Plan Ahead with Lightning Lane Entry at Walt Disney World Starting July 24

Price will be available at 7 day window. So maybe those with reservations on 24th or after can tell us about prices July 17th.

It will also be a same day purchase if wanting to wait.

I've yet to pay for Genie+, partially out of spite, and partially because we can usually accomplish what we want to with careful rope-drop strategies and longer trips. I also haven't been willing to spend that much money and then roll the dice on what I would get for it, nor do I want to spend the whole day with my head in my phone. But I may actually spring for this in early August, if I can plan ahead and know what I'm getting.
Kudos to you that you're one of the rare people I've seen who've actually never bought G+. I've never purchased a ILL and gone on Tron/GotG adequate amount of times, for me.

The fact that you never paid for G+ and now willing to buy the MP kind of feeds into my initial thought that more people might want to book it, or otherwise may pressure others to do so. My closest Disney friend only books G+ for MK or day of if heavy crowds, said last night she feels like she feels pressure to book much more days ahead of time in fear of getting leftovers or waiting too long SB.

I don't get why they had to change the name at all! All they had to do is program in the changes and say "with the 'new and improved' Genie+, you can now book three LLs in advance etc etc". Unless of course the 'big change' means a 'big charge' for this new system.

But it is what it is. And since we don't expect to be back for 2 years chances are there will be tweaks and changes to the new system by then. My next trip will be DLR and it looks like nothing's changed there except the name.

I just came across a suggestion (at least) that if you book a Disney resort you can book these passes 7 days ahead wherever you are in the world. However, if you are staying outside of Disney the 3 days only applies to US residents. Who knows what is good information and what is guesswork and what is Chinese Whispers?! :confused3

I was wondering why you couldn't attach these 'reservations' to your Disney resort reservation.

Surely, Disney has a loud enough voice and big enough reach, that they could communicate it 100% clearly and avoid all this confusion and disappointment.

The uncertainty just seems unnecessary.

I just came across a suggestion (at least) that if you book a Disney resort you can book these passes 7 days ahead wherever you are in the world…
Alas I think this won’t stop them from visiting Disney. So, as wrong as it feels it might have been a fine operational choice.

Real Q- to those int’l guests who’ve already assembled the dough to go to WDW are you going to bail over this?

Alas I think this won’t stop them from visiting Disney. So, as wrong as it feels it might have been a fine operational choice.

Real Q- to those int’l guests who’ve already assembled the dough to go to WDW are you going to bail over this?
Already paid, flights non-refundable. Already called and reduced ticket from 7 day hopper to 6 day base. We usually book bounce-back offers every year, but this will be the last. Am keeping my next Disneyland trip however, as Genie was included in my ticket.

Probably not the person to ask as I don’t currently have a trip booked (likely next visit is 2026) but if this policy is confirmed to be true and they don’t change it before we next go, then we won’t stay onsite and won’t visit a Disney park in the first three days of our holiday (so we can get start booking our rides once we’re in the US).

We have a trip booked in September, travelling from UK. All paid in full, so we're still going.

If we get there and end up having a worse experience because of these changes (e.g. poor availability for top rides, long standby lines) then our next step is cancelling the trip booked for 2025.

If we weren't paid in full at this point, I think we'd at least be talking about changing plans.

Yes. I'm from Canada. If they don't change this so we can use the 7 day window they will never see another dime of my money ever.

We haven't been since the introduced G+ and these changes were to our liking. But then they pulled the rug out with the this inside the US nonsense.

I'm starting to think the cost of Multi Pass is basically for 3 prepaid LL's for rides. The more you can get based on "availability" - the cost per ride comes down.

Hey Disney.......Why not just just sell a reduced price base ticket ( standby users ) and just put a price for a LL on every ride ( for those wanting a faster experience )? Call it The DIY Plaid Ticket :wizard:

Last edited:
Not sure if this is enough to help but someone international with a 14 day ticket staying deluxe will still get the last half of the vacation booked early. Seems like half but at least those folks still have something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest