Jamie's Journal (comments welcome please!)

Yikes for the carpet! What a pain. I totally understand, we have a orange stain right by our stairs. I won't go into detail (it's icky) but let's just say it involves my dog, and upset tummy and pumpkin. Not cute :lmao:

Hey, I think it's ok to have an off day every once in a while. The thing I have to learn (and it sounds like you've got this under control) is not to let one bad snack, meal or day turn into a binge of bad choices. I have a really hard time with that. But I think you're a lot better at this kind of stuff than I am :)

Nice job on the April challenge, you'll make May, no problem!

I totally understand on the carpet. We had white carpet in our first house (pre kids)- my rationale was it was the same color as our white persian cat:rotfl2: . Within in weeks of moving in I tripped and spilled an entire bowl of tomato soup :sad2: .

Good job getting back on track after your bad day - by the way, all donuts are yummy! Donuts are definitely my weakness:rotfl2: .

Great job on the exercise challenge - you'll do great in May!!

Well my white carpet story is an entire thing of KFC gravy spilled the night we moved in! Followed a few months later with our dog chewing up a magic marker on it. We now have brown carpet ;) . Did you try oxy clean?

Don't feel too bad about your food, you said "a" donut so thats a good thing since one donut is one thing but five or six is another! And you are right, tomorrow is another day. Hope your week gets a bit less hectic!

Great job making your goal for April. :thumbsup2 You still have 29 days to meet your goal for May. You CAN do it. :goodvibes

:hug: Jamie,

When we bought our house, we had all brand new carpet installed. In the front room, we had a light tan/ beige installed. This was pre-children of course and we have had many stains on the carpet from fruit juice to spaghetti sauce. Plus, our furbabies have done a number on it too.:eek: We're hoping to get new carpet next year and it will probably be navy or cranberry to hide all the stains!:lmao:

Congratulations on making your April exercise goal!:cheer2: You'll be able to meet May's challenge........ You CAN do it, Jamie!:cheer2:

Hope you have a great day! Sending lots of :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: your way for a WDW vacation in September.

Hello,

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate your kind words and for stopping by.

Well the good news is that the red stain is hardly noticeable. We used Resolve and then Oxiclean on it and then vacuumed it up. I know it's there, but that is because I spilled it, but I think if someone else were to come in they would have no idea. We really need to replace the carpet anyway, we have talked about it. We have had a few little problems. The biggest one was with Baxter, he decided to get a hold a red pen and chew it up. So our carpet has seen better times. It's not real noticeable, but I know its there.

Anywho, yesterday was a much better day than Tuesday. I am very happy about that. I didn't eat anything that I had not planned, so that was good. We ordered pizza on Tuesday, two for Tuesday, so we have left over pizza and that is what I had for dinner. I only had two pieces so that was good. I didn't want any more than that. Then after dinner, I thought I needed something sweet, but then I turned around and walked out of the kitchen. After almost eating a rice crispier treat. I made them for DH over the weekend, and we have a few left, I was going to take one, but then decided not too. I was looking forward to being healthier if we made it to WDW this year. I have very proud of that. I just walked away.

I got my workouts in, I did 25 minutes of high intense cardio with Bob and then 20 minutes of weights. So that puts me at 75/1000 for May so far. I can do this, I know I can. I have challenged myself in the past to 1000 minutes and most times I didn't make it. But I really want to this time and I will!!!

Wednesday
B @ 5:30 Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl - I really need to go grocery shopping!
S @ 8:45 1 Nature Valley granola bar
L @ 12:00 Healthy Choice herb chicken with cherry dessert and veggies. Didn't eat any of the veggies, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots- Not for me!
S @ 2:45 1 Nature Valley granola bar
D @ 6:00 2 slices of cheese pizza
Water was good - 100oz again. I am finally back to this goal again. I could probably start drinking more, but I have not.

So I was out checking airfare yesterday, trying to help push the WDW talks along! And I found airfare roundtrip from Denver to Orlando for 218 per person. That is pretty good. I checked about a week or so ago and it was still $300 per person round trip. So we would be saving there. I was just shocked, I have not seen airfare that cheap in a while. A long while!

Now I need to vent for a minute, just a short one. I am starting to get discouraged with the stupid scale...I have been working out and watching what I eat, except for Tuesday, and I have not lost one pound. I am steady. Which is good, I would rather stay at the weight I am than gain, but come one, move just a little. Please.... Okay vent over for now. Hopefully next week will give me a loss of some sort....

Well I am off to journals. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day :)

Hello,

Thanks everyone!!! I appreciate your kind words and for stopping by.

Well the good news is that the red stain is hardly noticeable. We used Resolve and then Oxiclean on it and then vacuumed it up.
Now I need to vent for a minute, just a short one. I am starting to get discouraged with the stupid scale...I have been working out and watching what I eat, except for Tuesday, and I have not lost one pound. I am steady. Which is good, I would rather stay at the weight I am than gain, but come one, move just a little. Please.... Okay vent over for now. Hopefully next week will give me a loss of some sort....

Well I am off to journals. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day :)

Jamie--that's what we are here for ! TO listen to all venting you need to do. I know that the scale will get it into gear. Is your scale on battery? Maybe you need to replace them with batteries that know what they are really to do! ;)

Glad the stain it gone. When we bought our house, the entire thing was carpeted. And lots of it new. So, we no longer have carpet in the bath, all 3 bedrooms, the hall, and most of the basement. There is still carpet in the kitchen because we just dread replacing it and having to go thru all that it entails. As I said, it was new, so it has been 10 years and it is starting to look like it's 10 yrs old. I did put one of those plastic mats that you see in offices in the area of the sink/stove/dishwasher. That has saved on lots of messes.

Keep up the great job you are doing. Sending wishes for a WDW trip and for a great WI on your next one!

Wendy

Hello everyone.

Whew what a morning. It has been crazy here. I have tried several times to get to my journal and just when I think I have a few minutes, I don't. I am taking 10 minutes and doing it now!

Yesterday was a great day, I think! The only thing that I had that I didn't plan for was 7 pickles from Subway. I walked over with a friend and I asked her if she would get me some pickles since they don't charge by the item. It worked out. And they were oh so good. I was able to get my work out in and that felt good, I was only able to do 20 minutes cardio, walking, and then I did 20 minutes of boot camp with Bob!

Thursday:
B @ 5:30 2 waffles with no butter and little syrup
S @ 8:45 1 Nature Valley granola bar
L @ 12:30 Healthy Choice turkey and gravey with corn. I picked out the peas and carrots
S @ 2:30 1 Nature Valley granola bar
D @ 6:00 2 slices of pizza. It's gone!!!!
Water was good, 100 oz again!

Well that is about it for now, nothing too exciting going on right now. I am going to try and make it other jounrals today.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day :)

Jaimie this has been happening to me for since i started training 3 months ago!! So i totally sympathise :hug:

Glad the stain came out of the carpet!
Did you talk DH in booking that fantastic flight price, try telling him how lucky he is & that your friend in the UK has to pay about $1600 EACH :scared1:

Well done for resisting the rice crispie treat :goodvibes
Boot camp Bob sounds interesting!!!

Hello Jamie.

I can certainly understand the 'I think I have a minute' thing and then--wham--time has just left the building, thank you and good night.

Rice crispie treats are amazing. I used to make them, but if I do now, I eat ALL of them. Ok, maybe not all, but it sure seems like it. DH made old fashioned ginger bread the other day for DD to go to the one room school house, and I am so glad I do not like ginger bread. It smelled wonderful. Now, we will not talk about the cake he and DD make last week!

Have a great weekend and stay on that positive note!

Wendy

Hi Jamie, glad the stain is gone more or less. What a great deal on airfare, do you mind if I ask which airline? I generally fly Frontier but have been paying between $300-400 per ticket to Orlando. You need to jump on that deal! Maybe if you tell dh he can do some things he has really been wanting to do? Like that Richard Petty Driving Experience or parasailing? I really hope you get to go! Don't worry about the scale, you will likely see a big drop very soon. Just hang in there, the scale has a mind of its own! Hope you are enjoying this chilly weekend!

I found your journal! :wave2:

Don't worry about that scale not moving...if you stick to what you're doing, the weight has no choice but to come off. You are really good with that water, too! Hang on in there, and you'll meet your goal, I KNOW it!!

Beth

Hi Jamie!

Sending positive thoughts and good wishes!

Wendy

:hug: Jamie,

I understand your frustration with the scale.... I am completely frustrated with mine too. If our scales don't start cooperating, let's have a scale bashing party!:cool1: At least we'll get plenty of exercise bashing our scales.:lmao:

I hope everything works out for you to go to WDW. That airfare sounds great!:wizard:

Have a wonderful Sunday!:hug:

I totally had to get over my instant feedback needs (not that I'm actually that good at it :lmao: ) because it does get so frustrating. I decided to only get on the scale every couple weeks, because it's a better measure. Daily or weekly weigh ins can so easly be influenced by water weight or other factors. I'm actually using a pair of jeans that are slightly too small as my measure. The number on the scale is just too depressing.

Great job on the food and the exercise! :cheer2:

Hi Jamie,

I understand how you feel about the scale. But if you keep it up the weight will come off. Maybe not when we want it to, but it will. :goodvibes

Good Monday morning,

Thanks for stopping by everyone, I appreciate the kind words.

This weekend was great, we didn't really do much, just relaxed. The weather was a little iffy, so we didn't get much riding in. We had some shopping and stuff to do on Saturday, so we were in the trucks. My DH works for a western clothing company and they have an outlet store in front of his office, and I love to go shopping in there. I can usually find some pretty good stuff! They say that stuff is irregular, but I don't care. Usually there is something minor wrong with it, so they can't sell it at normal price, so it goes in the outlet store for a lesser price. It's great! So we stopped in there this weekend, DH did a little bit of work and then we headed home. We had to go back out to his work on Sunday, they were having issues so we rode the bikes. It was a little chilly though! DH wanted to go to the mountains, but I told him no. It had just snowed there Saturday! Funny guy. So we headed home and I did some housework. Not too much fun!

Friday

B @ 5:30 2 waffles with no butter and little syrup
S skipped, by the time I realized it, it was already 11:00 opps!
L @ 12:30 Healthy Choice chicken tortilla soup. I have never had this before and it was pretty good. The only thing I picked out was the tomatoes!
S @ 2:30 1 cup of sugar free hot chocolate. I was so cold!
D @ 6:00 2 corn tacos with ff cheese
Water was good. 100 oz again!!!

Saturday

B @ 6:00 2 waffles with no butter and little syrup
S skipped
L @ 12:00 grilled cheese
S skipped
D @ 5:00 1 cup mashed potatoes with 1 biscuit. DMIL bought us this Steam N Mash thing for Christmas, OMG it works so good. It can steam just about anything really. We have only tried potatoes. It makes the potatoes much more creamy and so much better. I love this thing!
Water was good, 100 oz again

Sunday

B skipped, was not hungry
L @ 12:00 grilled cheese sandwich
D @ 5:00 1 bunless hotdog and 1 cup velvetta shells and cheese
Water was good, 100 oz

So I have not done too well with exercise. I didn't do anything over the weekend. I have knee problems and my knee was hurting, so I didn't work out. I should have though. I will start again today.

Amy, I found airfare for $218.80 round trip on United. I checked this morning and it is still the same, 218.80. That is less than what we paid for in 2005!

Thanks again everyone for stopping by. Have a great day :)

It is great you got the stain out. I so understand the "stuck" scale syndrome. It is so darn frustrating! But, you are doing what you need to do - watching what you eat, drinking lots of water, and exercising. As others have said, the weight has no choice, but to come off eventually. Great deal on the airfare. I hope you can take advantage of it.:wizard:

Hi,

The weight will come off...I get stuck on the scales all the time...I find my clothes is the biggest test of my weight loss. You are doing great with your food choices. What a great airfare!

Have a great week!

Hi Jaimie
It was proberbly a good idea to rest your knee!
Hope you get some exercise in this week ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter