Lack of communication from Fidelity

Here's a datapoint:
4 successful contracts passed through ROFR and closing/closed since Nov. --- none of them are with Fidelity.
2 bids that got taken through Fidelity
2 bids that didn't make it it through to contract with Fidelity.

--so yes, been active with 4 different agents with Fidelity -- 2 of 4 were extremely slow while 1 was responsive and other one semi responsive. It's like enterprise rentals; a major player, but not in the same league as avis/hertz/national

I have had success with Fidelity but it did require me to poke both Fidelity and the title company for status if I thought documents were overdue. For some reason the first
e-mail from the title company would get lost but the resend would go through.

We bought one or two of our seven contracts thru Fidelity. Yes, they may be a little slow and quiet, but everything went thru fine.

I would rather have the extra money in my pocket rather than have my hand held. I actually had issues with one of the other companies as we had a delayed close and the closing docs were in my junk folder for a month as no one told me they were sent. I finally inquired and then figured out what happened.

To each their own and everyone needs to do what they are most comfortable with.

I'm going through my BLT resale through Fidelity. My ROFR submission didn't get submitted until 10 days after verbal offer. It turned out the seller actually signed their contract (not electronically) after 3 days receiving it and Fidelity taking 1 week to process to ROFR. Luckily, I passed ROFR (12 days later) and on the the next step. I didn't realize to pick my title company, so probably another 2 week wait with First American and I'm guessing the seller might be slow in getting their paperwork in. The price I got is worth the savings and the slow crawl :snail: to becoming a "DVC" member. I don't have my big trip until Nov/Dec 2021, so I have all the time to wait.

If you can find good prices with the other brokers, please do so, but just make sure it's worth the premium to get those points.

I emailed her to get out of the contract. We learned our lesson and for us it’s better to stick to some of the other companies even if it’s a little more pricey

Which resort were you looking at? And what was their response when you emailed them to get out?

Ironically we were in the same boat with Fidelity. Offered on a contract the 20th which was accepted, signed contract on 21st. I wanted to work with Jeffrey C Sweets Title Co this time so had to overnight our check deposit vs paying via credit card with First American. I continued multiple times to follow up with agent in status of fully executed contract. A week later on the 29th I just got our executed docs and was told it was sent to ROFR. Agent told me the original contract coordinator quit without notice over the past weekend which threw a monkey wrench. I will say we worked with Fidelity last contract as well, and it is like pulling teeth. The cost per point savings is there which is the only reason we went back, I just pester the crap out of them. Last time the First American Title seemed to be the biggest delay which is why we switched this contract. It is such a process...sigh.

Which resort were you looking at? And what was their response when you emailed them to get out?
Saratoga Springs 75 points at 102 per point. Oh she answered me and said she understood and was sorry within about 30 minutes but couldn’t answer my other emails to check on status. I think they got an above asking offer and wanted me to back out 🤷🏻‍♀️

thats a good price for a small contract. was it loaded with 2020 UY points? i have consistently heard about fidelity being slow which causes me to hesitate working with them. but as another poster mentioned, sometimes the savings is worth it. best of luck on your closing.

thats a good price for a small contract. was it loaded with 2020 UY points? i have consistently heard about fidelity being slow which causes me to hesitate working with them. but as another poster mentioned, sometimes the savings is worth it. best of luck on your closing.
It had 2020 points and 2019 banked. We ended up moving on and have an offer in on an April UY. AKL at $105 pp

I have had similar experience with Fidelity. They are SLOW! They don't take down or mark a listing as "sale pending" for a long while. I've probably put in 10 offers on different listings and NONE were available & I check every single day. Very frustrating.

My contract is in ROFR with Fidelity/Mason.

It took about a day to get an answer on email from my salesman, I found he was better on the phone, and eventually I got an offer accepted. Fidelity messed up the contract, but that was fixed a day later. Typos happen everywhere. I care about math, not getting my hand held. At this point, Fidelity's involvement is almost over anyway.

I emailed her to get out of the contract. We learned our lesson and for us it’s better to stick to some of the other companies even if it’s a little more pricey

Make sure you follow the cancellation rules on the contract. Email is not it. I'd hate for you to get stung.

My contract is in ROFR with Fidelity/Mason.

It took about a day to get an answer on email from my salesman, I found he was better on the phone, and eventually I got an offer accepted. Fidelity messed up the contract, but that was fixed a day later. Typos happen everywhere. I care about math, not getting my hand held. At this point, Fidelity's involvement is almost over anyway.
I don’t care about getting hand held but I do care about someone saying I will have this to you on X date and to the finance company and it not being done after repeated requests by me and the finance company. That’s just bad business

Well, looks like they never submitted mine to ROFR until I reminded them, great.

Baby Yoda, give me the patience to deal with this. If this contract weren't such a good deal I would be out. I just need this to get to Mason, and then everything will be fine, right???

Well, looks like they never submitted mine to ROFR until I reminded them, great.

Baby Yoda, give me the patience to deal with this. If this contract weren't such a good deal I would be out. I just need this to get to Mason, and then everything will be fine, right???
Eek! So you thought it had been there for a week 😬

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter