Late flight - stay at airport or go straight to Disney resort?

We had originally scheduled a late flight for our December trip and I booked a room at the Hyatt. I ended up booking an earlier flight (thank you, Southwest) and cancelled the room. My kids are older than yours and I still figured it was a good idea not to push it. On the flip side, how cool would it be for a kid to spend the night at the airport. I'm a little disappointed we won't be.

Another vote for the Hyatt. We stay there anytime we get in after 9 PM. It is so nice to grab your luggage and go upstairs to the hotel and not spend another couple of hours getting to your resort. We get a good nights sleep have a nice breakfast and are at our resort early in the AM. We frequently stay at the GF and I am not paying those rates for what amounts to a couple of hours. You can check in as early as 7 am...your room probably won't be ready but it is possible.

With kids that age, I would stay at the airport, wake up early and head over to Disney

If it was just myself or just adults, I would probably try to make it over just to get it over with.

What rates do people get for the Hyatt? I see $249 which is about the same rate I'm paying at CR (conference rate). I am flying in late with my 3yo but think I'll just go to CR. I'm hoping that there will be porters to help with my bags for a tip at MCO, right?

I'm seeing around $200 at the Hyatt for our date, and I think I could get it a little bit cheaper with an Orbitz code. I am unfortunately not paying a conference rate at Disney, but if I was, I don't think I'd question going straight to CR!

We are in the exact same boat! Our flight lands at 10:30pm. I have two teens. After some consideration I decided to spend the night at the Hyatt for several reasons.
1. We are arriving on Easter Sunday which means we will all be up very early that morning for services.
2. My 82 year old Mom is traveling with us. I don't want her to get over tired.
3. All of us are better in the morning than we are at night. That is, we are NOT night owls.
4. I realized I had enough Hyatt reward points for a one-night stay, so I was able to save the cost of one night at the Beach Club.

My plan is to book a fake flight for arrival about 8am. I will wake the girls about 7am and pick up breakfast on our way out to the ME line. We will drop our things at BC and then head out to Hollywood Studios for the day.

Looking for insight from those who have done this, as this is the first time we have an evening flight with kids (they will be almost 6 and almost 3).

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at MCO around 10:30 p.m. Would you stay at the airport hotel that night & take ME in the morning, or just book the night at your Disney resort?

Staying at airport would be cheaper (we are staying at GF at Disney), but it'd be nice to already be there that night. On the other hand, we will have two kids up waaay past their bedtimes, and I know ME can take quite a while. They'll be excited, but very overtired, so I'm not sure how they'll act.

Opinions welcome!
I'd stay at MCO Hyatt in your case. It's cheaper, the kids will get to bed at a more reasonable time, and they'll get to enter WDW in daytime, alert & excited and able to see everything.

I think it depends on what your plans are for the next day. If you expect to start touring the parks then it makes sense to stay in the airport hotel and be well rested for the next day. Your Disney room probably won't be ready, but you can leave your luggage with bell services. You have to plan for this when packing though so you will have all the stuff you need for daytime.
My preference would be to get to Disney so the traveling is DONE. Check in online so they know you are coming and if you are lucky you can go right up to your room. I would plan for both kids to be asleep though so double stroller and maybe a luggage cart might be necessary.

I think it depends on what your plans are for the next day. If you expect to start touring the parks then it makes sense to stay in the airport hotel and be well rested for the next day. Your Disney room probably won't be ready, but you can leave your luggage with bell services. You have to plan for this when packing though so you will have all the stuff you need for daytime.
My preference would be to get to Disney so the traveling is DONE. Check in online so they know you are coming and if you are lucky you can go right up to your room. I would plan for both kids to be asleep though so double stroller and maybe a luggage cart might be necessary.

I am considering MVMCP the night of our first full day at GF so we could take it easy in the morning after that late flight.

We usually rent a double stroller from Kingdom but I am going to watch for them on Craigslist because it might be worth it just to buy one so we have it at the airport that night. Only have a single at home because of their 3-year age gap - my oldest only needs one for Disney.

Sorry to reserect this thread but I didn't want to start a new one since there was a similar one already started. We are booked at Disney, December 9th-16th. (Sun-sun) direct flights out are either 7:00 a.m or 4:00pm. Neither of these times are ideal. If we do the 7:00, we would most likely stay at the hotel at our home airport and we would be exhausted by dinner time on our arrival day. If we take the 4:00, I feel like we would miss most of the day because by the time be got to the hotel it would be 8:30 ish.

Today I Had the brilliant idea to fly in on Saturday night and stay that the Hyatt at mco so we wouldn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn and we wouldn't miss half the day. I have plenty of Hyatt points so if won't cost us anything. SW has a 3:30 direct flight which would get us into to mco at 6:30 on Saturday, we could grab dinner and a drink somewhere, get to bed early and start our day fresh on Sunday.

Here is my real question and the reason for my long explanation. Could we still use the yellow tags and have our suitcases taken to the resort on Saturday even though we wouldn't be checking in until Sunday. (We would ovboulsly pack an outfit and toiletries in out carry ons.

We always arrive late and when staying value or Mod we reserve that night. The times we stayed at deluxe and the price was above $300, we would reserve a value resort for that night this way we can hit the parks and let WDW move our luggage the next day.

No way - go to Disney! Who wants to wake up at the airport? Check in isn't until 4pm so if you want to rest/nap during the day you can't. We are landing at 11:40 in November and plan to ME to Poly and have a nice relaxing morning at the resort then hit a park or two. I want my Disney time!

I agree - and you wont have to wait around till 4:00 or so the following day to check in - totally worth the $$ in my opinion.

Sorry to reserect this thread but I didn't want to start a new one since there was a similar one already started. We are booked at Disney, December 9th-16th. (Sun-sun) direct flights out are either 7:00 a.m or 4:00pm. Neither of these times are ideal. If we do the 7:00, we would most likely stay at the hotel at our home airport and we would be exhausted by dinner time on our arrival day. If we take the 4:00, I feel like we would miss most of the day because by the time be got to the hotel it would be 8:30 ish.

Today I Had the brilliant idea to fly in on Saturday night and stay that the Hyatt at mco so we wouldn't have to wake up at the crack of dawn and we wouldn't miss half the day. I have plenty of Hyatt points so if won't cost us anything. SW has a 3:30 direct flight which would get us into to mco at 6:30 on Saturday, we could grab dinner and a drink somewhere, get to bed early and start our day fresh on Sunday.

Here is my real question and the reason for my long explanation. Could we still use the yellow tags and have our suitcases taken to the resort on Saturday even though we wouldn't be checking in until Sunday. (We would ovboulsly pack an outfit and toiletries in out carry ons.

I would go straight to Disney and check in. I wouldn't stay at the airport.

I would go straight to Disney and check in. I wouldn't stay at the airport.
This is already going to be a $5,000 trip for the 2 of us. (We are buying annual passes) so I don't want to add another $300+ onto it when I can stay close for free. We can live without our suitcases for the night, I'll have to call and see if they will hold them.

Not likely. I mean, there's a chance they'll figure out where they go but they scan the tags for a resort check in for that day, not the next day so there's also a chance they won't. Do you really want to have your bags in limbo and have them maybe make it? Or maybe left at the airport, homeless? I sure wouldn't screw around with my stuff in maybe land. Get your bags. Why wouldn't you?

Not likely. I mean, there's a chance they'll figure out where they go but they scan the tags for a resort check in for that day, not the next day so there's also a chance they won't. Do you really want to have your bags in limbo and have them maybe make it? Or maybe left at the airport, homeless? I sure wouldn't screw around with my stuff in maybe land. Get your bags. Why wouldn't you?
That's a good point that I didn't think of. We can take them to the hotel then on the Magic express, I was just hoping we wouldn't have to lug them with us. We haven't made a final decision on it yet. We still have plenty of time.

That's a good point that I didn't think of. We can take them to the hotel then on the Magic express, I was just hoping we wouldn't have to lug them with us. We haven't made a final decision on it yet. We still have plenty of time.
Yeah, I get where you are coming from. I don't like to do that myself. But I like it more than lost luggage.
We are coming in on a late flight late next month and I have to get our bags, take them to a room at the Hyatt too. Though I don't think we are going to bother with ME. I'm just going to call for Uber the next morning. Much easier

As mentioned I don’t think your idea of having your luggage sent to GF the night before. We’ve done this just because after a long day of travel the thought of the long bus ride and then wait for luggage to be delivered wasn’t my idea on how to start. Plus you’re probably going to be hungry and can your family wait until you got to the GF, situated in your room and then eat?

We are flying in at 11 pm on 8/1 but not checking into beach club till 8/2. Had originally booked pop for first night just so we’d be there but just yesterday changed to Hyatt at mco. Reason is by the time we get our luggage and get on ME it’ll be quite a while before getting to pop, then we have to have luggage transferred next day. Staying at airport, I’ll be in room by 11:30 and up and at em early next morning and head straight to BC, drop our bags and head to MK.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter