Leaving soon, again :-)

Just caught up with your trip.. Sounds like you had a fab time. The photos & food look amazing.

I'm so jealous you have got a Dodge Charger, I have always wanted that or a Mustang.

Enjoy your extra days:thumbsup2

Don't know if you've heard but i've just seen an update on facebook from Seaworld they are offering free entry to those that are stranded, to either Seaworld, Aquatica or Busch Gardens. :thumbsup2

You just need to show your flight ticket (one per person), valid from 14th to 21st April or when normal flights are resumed. Hope this is of help to you or any other stranded DISer's. :)

Enjoy your extra days.

Hi Wayne

Just caught up! If you're going to be stuck, might as well be stuck in Orlando!
Have a great couple of days, and if you get a chance please update us!

~Ruthie

I'd certainly rather be in your position than those poor souls waiting to fly out. Enjoy your bonus days. :)
Not great for anyone but especially anyone flying out. Sounds good being stuck out here and if it was just the 4 nights fantastic but when there is no end to it its not good. Business is closed, Karen missing work, Matt school. Yes making the most of it but back of mind wanting it to end.
Don't know if you've heard but i've just seen an update on facebook from Seaworld they are offering free entry to those that are stranded, to either Seaworld, Aquatica or Busch Gardens. :thumbsup2

You just need to show your flight ticket (one per person), valid from 14th to 21st April or when normal flights are resumed. Hope this is of help to you or any other stranded DISer's. :)

Enjoy your extra days.
We have Annual passports for SW & Busch but well done to them offering free days. Not really warm enough(has to be August temps) for us for water parks, we have free tickets for Disney water park from our Cast Member friends but going to use at Winter Summerland golf instead.

Today we started at AKL, Jambo House then across to new Kidani Village for 1st visit, watched Giraffes for 15-20 mins. Across to Boardwalk for Geocaching meet, back to hotel for some sunbathing until a duck decided to share the pool:rotfl: Karen has a fear of birds do that was end us being around the pool area. Early meal, another trip to Cheescake factory, superb food, we left some of the entree's so we could share a slice of cheesecake, probably nicest I have ever tasted. Pics to follow when I get time. This evening into Universal for Chicago concert, only knew 2 songs so no expert on them but I thought they were poor. Didn't enjoy anywere near as much as Sheryl Crow last week. I have also never seen Universal/City Walk so busy even at Xmas. It was heaving.

Tomorrow going to Cocoa Beach/Port Canaveral area, Manatee & Dolphin spotting, geocaching & will wave off the Disney Wonder, meal on the waterfront before returning back to Orlando.

At least your making the most of it Wayne :thumbsup2

Signs not looking good here, at the moment air space is confirmed as closed till Monday am, but expert just on Sky News has said that he can see it going on till at least Wednesday/Thursday :sad2:

My Aunt and Uncle are struggling to get a flight back home for 10 days due to the now heavy back log :scared1:, they were due home on Thursday.

what is geochaching?

be sure to hold on to all of your receipts Wayne...
even though i don't think it will help with Delta, but you never know..
there was an expert on the BBC or Sky this morning (i was flipping back and forth between the two)....
he said the airlines are responsible for reasonable food expenses and possibly also hotel expenses and that everyone should hold onto all of their receipts to try to get it back later...

so sorry you're stuck there..... :grouphug:

be sure to hold on to all of your receipts Wayne...
even though i don't think it will help with Delta, but you never know..
there was an expert on the BBC or Sky this morning (i was flipping back and forth between the two)....
he said the airlines are responsible for reasonable food expenses and possibly also hotel expenses and that everyone should hold onto all of their receipts to try to get it back later...

I think this only applies to European airlines - and they are saying it is very unfair because when that regulation came in, situations like this were never considered.

Hoping that things get moving again for you soon Wayne. We should leave on Friday from LGW, but our son and family are due to fly out next Sunday from MAN. My worst possible scenario is that we can't go but they can - the whole trip was planned so that we could share care of the baby while they actually had a holiday, meals out, time alone etc.

Still, no one died, so in the scheme of life it's a blip, but a mighty inconvenient one ;). Glad you're enjoying the Cheesecake Factory - it's been one of my favourites for many years.

I think this only applies to European airlines - and they are saying it is very unfair because when that regulation came in, situations like this were never considered.

Hoping that things get moving again for you soon Wayne. We should leave on Friday from LGW, but our son and family are due to fly out next Sunday from MAN. My worst possible scenario is that we can't go but they can - the whole trip was planned so that we could share care of the baby while they actually had a holiday, meals out, time alone etc.

Still, no one died, so in the scheme of life it's a blip, but a mighty inconvenient one ;). Glad you're enjoying the Cheesecake Factory - it's been one of my favourites for many years.

he was referring to british airlines, but i think everyone should at least try to get reimbursed, no matter what airline they're on - even if it's delta...
at worst, they'll get no response....
perhaps they'll at least get comped a coupon off another flight..

whatever they get or don't get, it's worth the try and the effort of holding on to the receipts and then writing a letter to the airline when this has all blown over...
actually, i would inquire about reimbursement right at the counter when i come to check in for the flight back....and if necessary, write when i get home...

he was referring to british airlines, but i think everyone should at least try to get reimbursed, no matter what airline they're on - even if it's delta...
at worst, they'll get no response....
perhaps they'll at least get comped a coupon off another flight..

whatever they get or don't get, it's worth the try and the effort of holding on to the receipts and then writing a letter to the airline when this has all blown over...
actually, i would inquire about reimbursement right at the counter when i come to check in for the flight back....and if necessary, write when i get home...

Yes, there's nothing lost in trying and even a goodwill gesture by the airlines may get them repeat business in future.

The airlines are saying this could bankrupt them if they have to pay out for additional expenses. One situation where you feel sorry for everyone involved - airlines included - as it's no-one's fault.

Edited to add: I don't feel too sorry for the Insurance companies who are trying to wriggle out of paying anything by using the 'Act of God' line when others are paying up. After all, the whole point of insurance is to cover you for the unexpected. If they do all cave in and pay up, I think we can expect more expensive premiums in future though.

Not great for anyone but especially anyone flying out. Sounds good being stuck out here and if it was just the 4 nights fantastic but when there is no end to it its not good. Business is closed, Karen missing work, Matt school. Yes making the most of it but back of mind wanting it to end.

We DEFINITELY want it to end - we got half way home on Thursday before we got stopped by this, so we've been in Texas for three nights now, in an airport hotel with no end in sight.

Believe me, I'd have given up the holiday if I knew we would be stranded for at least four days at the end of it with no end in sight. Disappointing to lose a holiday for those who've worked hard and saved for months/years but at least they're back home, safe and well :guilty: We have no idea when we'll see family again; got pets being taken care of back home, and work tomorrow which we'll miss, never mind the ongoing cost of being here - we're realistically looking at an minimum of 9 extra nights from when we should have flown home.

So many teachers out here that I wouldn't be surprised if the UK education system grinds to a halt during next week: there's simply not going to be enough supply teachers to go round.

We DEFINITELY want it to end - we got half way home on Thursday before we got stopped by this, so we've been in Texas for three nights now, in an airport hotel with no end in sight.

Believe me, I'd have given up the holiday if I knew we would be stranded for at least four days at the end of it with no end in sight. Disappointing to lose a holiday for those who've worked hard and saved for months/years but at least they're back home, safe and well :guilty: We have no idea when we'll see family again; got pets being taken care of back home, and work tomorrow which we'll miss, never mind the ongoing cost of being here - we're realistically looking at an minimum of 9 extra nights from when we should have flown home.

So many teachers out here that I wouldn't be surprised if the UK education system grinds to a halt during next week: there's simply not going to be enough supply teachers to go round.

they said on the news this morning that many universities/schools are putting off exams since so many students/teachers are stranded ..

i was looking at the cruise ship schedule....all the cruise lines have repositioning cruises now - i wonder if anyone got a place on a cruise ship to get back to europe? the repo cruises are all pretty long - 14 days...but given the situation....

disneyholic family said:
i was looking at the cruise ship schedule....all the cruise lines have repositioning cruises now - i wonder if anyone got a place on a cruise ship to get back to europe? the repo cruises are all pretty long - 14 days...but given the situation....

The Disney Magic was already making it's way across the Atlantic when this happened - I only know that because our friends Yvet & Emiel are on it. We are due to join them on Saturday for the Med cruise (Magic in the Med) and really don't know how we're going to get there! If the flight situation doesn't improve then we're looking at atleast £500 to get to Barcelona by other means. A cost we definitely have not budgeted for!!
Obviously our problems do not come close to those who are already stuck in another country - we really feel for all of you and certainly hope you make it home safely!!!
We stand to lose £1500 if we don't make the Disney Magic next Saturday. Would you consider spending £500 to get to Barcelona by alternative means if you were in a similar position?

Here's hoping it improves - for everyone's sake!!! Maybe the 'empty airplane trials' currently being conducted by German and Dutch airlines will shed more light on the effect of the ash on the aircraft..

We stand to lose £1500 if we don't make the Disney Magic next Saturday. Would you consider spending £500 to get to Barcelona by alternative means if you were in a similar position?

Gosh yes, I'd be on the phone right now booking my ferry/Eurotunnel ticket and be jumping in my car Wednesday to just drive down to Barcelona...long boring drive but easily done!

Luv Suzy

i think id also be on my way in the car.......better to spend a bit more but still go than to lose it all.

what is geochaching?

Our Hobby, www.geocaching.com its high-tech treasure hunting. Over 1 million caches hidden all over the world, we do it everywhere we go. Went looking for 4 today, found 3 of them. One at side of pier on Cocoa beach, one next to Banana River and one in Patrick Park next to where the cruise ships leave at Port Canaveral.

Our last couple of days in pics.
Clip Matt took of Disney Wonder leaving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_BLLl0cYXc&feature=channel

Another meal at Orlando Ale House
Shared Boneless Zingers then I had 12oz Prime rib, more like 20oz.
P1020977.jpg

P1020979.jpg

Breakfast time yesterday Matt went down and made himself a Mickey Waffle.
P1030018.jpg

Kidani Village Giraffes
IMG_2188.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

Another great meal at Cheesecake Factory
P1030036.jpg

P1030040.jpg

P1030041.jpg

P1030042.jpg

P1030043.jpg

Car we have, brand new Charger.
P1030068.jpg

Strange sight on Cocoa beach today.
IMG_2200.jpg

Really enjoyable afternoon watching all the fishing boats return with their catch, having a couple of drinks, live band playing good music then waving off the Disney Wonder. Shame weather wasn't so good but well worth the drive out.
IMG_2210.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

P1030103.jpg

IMG_2224.jpg

I always have the Zinger Cheese Melt at the Ale House. Top scran! :thumbsup2

Some really great photos today, too.

Met some Brits at the airport whilst rehiring a car. They'd had a domestic about whether to get on a flight to Chicago to make a connection to the UK Saturday night. They didn't (she won!) and probably just as well

We've decided to leave the drive up to Atlanta til Friday as by then we should have a reasonable idea if its worth going!

Going to have a lazy morning in the pool and if its not raining after lunch maybe explore Celebration!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter