Latest School Shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I just saw that. First and foremost, feel beyond horrible for those whose lives have been lost and/or shattered by this senseless violence.

Enough is enough. All guns need to be removed from our society, except police and military. Period. Realistic or not, I don't know...but IMO we need to work as hard as we can in that direction.

It's the SECOND school shooting this week! Thank goodness no one was killed in Dixon, IL. That shooter used a semi automatic rifle his mom bought in 2012.

My thoughts go out to the parents and students of Santa Fe High School.

ENOUGH!

Of all the ideas, selling to 18 years olds would be the first on my list to change. They are just too screwed up at that age. Not saying this guy bought his gun, he probably got it for Christmas but sending a message that guns like alcohol are not for teens is a good idea

Absolutely horrified by the news. We used to live about 20 mi away from Santa Fe and had a few softball tournaments there last year. It's just a quiet little town in the middle of a lot of rural areas that we'd pass through on our way to Galveston.

I know thoughts and prayers won't stop the violence, but may they help bring peace to the families and friends suffering.

I fail to understand why we cannot make it a priority to make our childrens' schools SAFE. First and foremost, before anything else is changed or outlawed or whatever, we just need to make them safe. There are ways to do it. We keep the White House safe. We keep pro football stadiums safe. We keep concert venues safe. Why on earth can we not make our schools safe?

Metal detectors, armed campus police, fences, whatever. We need to do whatever its going to take to make them safe. From guns, from bombs, from whatever comes next in the way of threatening the lives of children.

Surely this is something that we as a society can agree needs to be done and after that, we can all go back to arguing about gun control.

Horrible, so happy that my kids are almost done with school for the year. I feel so bad for the parents/families and communties that have to live through this today.

Franky I feel lucky to live where I do. Shooting are almost non-existent, murders are roughly declining and have been doing so since 2014 (and even then, it hardly peaked), things are basically peaceful. Well, I say that... we do have our share of terrorist nutjobs who think it's righteous to bomb underground trains and so on. Sad really :(

Franky I feel lucky to live where I do. Shooting are almost non-existent, murders are roughly declining and have been doing so since 2014 (and even then, it hardly peaked), things are basically peaceful. Well, I say that... we do have our share of terrorist nutjobs who think it's righteous to bomb underground trains and so on. Sad really :(

Me too. Very little crime here when compared to some countries and gun crime is almost non-existent.

Comes from the Onion but there is truth in that statement.

There are ways to prevent it just like there are ways to prevent anything that isn't an act of God. But we have to quit arguing and trying to find blame and just do it. Making our children safe has to be a top priority.

I am in the US. I am in the deep south. This state has had one school shooting. It was before Columbine or right after, not sure. No one was killed. The boy was captured. Its not like there are shoot outs in the streets in most places in this country. I am not afraid to go out at night. I don't fear being a victim of gun violence. I can truthfully say that I live in the US and where I live is mostly peaceful. I can even say we don't have ANY terrorist attacks in this area.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families as always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter