Kelly & Devin's 9/22/12 Disney Themed NY Wedding PJ

Hi Kelly :wave2:

Just got caught up with the new updates. I'm sorry to hear about the drama with your friend. It's really hard when someone you thought you were close to disappoints you. Just try not to dwell on her negativity, and focus on the other amazing ladies that you have standing up with you as your bridesmaids :goodvibes

I really like your bridesmaid dresses!! The color, fabric, and sweetheart neckline are gorgeous! Unfortunately, bubble hemlines aren't the most flattering of hemlines on anyone over a size 2, but I think the other attributes of the dress counteract this.

The different colored sashes and matching flowers are such a great idea! I especially love the fact that you're corresponding those with the princesses and bringing in a subtle Disney element :cloud9: So fun!

I like the idea of a storybook seating chart, but maybe you could simplify it. Like have it be an open book, but with pages more like the scroll seating chart. Maybe you could Disney-fy it even... ::MickeyMo
Like one of the classic books shown in Snow White or Sleeping Beauty
http://www.disneydreaming.com/2009/09/10/treasures-displayed-at-disneys-d23-expo/
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2008/12/ready_sleeping_beautys_walkthr.html

Catching up. First, your wedding shoes are gorgeous! Second, your wedding invitations are even more gorgeous! I literally gasped when I saw them.

I love the idea of having different coloured sashes for your bridesmaids reflecting the princesses! And the matching bouquets. That arrangement is really lovely! Personally I really love the storybook seating chart, so that one gets my vote! It is perhaps a little over the top, but it really fits the theme, as you say. It really makes a statement!

YAY for Jimmy Choos! I have an addiction... :rolleyes: I LOVE YOUR REACTION! I am so happy you said that! I really wanted the invites to be the setting for the whole wedding. It was important to me with a very large price tag at about $2000.00 for 70 invites. :sad2:

Thank you for the encouragement on the bridesmaid ideas I put together and I am really lucky to have such great disbrides that can give me great input when I am confused.

It seems there have been some good updates since the last time I checked in here!
* Your invites are absolutely gorgeous! I love them!
* I really love the idea of having the sashes and flowers be different colors to represent a different princess. That will be a lot of fun.
* If you have the roses colored, just make sure they use the actual spray rather than the dye! A lot of places choose to go with dyed roses if you want colored ones, but the color can leak through the stems. I had blue roses in my bouquet and they made sure to spray them. The only thing is that you don't get as deep or dark a color with the spray vs. the dye.
* I like both of the seating charts, but if it were me I think I'd pick the second one. The idea of the first one is cute but there is just a little bit too much going on there for me!

OMG Becky!! :hug: I saw the pictures from your wedding and it was perfect!! So happy for you both!

Yes, things have been moving along pretty well lately! YAY! I love the invitations too! Happy with how they turned out.

You know I just had to incorporate the princesses somehow. :thumbsup2 Yeah, the florist we are using is actually Bayport Flower House, LOL. They only will do Spray, so we will have to see how dark that color can be.

I agree with you for the storybook but I think I found something a little in the middle!! Really excited!

Thanks for coming back and reading my PJ. :woohoo:

Hi Kelly :wave2:

Just got caught up with the new updates. I'm sorry to hear about the drama with your friend. It's really hard when someone you thought you were close to disappoints you. Just try not to dwell on her negativity, and focus on the other amazing ladies that you have standing up with you as your bridesmaids :goodvibes

I really like your bridesmaid dresses!! The color, fabric, and sweetheart neckline are gorgeous! Unfortunately, bubble hemlines aren't the most flattering of hemlines on anyone over a size 2, but I think the other attributes of the dress counteract this.

The different colored sashes and matching flowers are such a great idea! I especially love the fact that you're corresponding those with the princesses and bringing in a subtle Disney element :cloud9: So fun!

I like the idea of a storybook seating chart, but maybe you could simplify it. Like have it be an open book, but with pages more like the scroll seating chart. Maybe you could Disney-fy it even... ::MickeyMo
Like one of the classic books shown in Snow White or Sleeping Beauty
http://www.disneydreaming.com/2009/09/10/treasures-displayed-at-disneys-d23-expo/
http://land.allears.net/blogs/lauragilbreath/2008/12/ready_sleeping_beautys_walkthr.html

Hey there,

Thanks so much for the support. I definitely have moved on since then and I am so grateful for the girls in my wedding party now. I don't think I could have gotten through this whole wedding without them. :lovestruc

The bridesmaids dresses I definitely fell in love with because of the color and material. I was a bit worried about the dresses being that there are some girls with curves wearing them but I really do hope they will work it!

Yes, I totally love the fact that a lot of the wedding details are subtle Disney touches. I just didn't want it to SCREAM, yes, this is a child's birthday party, LOL. I am really excited because I even have princesses pins to add to each of the bouquet wraps.

I LOVE THOSE BOOKS!! I want to take them home with me!! I wish the Sleeping Beauty book was for sale, :(

I think I've found a scroll that I can add a few touches to, to make it more Fairy Tale like.

Here's the scroll seating chart:

scrollsatinbow.jpg

And then I figured I could add handle pieces to make it look even more like a old school scroll.

Hello!! Just wanted to answer your questions about your updates. First let me say, wow! to those Jimmy Choo shiny beauties! Oh my! They are stunning. I also think your BM dresses are cute and having different sashes will be super fun. How do they like them? I think the pictures look good and the girls look nice.

In regards to the BM drama, ugggg, how rude. The sad thing about weddings is you find out just how devoted people are to you. I have two MOHs and one of them never calls or offers help in any way. And that's just how she is so I don't fret about it. People can be selfish, and as wrong as they are, you just have to be happy for the good BMs you have and not let stinky MOH mess up your happy day. She should step up her game but if she doesn't then don't let it ruin things for you (hard, I know).

Your invites are beautiful! So pretty and unique. I love the sparkle on them, they match y our shoes lol. :thumbsup2

And I like the scroll chart better. It's not as busy as the book, although the book is cool. But I think the scroll is best. JMO. Everything is coming together wonderfully!

I hope your wedding day was awesome!! Please come back and post pictures, we'd love to see! :goodvibes

Also, we used Bayport Flower House too and I loved my flowers, so I'm sure yours were amazing too!

Congrats on your wedding, I hope you had a fabulous day! I'm from Long Island too and I just found your PJ and gotten all caught up. I love your ideas and can't wait to see some pictures of how it all came together! :goodvibes

Hi! I loved reading your story!! I'm in the throws of wedding planning too and I totally love your engagement party invitations! I'm from Long Island too and was hoping you could send me in the right direction!! Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter