Ladies, need (inexpensive) wedding ring advice/input

Sorry that people are giving you such a hard time about planning this awesome surprise for my wife. I would be blown away if my DH planned something like this and would just love it.

Sorry that people are giving you such a hard time about planning this awesome surprise for my wife. I would be blown away if my DH planned something like this and would just love it.
I’m not sure we’re giving him a hard time. It’s more like a warning. This could backfire BIG. Especially since he mentions they’ve been struggling lately. His intentions are good and it’s heartfelt but it could very well make her feel like he didn’t take her feelings into consideration.

No worries, doesn't bug me at all. I appreciate their comments and understand their viewpoint, and also am trusting my own judgement and knowledge of my wife. Frankly, I'm kind of glossing over those comments as I'm really looking for input on a ring (or whatever).

No worries, doesn't bug me at all. I appreciate their comments and understand their viewpoint, and also am trusting my own judgement and knowledge of my wife. Frankly, I'm kind of glossing over those comments as I'm really looking for input on a ring (or whatever).
I think a simple diamond band would be appropriate, but I don't know if you could get one within the budget you'd like to spend.

I love James Avery jewelry. They have lots of silver rings, some wedding and anniversary bands. Their quality is fantastic.

I love claddagh rings. Perhaps this might be a way to express your feelings without competing with her wedding bands? They are made in many different metals and can be as ornate or plain as you prefer.

The ring I wear came from Macy's. It's 14K gold, has 3 garnets (the center stone is slightly larger than the ones on either side) and there are 2 tiny diamond chips at either end of the set stones. I love it, it's simple and pretty, and cost DH $125 about ten years ago. Good luck finding something you like- maybe something with her birthstone, or the stone for the month you do the renewal?

I agree that diamond earrings are very expensive for a decent size pair.

A few years back DH got me these for Christmas. They were very nicely appointed. This company also makes rings and bracelets. I would go with them again.

I'm pretty sure these are the ones I got:

https://www.moissaniteco.com/4prong-martini-princess-moissanite-stud-earrings-p-8308.html
I did NOT want him to spend a lot. (To be truthful, I would've been happy with costume ones, too. But I know this is a special occasion for you. And he wanted to get me nice ones, too.)

Thought I'd circle back and update this. After reading the posts and spending more time thinking about it, I decided to skip buying any type of jewelry at all...no rings, no bracelet, etc.. I don't wear any jewelry except my wedding ring (I don't even own a watch), and I'm happy with the ring I have. DW doesn't wear a lot either and likes her rings. So I decided to spend the money on a photographer instead. I figured that would mean more to her, to have those pictures that will last forever, including pictures wiht the kids.

The story I came up with to get her to the church was that I had someone interested in buying one of our cars (we really are selling it). I told her he wanted to meet me to go to the bank and get everything done. The place I told her to meet me after she got off work was very close to the church. I figured if she met me there, I'd have the kids with me and just have her follow me to the church. Of course, as luck would have it, she finished work early that day and texted me saying she was on her way home first. Yikes!!! :scared1: Had to think fast. Hid the flowers I had just bought in the trunk of the car. I stuck to the same story and said she could just follow me to the location and I'd bring the kids with me so that we could leave right away and get the kids where they needed to go. She was still fooled until I refused to change out of my work clothes into shorts/t-shirt. I tried to make up an excuse as to why I didn't want to change, but she had a raised eyebrow and laughed saying "I don't believe you, you're up to something...." I kept up the act and had her follow me, but we went right to the church.

The photographer was there first, which was planned. So she thought we were just doing pictures. That went great, the weather was spectacular. We did a ton of pictures with everyone, in all different combinations. Me with my boys, me with my daughter, me with all 3 kids, same with DW, etc... Then the pastor showed up and DW had a huge smile. She was very touched by it all and the ceremony went off great. She was smiling and making light hearted jokes at me the whole time. For example, when I read the part I personally prepared, she smiled and said "Did you REALLY write all that?" She tried not to get teary, but she couldn't help it. As soon as it was over, we did have to leave quickly as our daughter had a game.

I'm very happy I did it, and can't wait to see how the pictures came out. I asked her several times later and even the next day and I'm certain she was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it. It's a memory we'll have forever. Thanks for all of the input!!!

Thought I'd circle back and update this. After reading the posts and spending more time thinking about it, I decided to skip buying any type of jewelry at all...no rings, no bracelet, etc.. I don't wear any jewelry except my wedding ring (I don't even own a watch), and I'm happy with the ring I have. DW doesn't wear a lot either and likes her rings. So I decided to spend the money on a photographer instead. I figured that would mean more to her, to have those pictures that will last forever, including pictures wiht the kids.

The story I came up with to get her to the church was that I had someone interested in buying one of our cars (we really are selling it). I told her he wanted to meet me to go to the bank and get everything done. The place I told her to meet me after she got off work was very close to the church. I figured if she met me there, I'd have the kids with me and just have her follow me to the church. Of course, as luck would have it, she finished work early that day and texted me saying she was on her way home first. Yikes!!! :scared1: Had to think fast. Hid the flowers I had just bought in the trunk of the car. I stuck to the same story and said she could just follow me to the location and I'd bring the kids with me so that we could leave right away and get the kids where they needed to go. She was still fooled until I refused to change out of my work clothes into shorts/t-shirt. I tried to make up an excuse as to why I didn't want to change, but she had a raised eyebrow and laughed saying "I don't believe you, you're up to something...." I kept up the act and had her follow me, but we went right to the church.

The photographer was there first, which was planned. So she thought we were just doing pictures. That went great, the weather was spectacular. We did a ton of pictures with everyone, in all different combinations. Me with my boys, me with my daughter, me with all 3 kids, same with DW, etc... Then the pastor showed up and DW had a huge smile. She was very touched by it all and the ceremony went off great. She was smiling and making light hearted jokes at me the whole time. For example, when I read the part I personally prepared, she smiled and said "Did you REALLY write all that?" She tried not to get teary, but she couldn't help it. As soon as it was over, we did have to leave quickly as our daughter had a game.

I'm very happy I did it, and can't wait to see how the pictures came out. I asked her several times later and even the next day and I'm certain she was very pleasantly surprised and enjoyed it. It's a memory we'll have forever. Thanks for all of the input!!!
Congratulations to you both and best wishes for many more happy years. :flower3:

Thanks for the update. Sounds like your plan was a success! Hope you have beautiful photos and many cherished memories of the day.

I would get her something that represents your family, maybe something that has all your birthstones (like a necklace or bracelet) or a stacking set.
Just want to say what a wonderful surprise for her that you planned. Happy Anniversary!
Check out Etsy and I bet you could find something with all your birthstones-and a ring is a lovely idea, but a necklace or charm bracelet would work as well.
I’m not someone that would have chosen to do a vow renewal, but if my husband went to all the thought and effort you are making I would be thrilled beyond words!

Edit-missed your update, but glad everything went so smoothly!

WOW!!!! That was great, Klayfish!! Beautiful.

Congratulations to you both, and the kids also. Continued good wishes for a long lifetime of health and happiness for you both. .

Glad all went so well. Love that you went with the photographer and will have the pictures to treasure b It’s good for the soul to read a happy/positive story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter