'll be able to find either Tracy or I in a crowd because we will both be sporting brand new SLR digital cameras (probably Canon Rebels, but were not 100% sure yet) :rotfl2: Yup, you'll see us from a mile away, dragging camera bags, tripods, flash attachments, lenses. You thought Paula's pics were good. She is about to get some serious competition. :lmao:

Didn't look at all your ADR choices yet, but R&C on May 3rd is were my group of travelers will be.

Hahahahaha!

I was just going back to edit in.....and Tracy (aka manntra) will be there, too!

And Katie, just so you know, you'll be able to find either Tracy or I in a crowd because we will both be sporting brand new SLR digital cameras (probably Canon Rebels, but were not 100% sure yet) :rotfl2: Yup, you'll see us from a mile away, dragging camera bags, tripods, flash attachments, lenses. You thought Paula's pics were good. She is about to get some serious competition. :lmao:

Didn't look at all your ADR choices yet, but R&C on May 3rd is were my group of travelers will be.

hmmm I smell a challenge!! Maybe I'll have to come along too... just to keep an eye on the competition:rolleyes1

P

Chiming in to wholeheartedly recommend California Grill, Chefs, Tutto, and Rose & Crown. I was very happily surprised by R&C in Sept/Oct! :thumbsup2

hmmm I smell a challenge!! Maybe I'll have to come along too... just to keep an eye on the competition:rolleyes1

P

Hahahahaha....... Well, you haven't had enough trips yet on your AP, so bring it on! :rotfl: Seriously, Tracy and I would love pointers from you, the great photo goddess! :worship:

I can't recommend Rose & Crown enough. I ate there twice in May and it was delicious both times. So yummy!

I bet you ladies would really enjoy Les Chefs too. It's quite delicious and you can't beat the fixed menu!

All of your choices look great! I would love to try California Grill someday, and I have loved our meals at Tutto, Rose and Crown, and Teppan Edo. :goodvibes

Chiming in to wholeheartedly recommend California Grill, Chefs, Tutto, and Rose & Crown. I was very happily surprised by R&C in Sept/Oct! :thumbsup2

:grouphug: We all certainly have similar tastes, check out the next post!

:woohoo::woohoo: Yeah........This is when I will be there. :woohoo::woohoo: Say its true!!!!!! I can't believe it. :worship: We are going May 2 - 7th (Sunday to Friday). Do I sense a DIS meet in the works???????

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: OMG Mary Ellen!!!!!!!!! How did I miss that our tickers are only 1 day apart?

A MEK Dismeet :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

LOVE IT!!!!

Hmm, I already penciled a tentative touring plan and have MK most of the 3rd but I may have to play around. What are your other ADR's?

::yes:: Yes, I definitely think you need to come check them out :rolleyes1

Hahahahaha....... Well, you haven't had enough trips yet on your AP, so bring it on! :rotfl: Seriously, Tracy and I would love pointers from you, the great photo goddess! :worship:

:thumbsup2

So Beth e-mailed me last night with her dining wish list. She said she basically went through the menus and made her own list before looking to see what was on mine. Look at what she came up with:

• Biergarten
  • Les Chefs de France
  • Marrakesh
  • Rose & Crown
  • Teppan Edo
  • Tutto Italia
  • Ohana
  • Whispering Canyon Cafe
  • Jiko
  • Citricos
  • California Grill
  • Cinderella (I’m not certain if this means CRT or 1900 PF)
If our touring choices match up as nicely as our taste in food, this trip is going to be AWESOME!!!!! :yay:

I’m not all that interested in Marrakesh so I will be sure we work in Tangerine for lunch one day for her. Jiko is one that if I ever do DxDP, I would try but is not high priority.

She commented that she read about being able to watch fireworks from a few of these so I think CG and R&C will rise to the top of the list. Those of you who have done this…what time did you make ADR’s for?

I think the other limiting factor is going to be that we both are heavy on Epcot restaurants, this is fine for days we are at Epcot or even DHS but won’t exactly be easy to “stop into” on days we are at MK or AK. Of course MK area restaurants are also well represented!

HALLOOOOOOOOOOO! Katie's friend, Beth here!

I am so excited about our up and coming trip.

Sounds like there is lots of great advice to be found here. Glad Katie pointed me in this direction!

Beth
:dance3:

Hahahahaha!

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That was so funny Mary Ellen!!! I can just see us now!! :lmao: It's going to be a good time!! ::yes:: She can come bail us out of Mickey Jail for taking pictures in Spaceship Earth!

Katie my ADR's are:

May 2 The Wave 645 MK open till 1am :thumbsup2
May 3 Biergarten 615 I think this is mostly a HS day
May 4 Le Cellier 710 Epcot day
May 5 Boma 755 dinner MK rope and then AK
May 6 Boma 830 breakfast AK rope then MK night....always end on a MK
night!:)

Tracy

Hi Katie! I saw that you started a new PTR so I'm subbing :goodvibes I'm so glad you get to go back!

We have a ressie for R&C in February, and we also wanted to try to see Illuminations from there. I think the time that we got is 7:30 -- my mom has her master list of ADRs so I'll have to check with her. We did it once before, I think around 7:30 or 8, and it worked out really well.

Can't wait for more :thumbsup2

:laughing::laughing::laughing: That was so funny Mary Ellen!!! I can just see us now!! :lmao: It's going to be a good time!! ::yes:: She can come bail us out of Mickey Jail for taking pictures in Spaceship Earth!

:lmao: :rotfl2: Can you take pics in Mickey jail or is that considered offstage?

May 2 The Wave 645 MK open till 1am :thumbsup2
May 3 Biergarten 615 I think this is mostly a HS day
May 4 Le Cellier 710 Epcot day
May 5 Boma 755 dinner MK rope and then AK
May 6 Boma 830 breakfast AK rope then MK night....always end on a MK
night!:)

I have a tentative touring plan but need to run it by Beth before posting here. It however looks like we plan to be in the same place at the same time a few times!

Welcome to the DIS Beth!! :grouphug:

I think Jen and I's ADR for Rose & Crown was around 7PM. I would try for anwhere between 7 and 8. I think if you don't get a table with a view of Illuminations that they will let you go and stand in the area where you can see them.

When we checked in we asked for a table outside with a view and they said they couldn't guarantee anything but we did get one. :thumbsup2

Welcome to the DIS Beth YAY!!!!! So glad you joined us!!!

I enjoyed everything I had at CG and it should be coming up very very soon on the TR either from C or from me LOL!!! Was an amazing meal!!! We made our reservation for about 30 minutes before Wishes...we were able to enjoy the appetizer during the show which was GREAT!!!!! I loved it!!!! Great timing ...anytime an hour before if you are going all out on the meal you will be there to see Wishes from there!!!!!!

LOL, I feel like when reading your posts, I'm translating another language....ADR, TR, etc. I'm hoping by May I'll grow up to be a DIS pro just like you guys!

:worship:

LOL, I feel like when reading your posts, I'm translating another language....ADR, TR, etc. I'm hoping by May I'll grow up to be a DIS pro just like you guys!

:worship:

:welcome: Beth! You will be an old pro in no time! :) Just be careful because you will start talking in abbreviations in your real life and people will look at you strange! :rotfl:

Tracy

HALLOOOOOOOOOOO! Katie's friend, Beth here!

I am so excited about our up and coming trip.

Sounds like there is lots of great advice to be found here. Glad Katie pointed me in this direction!

Beth
:dance3:

:wave:
hi Beth!!!

I'm so happy you decided to join us in our little corner of the world:flower3:

looking forawrd to getting to know you and hear all about your upcoming trip with Katie

Paula

Hi Katie! I saw that you started a new PTR so I'm subbing :goodvibes I'm so glad you get to go back!

Hey Meghan, glad to have you around!

We have a ressie for R&C in February, and we also wanted to try to see Illuminations from there. I think the time that we got is 7:30 -- my mom has her master list of ADRs so I'll have to check with her. We did it once before, I think around 7:30 or 8, and it worked out really well.

I think Jen and I's ADR for Rose & Crown was around 7PM. I would try for anwhere between 7 and 8. I think if you don't get a table with a view of Illuminations that they will let you go and stand in the area where you can see them.

When we checked in we asked for a table outside with a view and they said they couldn't guarantee anything but we did get one. :thumbsup2

I enjoyed everything I had at CG and it should be coming up very very soon on the TR either from C or from me LOL!!! Was an amazing meal!!! We made our reservation for about 30 minutes before Wishes...we were able to enjoy the appetizer during the show which was GREAT!!!!! I loved it!!!! Great timing ...anytime an hour before if you are going all out on the meal you will be there to see Wishes from there!!!!!!

OTTV! I knew the ADR window had been open but I didn't realize how difficult some of them would be! (after all, when we went last year, I was able to get LeCellier only 3 or 4 months out!)

Rose and Crown had nothing later than 5:00 so we decided to take it and just watch Illuminations from somewhere else.

Cali Grill only had a 7:20 or 9:00. I booked the 9:00 thinking we could get checked in, have a drink at the bar, watch Wishes from the observation deck then get a table after (I suspect at 8:45, nobody will be moving from their tables so we won't actualy be seated at 9)

I posted a question about it on the restaurants board and got 2 responses, both said I should take the 7:20. One thought we wouldn't get seated on time anyways and even later if we request to wait for a window table. The other mentioned that even if we finish early, we can leave and return for viewing if we show our receipt.

What do you think?

:welcome: Beth! You will be an old pro in no time! :) Just be careful because you will start talking in abbreviations in your real life and people will look at you strange! :rotfl:

So true! :rolleyes1

:wave:
hi Beth!!!

I'm so happy you decided to join us in our little corner of the world:flower3:

looking forawrd to getting to know you and hear all about your upcoming trip with Katie

:thumbsup2

Hey Meghan, glad to have you around!

OTTV! I knew the ADR window had been open but I didn't realize how difficult some of them would be! (after all, when we went last year, I was able to get LeCellier only 3 or 4 months out!)

Rose and Crown had nothing later than 5:00 so we decided to take it and just watch Illuminations from somewhere else.

Cali Grill only had a 7:20 or 9:00. I booked the 9:00 thinking we could get checked in, have a drink at the bar, watch Wishes from the observation deck then get a table after (I suspect at 8:45, nobody will be moving from their tables so we won't actualy be seated at 9)

I posted a question about it on the restaurants board and got 2 responses, both said I should take the 7:20. One thought we wouldn't get seated on time anyways and even later if we request to wait for a window table. The other mentioned that even if we finish early, we can leave and return for viewing if we show our receipt.

What do you think?

Considering that C and I spent almost 3 hours at CG for dinner ...I don't think you would have any problem with the 7:20pm time as long as you just kept in mind that you want to make this a very leisurally meal. Enjoy the food and the company and have them wait for dessert until after Wishes. I think either time and plan would work for you...but 7:20pm is quite doable also and I don't think would be early at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter