• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lack of communication from Fidelity

Going through Fidelity here also. I actually went to First American’s office here in Vegas today to drop off paperwork. It’s in a nice shopping center so they must be doing a lot of business as the rent can’t be cheap. It will be interesting to see how long the wait is now.

They sent ours 1/22 and she emailed this morning and told me it was waived. im surprised since they don’t work weekends. But I will take. No hurry on the last part for me. The contract won’t be used till 2022 anyway. We are also using first American.
Just Quoting myself to say we are still waiting on closing documents. First american is very slow. I would request a different title company if you are in a hurry.

I'm closed and all done now, and I'm REALLY happy with Mason, and most importantly, with my price. Once this passed off from Fidelity, it was seamless.

How long did it take for your contract to close once it passed ROFR?
I'm waiting to find out if my contract passed. Fidelity sent it to Disney on 2/14, I believe.
I specifically requested Mason as my title company after reading this thread.

I'm currently dealing with Fidelity and I had read on this board about their speed (thank you guys), so it's not as frustrating as it could be. But I kept my eye on all of the DVC resale sites and this one popped up for animal kingdom that was just too good to pass up.

As a matter of fact I would not be surprised if it gets taken.

Time will tell.

I have used TSS (Jerry), Fidelity (Bonnie), DVC Resale (Scotty), and DVC Magic (Scott). Everyone has their pluses and minuses. Unfortunately, we only hear when there is an issue. I have had issues with each of the resale company in purchasing and in selling. The big difference between a good reputable company and fly by night company is how they will handle the issue. Some of the issues are created internally and other are out of their control. Overall, I feel all four I have dealt with are professional and reputable companies. Nobody is perfect, but they do the best they can.

How long did it take for your contract to close once it passed ROFR?
I'm waiting to find out if my contract passed. Fidelity sent it to Disney on 2/14, I believe.
I specifically requested Mason as my title company after reading this thread.

Disney returned the ROFR a little early, after the stock market crash.

After ROFR, paperwork within a few days, and both sides completed in a few days. About a week total after ROFR.

I know many problems are due to delays on the seller/buyer side, which wasn't an issue, thank the Force.

I would use Fidelity/Mason again.

Here is our timeline, so give you an idea how how long it took. We used First American Title.

We made the offer on 1/14 through email. Wasn't accepted till 1/16. I had to email to ask if they had heard anything back from the seller before I got the response.

Wasn't submitted to ROFR till 1/22, this was probably more on the seller as he didn't sign the agreement till 1-20, but not sure why it took 2 more days to submit. We received an email 2/8 that we passed ROFR. We didn't get closing docs till 2/21 and returned them right away with our check.

The seller didn't return the docs till 3/3. We closed on 3/4 and the deed was recorded on 3/5.

So almost 2 months. Probably will be 2 months by the time the points are in my account. Really not too bad. Our first resale contract 2 years ago took a bit longer. I would do it again for the deal we got, but if you like to get kept up to date I would recommend a different broker. Just depends on what is more important to you.

Is this common? We signed a contract Thursday and they still haven’t sent us a copy of it or ran the deposit on our credit card. It worries me that they are moving so slow and don’t communicate well. It makes me want to cancel with them but I don’t know if I can without losing the deposit
Sorry to hear that your experience isn't going great. We just finished our process with Fidelity and it went great. I think a lot of it has to do with the agent you get. Our agent Frank was fantastic. We did have to check in a few times for updates but doing that was worth the $4000 we saved versus what other sites were getting for similar contracts. It was just over 6 weeks from the day we put an offer in until the day the points hit our account....incredibly fast! First American was ok...I reached out to them a couple times for updates and to confirm the process. This was our first DVC purchase so I was a little apprehensive, but Fidelity was great. Especially for the $$$.

We have a contract waiting on ROFR right now with Fidelity. We requested Jeffrey Sweet as our title company as I've heard bad things about First American and we had a very good experience with Jeffrey Sweet on our last resale contract. Fidelity did drag their feed a bit on the contract, it took about 2 days after offer acceptance to having the contract to sign. We signed it on a Friday, they submitted to Disney on Monday, and they emailed me Wednesday telling me it had been submitted.

I have had very quick response and updates from Fidelity with my current contract. I think a lot depends on agent. Now First American can be another issue as in my first resale they were the hold up. Now with this resale will see how they are now. I did not request another closing company because in no hurry for points and was so surprised that offer was accepted.

I have had very quick response and updates from Fidelity with my current contract. I think a lot depends on agent. Now First American can be another issue as in my first resale they were the hold up. Now with this resale will see how they are now. I did not request another closing company because in no hurry for points and was so surprised that offer was accepted.
I just got word from Fidelity today, that DVC waived ROFR on our SSR contract !
The agent took the time to call me late this afternoon, before she left for her weekend. I appreciated her responsiveness, and the thoughtfulness to give me the good news via phone, rather then sending me through another weekend wondering.
I was also told that First American would be our Title Company. This is my first Resale Purchase, so I don't have experience/pre-set expectations. I updated the ROFR Thread & the Closing Time thread with the info!
I am so excited, and pleasantly surprised that our offer passed ROFR, that I may update every thread on the DISBoards ! :D
ET:darth:

My contract passed ROFR 3/6. Have not received closing documents. Emailed broker at fidelity on Friday and no response so far. I thought I was not in a hurry but this is ridiculous!!!
Closing agent is First American .What a bad combinationo of these two.

My contract passed ROFR 3/6. Have not received closing documents. Emailed broker at fidelity on Friday and no response so far. I thought I was not in a hurry but this is ridiculous!!!
Closing agent is First American .What a bad combinationo of these two.
Ours passed February 20 and closing docs came exactly 3 weeks later. We were closed and recorded exactly 1 week after that. I guess it depends on who is still working now. Our agents at Fidelity and First American responded to our emails promptly.

Ours passed on 3-24

Haven't been overly impressed with my agents interactions to this point. I was warned closing docs could take 2 to 3 weeks. I can't imagine being a seller and waiting all this time for their money.

Yes....First American is the title company....Surprise Surprise.

To be fair fidelity is not the problem after you have pass ROFR. It’s 100% either Disney or First American. I would lean toward First American although the shut down probably isn’t helping now.

To be fair fidelity is not the problem after you have pass ROFR. It’s 100% either Disney or First American. I would lean toward First American although the shut down probably isn’t helping now.

Well sort of. We bought through Fidelity but specified Jeffrey Sweet as our closing attorney. Fidelity sent our contract over to First American anyways after we passed ROFR. After that day or two delay things moved very quickly once they notified the correct company.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter