January 2014 discount watch!!

We are two adults that would likely be happy to eat 3, maybe 4 sit down meals total during a 7 day/6 night vacation. We would also like to stay at a deluxe resort. From my inital estimates, I think we are better off with a RO discount rather than S/P/D. Not asking anyone to "do the math", but simply looking for a gut reaction if you agree/disagree with my thinking.

We are two adults that would likely be happy to eat 3, maybe 4 sit down meals total during a 7 day/6 night vacation. We would also like to stay at a deluxe resort. From my inital estimates, I think we are better off with a RO discount rather than S/P/D. Not asking anyone to "do the math", but simply looking for a gut reaction if you agree/disagree with my thinking.

Sounds right to me. You will likely be better off with a RO discount at a deluxe, and pay OOP for your meals. If the 3-4 TS meals you intend on having aren't super expensive places, that is. :)

We are in the same boat. We decided to save even more money and stay at the Swan/Dolphin than staying at a Deluxe using RO since you won't purchase a dining plan, especially if you want to stay in the Epcot resort area to avoid busses to 2 of the parks. You will have to pay for airport transfers, and possibly FP+ won't be available there yet, but might be. If you have AAA or are a teacher/nurse, you can get an even better rate. Considerably lower than 30% off at most WDW deluxes, but with deluxe accommodations.

Most are Tuesdays... rarely a Monday.
Disney visa offers are generally the only ones that come out on a Thursday.

I find most often general public discounts have come out on Thursdays. Examples of this year were Aug. 1, May 9 and Jan. 3. The only Tuesday a discount dropped was April 2.

Sounds right.

Thursdays and Mondays are usually when Disney Visa offers like to roll...if and when it happens.

Any news about CR? I'm wondering if it will be included and if it is will the percentage differ from the other deluxe resorts? Also wondering if both tower and garden rooms will be included? Thanks!

Edited to add: Thanks, found my answer...looks like CR will be included!!!

So is everyone expecting Disney visa to come out this week? Is there a special number I have to call when they do come out?
Thanks
Ryan

So is everyone expecting Disney visa to come out this week? Is there a special number I have to call when they do come out? Thanks Ryan

Should be Thursday if they release to visa this time around.

Several numbers:

407-934-7639

407-939-7675

407-939-6244

Are we sure this doesn't launch until Oct.8th? Half watching tv tonight and there was definitely a "sale" add for WDW. Caught th end and saw the January dates.

I didn't see podq listed for a room only? Would they be the stay fine and play or no discount at all?? Is it true that the stay play fine the most you can save is $600?

conandrob240 said:
Are we sure this doesn't launch until Oct.8th? Half watching tv tonight and there was definitely a "sale" add for WDW. Caught th end and saw the January dates.

I saw this commercial twice yesterday! ALL the dates were in the fine print, not just Jan. It was the Show Your Disney side promotion. But, no update to the special offers tab online. Weird.

It is weird they would have a commercial advertising a sale that isn't bookable for another full week. Yes, there were multiple dates. I only caught a little of the commericla and zeroed in on January because I have a friend going then and we have been watching.

It is weird they would have a commercial advertising a sale that isn't bookable for another full week. Yes, there were multiple dates. I only caught a little of the commericla and zeroed in on January because I have a friend going then and we have been watching.

Think I can find on you tube?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter