Jambo! The newest AKL Information thread

Does anyone know if AKL carries the ACC Network on the in-room tvs?

No. It is not listed as one of the networks carried at the WDW Resorts (they all have the same - so none of them have it).

Would you say a standard room is worth still it even without a savanna view? I am currently booked at one of the moderates and isn’t much more to upgrade. I stayed there last year with a savanna view and loved it but feel like I would be disappointed without one haha just love the resort!

Would you say a standard room is worth still it even without a savanna view? I am currently booked at one of the moderates and isn’t much more to upgrade. I stayed there last year with a savanna view and loved it but feel like I would be disappointed without one haha just love the resort!
That's truly a tough call. There are some standard rooms where you luck out and have at least a partial view of some animals. But even if that doesn't happen, there are many places around the resort to stop and view the animals - the main viewing areas outside the lobby at Jambo, outside the lobby at Kidani, the areas by both pools, and many spots around both Jambo and Kidani. So while we alway prefer the savanna view, there are ways to get your animal fix while enjoying the rest of the amazing resort!

We are staying in a pool view (got it with the discount that's out!). We aren't upset at all about not having a Savanna view. We can view outside, there's some public balconies to sit. Plus it's the resort itself that draws us there - the lobby, the food, the pool, heck even the gift shop!

Hopefully you'll be happy with a resort view!

We are staying in a pool view (got it with the discount that's out!). We aren't upset at all about not having a Savanna view. We can view outside, there's some public balconies to sit. Plus it's the resort itself that draws us there - the lobby, the food, the pool, heck even the gift shop!

Oh, that is a very dangerous and amazing gift shop, no doubt!!

Thank you, the full dining plan is included too so that’s also tempting to use at Boma which I loved when I visited. I’ll have to have a think.

That's truly a tough call. There are some standard rooms where you luck out and have at least a partial view of some animals. But even if that doesn't happen, there are many places around the resort to stop and view the animals - the main viewing areas outside the lobby at Jambo, outside the lobby at Kidani, the areas by both pools, and many spots around both Jambo and Kidani. So while we alway prefer the savanna view, there are ways to get your animal fix while enjoying the rest of the amazing resort!
Thanks for the advice. I remember last time where I had checked out and sat on a rocking chair until I had to leave and watched the animals was really peaceful.

Before we became DVC members would always book a Pool view room at AKL. There were alway plenty of places to view the animals and we liked the centralized location.

Thanks for the advice. I remember last time where I had checked out and sat on a rocking chair until I had to leave and watched the animals was really peaceful.
We did that one year, but I don't find those rocking chairs very comfortable.

have decided to bite the bullet. Very excited to be returning, thanks everyone.

FREE VACATION PLANNING!

Dreams Unlimited Travel is here to help you plan your ideal Disney vacation, with no additional cost to you. Our Authorized Disney Vacation Planners offer expert advice, answer all your questions, and constantly seek out the best discounts, ensuring you get the most value for your trip. Let us handle the details so you can focus on making magical memories.
CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest