January 2015

Hoping for 20-25% off POR end of Jan! It was 25% last year! That would save us nearly $500 a room!

When do discounts for January typically come out?

Do you guys all have your reservations booked already? What do you do in that case? Will they apply the discount to existing reservation or you book a new one?

Thanks in advance.

When do discounts for January typically come out?

Do you guys all have your reservations booked already? What do you do in that case? Will they apply the discount to existing reservation or you book a new one?

Thanks in advance.

We are going January 14 to January 29 but waiting a bit to see if FD is offered because we want to stay at POR but the FD isn't available there at the moment but was back in January when we went.

We are going January 14 to January 29 but waiting a bit to see if FD is offered because we want to stay at POR but the FD isn't available there at the moment but was back in January when we went.

There hasn't been a public free dining offer during the beginning of the year for 2 years, unfortunately.

It's been the Stay, Play, Dine offer.

There hasn't been a public free dining offer during the beginning of the year for 2 years, unfortunately. It's been the Stay, Play, Dine offer.
We are staying 1/24-1/31, what is the stay play and dine package. We are thinking of getting the deluxe dinning, are kids are small but can really eat lol. Do you know if the deluxe dining plan be booked under that?

There hasn't been a public free dining offer during the beginning of the year for 2 years, unfortunately.

It's been the Stay, Play, Dine offer.

We went in January/February this year and last year and got the free dining both times with pin codes.

What about just room discounts, like the 30% or something?

If you book a room now, can you apply a discount that comes out down the road?

What about just room discounts, like the 30% or something?

If you book a room now, can you apply a discount that comes out down the road?

If there is availability with the discount, yes. Having it booked ahead of time doesn't guarantee it'll be able to be applied.

They have a certain amount of rooms available for the discount - once they're gone they're gone. If it's available at the time you go to apply it, it's typically a really quick and easy modification.

We will be there Jan. 3th to 11th, and of course, are hopping for some discounts :goodvibes

1990 to 1992 Off site
1994 and 1995 Off site
1998 and 1999 Off site
2000 to 2003 All star Sports
2004 to 2011 Pop Century
2012 The World was great again (Pop Century) without the kids for the 1st time
2013 March Disneymoon with the kids
2013 September 2th adult trip, kind of another Disneymoon

1410073233.jpg

1420268412.jpg

Anyone know what time to expect southwest to release more dates? It's supposed to happen tomorrow, just curious when. Midnight? "Business hours?" Etc..

I always book well ahead and wait for discounts and always get them applied. Sometimes I have to change the hotel but most of the time it's been for a mod from a value at the same rate or less.

I haven't gotten a pin code in forever and i always ask too. I guess I've been so many times they figure they have me hooked no matter what but I always wonder since I see people getting pin codes for FD even though they go multiple times. Hmm.

As far as weather we go every January and it's hit or miss. We always get a rainy day, even if it's for a half a day. I remember going a few years back, my youngest wasn't born so you are talking 2010 maybe and it was COLD! We stayed at WL and we never got near a pool. Every day was under 55 and we had brought sweatshirts and bought sweatshirts to go over our sweatshirts! We wore pants everyday and thank God we had a washer/dryer there because I only pack for like three day and wash on the third day so we were washing jeans every night! I keep an eye on the weather and what the weather channel says the week before often reflects the next week.

Can't wait to go in 38 days much less January!

Welp, it's looking like we will be a go for a January WDW trip!! Yaaaay!!!

Would it be a terrible idea to wait until October, when the discounts are released, to book? That may make a difference in where we want to stay.

I have my heart set on Boardwalk Inn, but I think my 5 year old son would go crazy over Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Welp, it's looking like we will be a go for a January WDW trip!! Yaaaay!!!

Would it be a terrible idea to wait until October, when the discounts are released, to book? That may make a difference in where we want to stay.

I have my heart set on Boardwalk Inn, but I think my 5 year old son would go crazy over Animal Kingdom Lodge.

I would probably make a reservation just in case. Some room categories at CR (where I have been looking) have been sold out for awhile now. I would reserve especially if you want a standard room.

Woohoo! We're going in January 2015, too! Going January 25 - 31. This will be our third trip to WDW in January, having gone in 2012 and 2013. I'd trade iffy weather (knock on wood, we've been lucky in the past) for low crowds.

Don't know where we'll be staying just yet. We'll be waiting until after the discounts are announced in October. We didn't book our January 2013 hotel until early December and were able to find a good selection of rooms in our preferred resorts. We went with the Polynesian and absolutely LOVED it. Would do again but pool will be under construction (we're Canadian... my kids will swim in less than summer-like conditions ;) ). Ideally, we'll grab a room in the GF or Beach Club.

Regardless of where we stay, I've already planned our park days and have some ADRs taken care of. Trying places we haven't before. Akershus (DD will be almost 3 and loves Princesses), Hollywood & Vine (all of my kids still watch Disney Junior), 'Ohana (have been for breakfast and loved it. Have heard good things about dinner), Jiko (excited to check out Animal Kingdom Lodge), and Whispering Canyon (also to check out Wilderness Lodge).

Still have a couple of dinners to plan, but will wait until we know where we're staying and chose by proximity.

Anyway, very excited for the trip and LOVE planning things in general :)

got our flights for 1/24 to 1/30, hoping for good weather, especially since last year it rained 5 out of our 7 days. :scared1: In the past we'd always had great weather, hoping last year was just a fluke. :thumbsup2;)

got our flights for 1/24 to 1/30, hoping for good weather, especially since last year it rained 5 out of our 7 days. :scared1: In the past we'd always had great weather, hoping last year was just a fluke. :thumbsup2;)

What dates did you go?

we also booked our flights 1/24-1/31! Still have not booked any part of our package and always wait till discounts come out in October and have never had any problems getting rooms we have wanted. Hoping the weather is better then what FL experienced this past January! we have always had great weather (capris and sweatshirts and then lose the sweatshirts later in the day and often swimming). So glad we have our flights and am now waiting not so patiently for discounts. BTW JetBlue has some great fares from Newark for that time of year!

We often go in Jan or Feb for the low crowds and off season rates! I buy airline tickets when a great fare pops up, then decide where to stay based on discounts. Free dining? We will stay at POR. No big discounts? Stay at Bahama Bay Resort offsite. This works well if I can get an inexpensive car rental... if I book the car too early it can cost $400 plus taxes/fees/gas/tolls/parking - not going to happen! If I am patient we can get a car for <$100 for a week, including taxes and fees. Pricing is a game, us vs Corporate America! If the total cost of the trip is too high, we will take a cruise or visit our former exchange students in Europe instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter