Laura Geller make-up. Yay or nay?

CindysFriend

I’m just somebody that you used to know…
I am “of a certain age” and need some make up. I’m considering getting the Laura Geller Starter Kit. :surfweb: :scratchin

Have any of you used it? Do you like it? :confused3

Thanks in advance! :thanks:

I need to order within the next month because I have a couple of vacations coming up at the end of the summer. Right now on their web site, the prices are lowered (not sure if it’s actually lowered or just a marketing thing), plus 10% off for 4th of July.

I’m hoping to get more responses here. :surfweb:

--->
Can you try the makeup and return it if it doesn't look like you want?

When does one become "of a certain age" I wonder if I am here ;)

To me, makeup changed in my 30s when non wrinkled eyes started to crease and look wrinkly with makeup because makeup makes shadows. So far nothing deals with this well so I don't use it often, if I do I use a little concealer on a q tip and powders like Bare Minerals because they don't seem to crease.

These days less is more but I would try something if it got rave reviews.

I'm a fan of the balance and brighten powder for a quick everyday "no makeup" look. I have the porcelain, fair and medium. Depending on the season I use porcelain or fair all over my face. Medium is used as a bronzer or for eyeshadow. The porcelain is more shimmery than the other two.

I like that it's not a loose powder but wish that it had SPF like BareMinerals.

OOOH! Been seeing the ads directed at me (lol) and was wondering what real world reviews are! Will follow along for reviews!

I use the balance and brighten as well and love it. I actually bought it off of QVC and it was a great sale price and at the time they had free shipping.

I turned 50 this year and I was literally going to start a thread about Laura Geller tomorrow morning! I recieved the Cult Classic kit today and tried it for the first time. It is okay, but I have some research and practice to do on how to apply it.

I've been using BB Creams (Garnier was my favorite, but I can't find it any longer) Benefit was my pricey pick, but I haven't liked it on my skin lately.

I started with moisturizer with sunscreen, then the Laura Geller primer- I used way too much primer, going to try 1 squirt only tomorrow. I then used the baked balance brighten foundation, I brushed it all over my face (I like the kabuki brush that came with the kit) and I barely noticed any coverage. I reapplied about 3 times and saw a little coverage. I think tomorrow I'm going to try dabbing with the brush and not stroking. The blush stayed on well and I didn't mind the highlighter (I've never used highlighter before) I wish I could've chosen the lipstick color because what's included was way too light pink for my taste- but it was smooth and silky! My go to lipstick is Loreal in a berry or wine color. I fill in my brows, 2 coats of mascara (Voluminous is still my favorite) and I'm done! (I don't use eye shadow very often)

The foundation was definately not full coverage, may not even be medium coverage, but it did lightly even my skin tone. You could still see some age spots and my under eyes were still a little dark (but I don't like cakey eye concealer so I just have to live with that lol ) The foundation didn't crease and I wasn't too shiney throughout the day which was nice.

Hope that helps a little and I would love to hear any tips others have!

Crap, I'm 27 but the associate at Sephora recommended Laura Gellar tinted moisturizer lol She did say I had great skin and didn't need much other than that for foundation, so now I'm wondering if she thought I was older than I was...someone just said they thought I was 15 last month hahaha

I will say it took forever to receive it when I ordered from her site .
The coverage is light - like your not wearing a lot of makeup a more natural look - no caking or any problems like that
I moisturizer first and I use a very light tinted moisturizer- then Laura’s foundation powder / rarely use bronze / then blush / then eyes - I use Urban Decay for eyes - then seal everything with Urban Decay Holding spray . I’ve been very happy with Laura Geller and I’m glad I purchased it as I feel it solved the problems I was having with makeup at my age ! I will say I don’t always use her blush but I did put purchase a wheel of blush from her so most of the time I use hers and it looks better with her blush versus my other brands. What makes a difference with using Laura I found is having the correct brushes to apply her makeup . I did play around with that and found that made all the difference- a light touch also no heavy hand needed with her makeup . Hope this helps ! I do like her products and like I said watch for her big sale if December it’s like 60% off !!!

Crap, I'm 27 but the associate at Sephora recommended Laura Gellar tinted moisturizer lol She did say I had great skin and didn't need much other than that for foundation, so now I'm wondering if she thought I was older than I was...someone just said they thought I was 15 last month hahaha
Same thing happened to me at Sephora when I was 29. Told me Laura Gellar was great for my "mature skin."

I bought the starte kit a few months ago. I like it. I think I like it better than the Bare Minerals (I do well with powders even though I have dry skin). The blush that comes with it is just okay and doesn't look as good as my Urban Decay and the highlighter isn't as glossy as some, but it's good. The brush that comes with it is nice. I'd say give it a try!

I just got a Tarte starter kit and was really pleased with the tinted moisturizer, the concealer, the blush and the tinted lip gloss. My brother and sister in law work in the cosmetics industry so i get a lot of estee lauder products and associated brands (clinique, etc) but I was really pleased with the Tarte cosmetics. Just another option to try. They were having such a good sale I mentioned it to my mom and she was quite happy with the products as well. And we are both women of a certain age LOL.

Is this available in stores anywhere or is it online only?

Thanks!

I am 77 years old and have tried many foundations over the years from cheap to very expensive. I always went back to Cover Girl. I've been wearing their Simply Ageless liquid foundation for several years now. I wear a moisturizer under it and pressed powder over it because I like a matte finish. I was tempted to try the Laura Geller products but have not given in.

I'm so glad that I reached "a certain age" a quarter century ago. It didn't matter because I look the same now as I did when I was in my 20's. I know that because I look in a mirror every morning and I don't see any changes, and if I did, I wouldn't care at all. I was told once that most older women look older than older men, could it be because of using makeup most of their adult life. Hmmmm! Could it be that it is makeup that causes wrinkles? Before someone gets all bent out of shape, this whole post of mine is just a joke except that I am a quarter century since I reached "a certain age".

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest