January 2014 discount watch!!

I think what you folks saw last night was a "sample offer" during value season. Non discounted package. Click on the special offers on the wdw home page and scroll down to see these offers and the dates (which correspond with value season)...can't wait for SPD to come out so I can apply it and relax! Lol

Called today about dining reservations and asked CM about any upcoming "promotions" that might be coming up for 2014. She only mentioned the promo for end of 2013 and that is all she would share. :(

Does anyone know how fast these deals sell out? Like should I be phoning right at 7:00 Orlando time? Or is there usually a good selection? Or should I book via Internet at midnight?

Does anyone know how fast these deals sell out? Like should I be phoning right at 7:00 Orlando time? Or is there usually a good selection? Or should I book via Internet at midnight?

They don't sell out anytime soon, even if there's an initial rush when the phones open. Free dining is always the most popular and has waits of up to three hours and even it doesn't sell out the first day.

Hoping for a S/P/D or room only discount for Jan 2014. Just hanging around to see when it becomes available for the GP

Different spin on a common question:

DW and I have old Park Hopper passes that are from 2002 (the one's that never expire). Our DS will be 20-months old when we visit in Jan. so he is free.

Are we better off to do a S/P/D (and save our old park hoppers for another visit) or a RO discount (and use up the old hoppers and pay oop for food)?

Planned on staying in the pirate ship beds at CBR, but open to something else such as AoA or ???

Stay Play Dine (SPD) is expected to be a special offer where resort rooms are at regular (rack) rates but adults and children all pay the child 3-9 pricing for theme park tickets and for dining plans. Values will offer the quick service plan and moderates and above will offer the regular dining plan.

No complete certainty until the offer is released, but it would be a pleasant surprise if LM rooms are included in the next round of offers as they have continued to be excluded as each offer comes out. So no, don't expect LM rooms to be available for discounts.
Can anyone tell me if the SPD happens and I am booked at a value resort, how much extra will it cost to upgrade to the regular dining plan?

Spudnicy said:
Can anyone tell me if the SPD happens and I am booked at a value resort, how much extra will it cost to upgrade to the regular dining plan?

QS child price $15.75 + $19.02= $34.77 per adult per night.......$18.88 for kids

shannon006 said:
I'm confused. I thought the s/p/d was adults pay what kids pay. So if RDP for child is $19.02 why is it $34.77 for adults?

$19.02 is the difference between QSDP and RDDP adult cost. That is added to the child price of $15.75 for kids QSDP.

shannon006 said:
Ok, so it is roughly a $20 savings for Adult DDP regular price per night ?

Yes :) sorry for the long answer :)... It's going to save us $300 over 5 nights sooo good deal for us. Would cost us more money to upgrade to a mod...not worth it when bus service is sooo much better at Pop then the mods :) Happy planning!

You guys have all been so helpful, and I am hoping that you can answer something else that has me very confused.

We are planning a stay at a value from Jan.2-7, and have rented points at the Wilderness Lodge from the 7-9. If the predicted discount dates are correct, starting on the 5th, we would qualify for a discount for 2 of the days we plan to stay at the value. From what I have learned on these boards, we will need to do a split stay at the value in order to take advantage of the discount. If we have 2 separate reservations at the value, and add a 7 day park hopper to the first reservation, how will the Magic Bands work? The tickets will be attached to the first reservation. So will we have three separate magic bands? Will we have to keep the first Magic Bands with our park tickets for the whole trip and receive other bands for our room at the other resort? Use one band for the tickets, then another band for the room key? Of can they set up the original bands to work with each room on the other reservations? In short, I am asking how the Magic Bands will work with multiple reservations. Sorry if this is confusing, I confuse myself with these questions:)

Based on last year, does anyone have a sense what the % off was for AoA (suites)? Trying to help price this out for my friend who has a Cars Suite booked now at rack rate.

Joining the waiting game- from what I've gathered, the rumors are a S/P/D and/or room only discount? I'm so hoping for room only- trying for a villa and if the % off is 30 or above that would be amazing!

Joining the waiting game- from what I've gathered, the rumors are a S/P/D and/or room only discount? I'm so hoping for room only- trying for a villa and if the % off is 30 or above that would be amazing!

There are two offers coming out on the 8th for sure, both the room and S/P/D. If the Disney visa happens, that could happen tomorrow morning but that is never confirmed.

Here's hoping that when I wake up in the morning that a Disney Visa offer will be open for booking. Sweet Dreams:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter