Latest School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever been to a school 5 minutes before the bell. So schools with no money now need to hire a couple dozen security. It takes3 to man each post. One bag check, one at the scanner and one wander. It would cost billions, so what happens outside the metal detectors in the parking lot.
Shoot down ideas, but give none of your own. Guns will not be abolished. I'm telling you.

I just looked up a map of the school shootings since 2013. Every state in the deep South has had multiple school shootings since 2013. It looked like the state with the least school shootings since 2013 was Louisiana, where I counted 23 school shootings in the last 5 years.

Sorry, I don't count a shooting that may have happened in the parking lot as a school shooting. And incident of a young man shooting himself in the parking lot during lunch is counted that way. That is NOT a school mass shooting. It is a suicide. A tragedy, but not the same thing.

Shoot down ideas, but give none of your own. Guns will not be abolished. I'm telling you.
Correct. So, give us the metal detectors!

My classroom door is locked at all times (except for when a kid leaves to use the bathroom and then we have to open the door to let them back in), my window is covered... it does nothing because anyone could still bring a gun into my classroom. Metal detectors at least give us an extra layer of potential protection.

DSC_5454.jpg

Concert venues are safe? Las Vegas was a concert venue with security and it made zero difference. Turning our schools into prisons is not a valid response to this issue.

It happened ONCE compared to how many school shootings? And the shooter wasn't IN the venue.

So let's NOT protect our students and let this continue. Is that your solution?

Or only YOUR idea of a solution will work?

Metal detectors and campus police do not turn schools into prisons. That is a ridiculous statement anyway.

New amendment:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear puppies, shall not be infringed.

Cocker-Spaniel-Puppies-For-Sale-600x600.jpg
As much as I like puppies, and that’s a cute one. I’m not for opening a convention, to many variables.

Have you ever been to a school 5 minutes before the bell. So schools with no money now need to hire a couple dozen security. It takes3 to man each post. One bag check, one at the scanner and one wander. It would cost billions, so what happens outside the metal detectors in the parking lot.

You really don't think they can plan bell time better if they need to? They can change what is in place now. I live in the poorest state in the country and yet every school has campus police officers. Please do not tell me it can't be made a priority. Make it one and the money will be found.

Santa Fe (Spanish: Holy Faith) is a city in Galveston County, Texas, United States. It is named for the Santa Fe Railroad (now part of BNSF Railway) which runs through the town alongside State Highway 6. The population of Santa Fe at the 2010 census was 12,222. It was incorporated in 1878 through the combination of three smaller communities: Alta Loma, Arcadia, and Algoa.

It is served by the Santa Fe Independent School District.

On February 14, 1981, the Ku Klux Klan hosted a fish fry on a private farm in Santa Fe to protest the growing presence of Vietnamese shrimpers in the Gulf. During the event, a Vietnamese fishing boat was ceremonially burned. That controversy, as well as similar conflicts in nearby port towns like Rockport, led to a decision of the United States District Court, S.D.Texas, Houston Division Vietnamese Fishermen's Association v. Knights of the Ku Klux Klan, and also served as the basis for the 1985 Ed Harris film Alamo Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter