Jay-nee's journal

Hi There,

I am sorry I haven't been around. I am glad your surgery went well, and thqat you are on the road to recovery. It is good to hear that you are taking things slowly. I'm sure now that you are back to exercising you'll reach that goal. Take extra good care of yourself.
Beth

I'm so glad to hear you were able to bike without pain or strain! I know how important it is to feel 'normal' again! You're doing great-- just don't overdo it. You'll be biking fast and furious again in no time :)

Sundie

officially 3 weeks today!

Jenn, Beth, and Sunny - Thanks for the very kind words. It's nice just knowing that my fellow WISHers are pulling for me! I am feeling better today, my belly button still hurts a bit, but I'm trying not to bend, etc to aggravate it! But, thanks for reminding me to take it slow!

I will try and bike again today using the same strategy. Also, today is WI day. I so hope there is not damage, but if so, I will deal with it! I have to wait until DH gets up to WI because scale is in our bathroom. I am excited because I think I've done pretty well this past week.

Tomorrow I am back to work, but just for 2 short days, so that's not too bad. I only work 20 hrs a week, so I am mostly a SAHM because we homeschool our 2 kids. It has stopped snowing so I am hoping to, maybe, get out of the house to do something (anything!).

I was even able to walk the dog this morning. It's still slippery, but I was careful.

Does anyone out there do yoga? I will be doing pilates once the Dr okays, but in the meantime, I'd love to learn more about yoga. Because of my knee I can't do the traditional walking, running, etc. And a membership to the local pool is way TOO much money. Although that would probably be best...

Speaking of my knee, it has been feeling so much better since I started biking regularly. If I only got that out of this journey, even that would be worth it!

I will check in later today with my WI, hoping for good news...

I did it, 5 extra lbs forever gone. So psyched, even made my New Years Challenge goal too.

Now, I will just continue to work on that Dec Exercise Challenge goal of 1000, but I am already at 677 and should be just over 700 after today.

Thanks everyone for ALL of your support. It is so nice knowing you got my back!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Congratulations on the new clippie!!!!!! Great job on your exercise minutes. AND you made your New Years Challenge goal WHOOO HOOOOO!!!! I'm still 3 away from mine, probably won't happen but I'm not upset about it. This is probably my first holiday season of losing EVER!!!!!!

Keep up the great work!

Sundie

I am so psyched... You still have almost 2 weeks until New Years, try to stay on track and you'll make it for sure. But, if you don't at least you know you didn't gain as much as you would have, right? That's how I look at it!

We are staying home for Christmas so I think it will be easier to stay on track. I told DH not to get me the gobs of candy that he usually fills my stocking with, hopefully, he will be mindful (I asked DS to keep an eye on things too... my little elf...)...

But, the kids do want Shrimp Alfredo, so I am going to have to be very careful! They asked for salad too, so I will lean towards that ALOT! It should be okay though. I love a fresh salad...

Have you lived in Burlington long? I'm originally from Georgetown up by Newburyport until I was 11, then up to Maine. Still not considered a Mainer though...

Happy Holidays! Sounds like you have a GREAT attitude! I love it!

Thanks to all who have posted supporting me!

I've been doing really great with my eating habits, tonight and tomorrow are the true tests of my will-power! I'm try to think about it ahead of time so I can stay on track. I will allow myself to "cheat" a bit tomorrow though.

I have consistently been biking all week for 30 minutes. I give myself a little challenge each day to see how things are feeling. So far, so good. I go see Dr for post-op on the 30th, hoping she gives me the true green light. Then I will start to add pilates every other day again. I asked for a upper body pilates DVD for Xmas, so maybe I'll have a new workout for New Years.

I feel so good and much healthier. I went on a website the other day to calculate my BMI and I am considered obese at any weight over 185, so it will be nice to drop below that point for that reason alone! I am 5'6" and my target weight should be anything below 154 according to BMI. So my goal of 155, is a pretty good starting point. If I am a fit 155, I think that I'll be happy there. If I drop too low, I start to look really gaunt in the face anyway.

So, just wanted to check in. Also, to everyone here at WISH, Happy Holidays! I'll try and check in the next few days...

Did you get your Pilates DVD? I asked for the FIRM 3-in-1 system and got it! I am so excited! I'm glad to hear your biking is working for you. You sound so positive, and you've set healthy realistic goals. Good for you!

Sundie

jay-nee--good luck with your post op appointment!! always nice to get the "green light"..hope your christmas was good! talk to u soon!!

Hey Girls! Things are going really well. I did "pretty good" this past weekend, I can't wait 'til all the "good" stuff is gone! I am definately a complusive eater, so scary, but it runs in my family. Until my knee problems started again, I was so active it never really mattered to me. Now, it matters! :-)

I hope you both had a wonderful Christmas Holiday!

I exercised all three days of the holiday, so proud of myself! I'm doing really great on the bike, ramping it up really slowly each day as long as I am feeling good.

Sunny, yes, I did get the new DVD, I can't wait to try it! Did you get your new FIRM DVDs? I hope so... I will try the new pilates DVD once Dr gives me the ok when I see her this Thursday. I'm excited!

Also, Sunny, yes, I am a pretty positive person, I love to wake up each day and see what life brings... It's just me...

Happy Holidays all!

Hey jaynee! I admire you so much for working out every day during the holiday! :faint: I did it Thanksgiving but seemed to lose all willpower come Christmas time. You go girl! You're an inspiration! ::yes::

Yep, I got my Firm DVDs :cool1:

I did the Fat Blasting Cardio one today :cheer2:

Which Pilates did you get? I have GIAIM AM/PM Pilates and The Method Pilates. I love them both.

Sundie

it has been 4 weeks since joining WISH. It has really helped me to stay motivated. I feel healthier and just better for starting this journey and it's so nice to have a great group of people around me. I'll get my 1 month Clippie on Thursday, can't wait!

I will be weighing myself this am, once DH gets up (he works evenings). Always interesting to see how the numbers fall, huh?

I am keeping up with my biking, so far my monthly total is 890 as of yesterday. I feel confident that I will make my goal this month. I have already signed up for the Jan challenge, but as I will be on vacation at WDW for 10 of the days, this will be a true challenge. I am planning on doing some circuit-type work while I am there, each am and pm for 10 minutes or so. Just to stay on track. I won't count the swimming and walking, but I am sure there will be plenty of walking and, hopefully, some swimming too.

Sunny - I got the upper body Winsor Pilates. I have the Basics, Abs, Lower Body, and the Advance Body Sculpting. No idea if this is a good program or not, but a friend of mine told me about them so I asked for them for my Bday a few years back, never really used them until now (typical, huh?). I am still on the Basics one (before surgery), but now that I am biking each day, I think the upper body one will compliment, hopefully my theory is correct. Have you ever tried the Winsor series? What did you think? Congrats on getting the FIRM DVDs, good job to who picked those up!!!

Princess Michelle - I am trying to just stay focused, so far it is working. I did cheat a bit 'cause DH bought me these awesome handmade candy canes from a local candy store, very yummy... But, what I find now that I have cut down my refined sugars a bit, is that my tastes are different. Does that sound normal? As far as working out each day, my knee feels so much better since I have started this that I'm scared to stop. I figure no one is going to miss me for 30 minutes while I hope on the bike and I just feel so good when I'm done, I love it! I am also trying to make changes that will work for me for the rest of my life, I hope it works. I will say that my eating habits are rubbing off on the kids and even though they are stick kids now, this will help them to stay healthy, I hope! BTW, thanks for the very nice words... I love you guys!

From what I've read on these boards, you guys are both doing so well, you're an inspiration to me! Keep up the excellent work! Enjoy your day, both of you!

jay-nee-you are doing awesome! at least you are planning ondoing stuff in disney..as of now im planning on jogging every am and pm..but knowing me,,,,,,:)congrats on 1 month--ur doing great!!

See my ticker factory? I am now down 8 lbs to 184 now! I am so psyched as two milestones are past. (1) I now need to loose less than 30 lbs and (2) as far as my BMI, I am no longer considered obese, although I really didn't consider myself obese anyway (kinda scary, huh?).

I will feel better about the obese thing when I don't have this little tummy thing I've developed. In all my times that I have gained weight, I never gained a real tummy, well, this time I did! Now, saying that...it will probably be the last thing to go (jokes on me, right?). I am one of those big butt and thighs kinda girls, even when at my smaller sizes. I'm okay with that though...huh, my other choice? :-)

Well, I am giddy with excitement if you can't tell, just had to share...

Thanks to all for support and great encouragement! :-)

Jaynee! Way to go on the fabulous loss! :jumping4: :jumping4: :jumping4:

Hey, you're in good company! Tera and I are the founding members of the big butt and thigh club!

It's funny you mentioned your tastes changing where sugar is concerned. I haven't ever been much of a candy or sweets eater. Mostly just at holidays. Anyway, being on South Beach I really have been very careful about eating things with refined sugar in them. I didn't notice any change in my enjoyment of chocolate this Christmas! LOL So I guess it doesn't have that effect on everyone. I did have some nasty tasting fudge but I don't think it was me I think it was just nasty! LOL

You are doing excellent! You already are getting a good plan in place for Disney too, that's great!

It was 1 month yesterday that I joined WISH.

After I bike this morning, I will have officially made my 1000 minutes in Dec goal. I have already signed up for the 5 lbs in Jan and also 1000 minutes in Jan threads as well. Jan will be a true challenge for me as we will be on vacation at WDW for 11 days (including travel time), but I am going to try and do this...

Well, this is just a quick check-in, as I think we are heading to my DM's for the New Year's weekend, if the weather will cooperate...?

Happy New Year to all my WISH buddies...jay-nee

Wow Jay-Nee your clippie and ticker tape are WONDERFUL!!!!! Good for you :cheer2:

I hope you meet all your goals of the New Year :wizard: I'm sure you will :)

Sundie

jay-nee--congrats on the loss!! im so happy for you! i love reaching the little milestones!
i know what you mean about jan being the test--i have vacation starting next week--hope i dont blow it :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter