Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
11/27 - 12/3 MemphisVanessa - AKL
December
12/17 - 12/24 jennf - Kidani
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
1/15 - 1/21 djshockley - Jambo
February
2/25 - 3/4 jackieleanne - Jambo
March
3/22 - 3/26 Goldilocks07 - AKL Jambo
April
4/1-4/8 Doingitagain - Jambo
May
5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL
Please add our just booked trip for June 12-17 AKL Jambo

Thanks!

Here is the latest list of everyone visiting in 2022 & 2023
If you have any updates please let me know…
November
11/13 - 11/19 2nd childhood - AKL
December
12/17 - 12/24 jennf - Kidani
January
1/8 - 1/13 Goofy4 - Kidani
1/15 - 1/21 djshockley - Jambo
February
March
3/22 - 3/26 Goldilocks07 - AKL Jambo
April
4/1-4/8 Doingitagain - Jambo
May
5/14 - 5/18 kanerf - Jambo House
5/26 - 5/29 meliscan Jambo House
June
July
August
September
October

November
11/12 - 11/18 Mtraynom - AKL
December
12/4 - 12/7 Vatink - AKL
Dec 10 - Dec 17 AKL Jambo House

Hello, everyone.

New here, but not to WDW. Many many past trips, and am pretty knowledgeable about the parks and other resort layouts, but need help for AKL.

I am considering a stay at AKL and currently have a Savanna view booked for Mar 27 - Apr 4. My only experience staying at AKL was several years ago when my husband and I stayed in a Kidani Studio for our 45th Anniversary.

This trip will likely be a solo trip, but working on convincing a friend to join me.

I use a scooter, and usually, when I stay at other resorts I try to get the highest floor, (makes using the elevators easier than trying to squeeze a scooter in after others have already loaded), or the ground floor to avoid elevators.

I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on the balcony, and am looking for advice on room locations.... if there are sections of this thread with photos or pros/cons, can you send me in that direction.

Thanks a ton... looking forward to catching up here!

Jeanne

Hello, everyone.

New here, but not to WDW. Many many past trips, and am pretty knowledgeable about the parks and other resort layouts, but need help for AKL.

I am considering a stay at AKL and currently have a Savanna view booked for Mar 27 - Apr 4. My only experience staying at AKL was several years ago when my husband and I stayed in a Kidani Studio for our 45th Anniversary.

This trip will likely be a solo trip, but working on convincing a friend to join me.

I use a scooter, and usually, when I stay at other resorts I try to get the highest floor, (makes using the elevators easier than trying to squeeze a scooter in after others have already loaded), or the ground floor to avoid elevators.

I am looking forward to spending a lot of time on the balcony, and am looking for advice on room locations.... if there are sections of this thread with photos or pros/cons, can you send me in that direction.

Jeanne
"Highest floor" isn't going to work at Jambo House if you booked a regular hotel room because the two highest floors are DVC villas and studios.

I think Ground Floor at Jambo House is the level that The Mara and Boma are on. I don't know if there are savannah view rooms down there - and if there are, I don't know how good the view is.

"Highest floor" isn't going to work at Jambo House if you booked a regular hotel room because the two highest floors are DVC villas and studios.

I think Ground Floor at Jambo House is the level that The Mara and Boma are on. I don't know if there are savannah view rooms down there - and if there are, I don't know how good the view is.
Thanks, @Best Aunt - I found a YouTube video that kind of helped a bit... they said that since the lobby is on the 3rd floor, that would be the floor to book for me to minimize elevator use. If it's a short trip (like maybe picking up a mobile order at Mara), I can leave the scooter in my room and hoof it. I'll request a room near the elevator though.

Thanks, @Best Aunt - I found a YouTube video that kind of helped a bit... they said that since the lobby is on the 3rd floor, that would be the floor to book for me to minimize elevator use. If it's a short trip (like maybe picking up a mobile order at Mara), I can leave the scooter in my room and hoof it. I'll request a room near the elevator though.
I think closer to ground level gives you the best views of animals from your balcony too :)

Booked Jambo House for June 9th thru 23rd.
We stayed there about 12 years ago when we got a great deal. It was a dream and never in a million years did I think we’d be able to visit again but here we are.
I’m very excited.

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne
I don't know where your studio was at Kidani, but we are currently staying at nearly the end of the hall at Kidani, and I had no idea how long of a walk it is. With a scooter I'm sure you'll be fine, but just wanted to pass along that you would want to be much closer to transportation if using Disney transportation. Otherwise, your trip is not over after getting off the bus.

Hi does anybody there now or have been this month have a schedule of events. We will be there this Thursday and Friday?

Thanks

Will the buses be running from Jambo to get us to Animal Kingdom for our 8am Tusker House reservation? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter