Leaving soon, again :-)

Glad you managed to sort out your flights now Wayne while in Orlando shame you have to do two stops but at least everything is sorted while out in Orlando before you had flown on to another airport and got stuck there.

Enjoy your extra days of sun and fun in the magic.:thumbsup2

Good luck with everything Wayne and family. We're due to fly out next Friday .... we hope!

I think you've made the best out of the situation! Enjoy your extra few days. :thumbsup2

Every (dust)cloud has a silver lining!

Lucky you, Wayne & family, to manage to sort out staying on in Orlando!

Eventually got thru to Delta this morning, 1st available flight they could offer was Tuesday with 2 stops(Atlanta & Paris). I took it, will be a long day but not a lot we can do about it.
Negotiated reasonable rate to stay here at Hampton Inn, could have got a better rate at Comfort Inn next door but hassle moving.
Will have to goto airport to swap cars this afternoon, Booked with Alamo via Expedia for £85, about a third of the price keeping Dollar car.
Sent email to Meet & Greet Heathrow, waiting for a reply.

great news Wayne! much much much better to hang out in orlando, even with all those hassles, than to be stranded in detroit.....while the airport there is nice, it's not a place you want to spend more than a few hours...

now that you've got it mostly sorted, enjoy your extra few days in mickey country!!! :goodvibes

Hi Wayne, so glad you managed to get things sorted:thumbsup2

Enjoy your extra few days:banana:

Eventually got thru to Delta this morning, 1st available flight they could offer was Tuesday with 2 stops(Atlanta & Paris). I took it, will be a long day but not a lot we can do about it.
Negotiated reasonable rate to stay here at Hampton Inn, could have got a better rate at Comfort Inn next door but hassle moving.
Will have to goto airport to swap cars this afternoon, Booked with Alamo via Expedia for £85, about a third of the price keeping Dollar car.
Sent email to Meet & Greet Heathrow, waiting for a reply.

Glad you have managed to sort out a return flight and accomodation.

Safe travels to you all :goodvibes

What a result mate - extra days in the sun !! Get a bit more extra use out of those seaworld annual passes :cool1:

Safe journey home catch up when you finally get back.

What a result mate - extra days in the sun !! Get a bit more extra use out of those seaworld annual passes :cool1:

Already had our moneys worth for this year, been in 4 times, mostly to ride Manta, its brilliant, Yesterday no line again.:cloud9:

Can I ask how much it cost per person for the dolphin trip - that must have been a lovely experience.

Sorry forgot to answer this. It cost $20pp incl tax.

Just got back from airport, collected car from Alamo. A better experience than last time we rented from them. Tried to get me to upgrade, rent GPS, buy roadside Assist but no pressure accepted no 1st time. I did have to prepay for tank of gas, he said it wasn't as option with Expedia bookings, I have still to read Expedia T&C's to comfirm this but at $2.88/gal its a very similar price to local gas stations($2.76 is cheapest around) so didn't mind pre-paying.
Got choice of cars from full size line, majority I would class as intermediate with just 3 or 4 at the far end full size so anyone collecting check the whole row don't just pick from 1st few. I went for the only Dodge Charger there, a bonus when I got in, it only had delivery milage on clock.

Now planning our extra days, Tommorow is a Geocaching meet at Boardwalk so might go there, then in the evening another Mardi Gras parade at Universal with Chicago in concert, should be good.

I'd certainly rather be in your position than those poor souls waiting to fly out. Enjoy your bonus days. :)

Sorry forgot to answer this. It cost $20pp incl tax.

Just got back from airport, collected car from Alamo. A better experience than last time we rented from them. Tried to get me to upgrade, rent GPS, buy roadside Assist but no pressure accepted no 1st time. I did have to prepay for tank of gas, he said it wasn't as option with Expedia bookings, I have still to read Expedia T&C's to comfirm this but at $2.88/gal its a very similar price to local gas stations($2.76 is cheapest around) so didn't mind pre-paying.
Got choice of cars from full size line, majority I would class as intermediate with just 3 or 4 at the far end full size so anyone collecting check the whole row don't just pick from 1st few. I went for the only Dodge Charger there, a bonus when I got in, it only had delivery milage on clock.

Now planning our extra days, Tommorow is a Geocaching meet at Boardwalk so might go there, then in the evening another Mardi Gras parade at Universal with Chicago in concert, should be good.

the boat ride is really reasonable! would probably be 3 times that if it were at disney :rolleyes:

i always rent from alamo and that is one thing i really find annoying - when they push you to upgrade and get roadside assist.....arrgghhh....
surprised to hear they stopped with your first no..

enjoy your bonus days in the sun....and here's hoping you actually get to come home on tuesday.....not all that clear that it's happening any time soon..
i feel terrible for the people stranded all over the place....some in not such nice places as orlando...
we have freight waiting to be shipped from california to germany.....not clear when it's getting out....
the stuff was supposed to be there several days ago....oh oh......hopefully, the recipients won't back out of the contract over this....force majeure and all that....i wonder how this is handled by insurance....

anyway...happy trails!!

Good news Wayne. How about Busch Gardens? I remember you saying earlier in the thread that you hadn't had time to fit it in? We've never been there, so would be interesting to hear about it.
Poor SIL is supposed to be flying out tomorrow, but doesn't look good atm. Her prob is she is using her Disney Vacation points, and is worried she will lose them.
Hope you enjoyed Chicago. They were one of my favourite bands in the late 70's........ (showing my age!)
Enjoy your unexpected piece of magic (more shopping??):goodvibes

Jules x

PS meant to say you all look really well in the photos. Great tans! (Jealous as I'm still winter white!)

Glad you got everything sorted out for the good Wayne.
More of your trip report for us all to look forward to :cool1:

Glad you are all enjoying your extra days in sunny Florida!:) The way things are looking here, I would be surprised if you did make it on the plane on tuesday

Glad you are all enjoying your extra days in sunny Florida!:) The way things are looking here, I would be surprised if you did make it on the plane on tuesday

I was just thinking the same jeanette. Wayne hope you make the most of your extra days I am sure you will.Bet matts glad he has a few more days off school/college:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter